AMD 580 - What software to adjust its LEDs?

DWD1961

[H]ard|Gawd
What is the software needed to control the AMD 580 ASUS' RGB? I'm using a Gigabyte MB, and Fusion doesn't pick it it.

that ^^. i used it to set my mobo rgb and then disabled it. you might me able to too, depends if the cards rgb retains setting.

that ^^. i used it to set my mobo rgb and then disabled it. you might me able to too, depends if the cards rgb retains setting.
Oh god. I guess I'll ahve to install that POS, along wiht Gigabytes POS. At least G Skillz software works well. I should have listened to my friend. He went iCUE and just repined all of his connections to use whatever hardware he wanted. Works great. All adjusted though the internal USB 2 port, and powered by SATA--no on board anything involved.

Installed and it works, but what a POS. It makes Fusion look like a fully developed software. It's really bad. I mean, looks really barren and lacking and hard to understand. What a bunch of clowns.

Anyway, it worked and I could change the cards LEDs. However, on restart, everything in my box went bright red and I couldn't control it. I couldn't even get the BIOS to control the lights when I booted this morning. No idea what happened. So I uninstalled the ASUS POS and shut everything down again, turned off the PSU, turned in back on, and rebooted into BIOS and got my control back. (Whew!)

So, WTF? Are ASUS cards only suppose to be LED controllable with ASUS boards and software? Aura Sync kept wanting to change my RAM too.) I set teh card to a specific color, but after uninstalling it, the card is now back to breathing, default green.

God damn, I though Fusion was bad.

Last edited:
probably going to have to remove all the rgb stuff, see if it resets.

probably going to have to remove all the rgb stuff, see if it resets.
I shut the PSU off and restated again and I had BIOS level control. What is interesting is that even the BIOS would not change the colors. thought the DLED circuit was blown, or all of my DLED lights were cooked and only red was coming on. I was about ready to poop shit cakes.

So how are you suppose to control an ASUS video card LEDs other than Aura Sync, and if that is messing things up, then what, cry?

I shut the PSU off and restated again and I had BIOS level control. What is interesting is that even the BIOS would not change the colors. thought the DLED circuit was blown, or all of my DLED lights were cooked and only red was coming on. I was about ready to poop shit cakes.

So how are you suppose to control an ASUS video card LEDs other than Aura Sync, and if that is messing things up, then what, cry?
Armoury Crate? But as Pendragon mentioned. You have to remove all the rgb stuff and start over most cases.

Armoury Crate? But as Pendragon mentioned. You have to remove all the rgb stuff and start over most cases.
Fusion and G Skill LED software are working fine currently. Do you mean just rip all of teh LED software out, then reinstall everything? If so, what is the order of operation that will make the difference?

Fusion and G Skill LED software are working fine currently. Do you mean just rip all of teh LED software out, then reinstall everything? If so, what is the order of operation that will make the difference?
well my point being i have had rgb software error out during installs when i already had other rgb apps installed. All i know for sure is there is 2 ways to control rgb with asus boards...Armory crate or Aura. If it installs fine then you have nothing to worry about, but if it errors out during install, im thinking its because the other rgb software is already installed.

you know those two work so i would turf them all. then reinstall asus, set the rgb and then remove it and see if the gpu rgb stays set. then put the other two back on. if not then idk...

well my point being i have had rgb software error out during installs when i already had other rgb apps installed. All i know for sure is there is 2 ways to control rgb with asus boards...Armory crate or Aura. If it installs fine then you have nothing to worry about, but if it errors out during install, im thinking its because the other rgb software is already installed.
Oh ok. Well it didn't error out. Aura installed fine. Still fucked things up royally.
you know those two work so i would turf them all. then reinstall asus, set the rgb and then remove it and see if the gpu rgb stays set. then put the other two back on. if not then idk...
You mean just shut the programs down--terminate their background activity--then reinstall Aura, adjust it, then shut it off and re-enable the other software? I should have listened to my friend and just repinned my RGB stuff to Corsair's ICUE and been done with it. I still may do that.

Oh ok. Well it didn't error out. Aura installed fine. Still fucked things up royally.

You mean just shut the programs down--terminate their background activity--then reinstall Aura, adjust it, then shut it off and re-enable the other software? I should have listened to my friend and just repinned my RGB stuff to Corsair's ICUE and been done with it. I still may do that.
sure try that but dont be surprised if there is still stuff lingering in the background that may conflict. then youd have to turf em.

Also, does anyone know what this little white LED? It stays on after the machine
PXL_20201004_224911604.jpg
is off too.

Also, does anyone know what this little white LED? It stays on after the machineView attachment 285576 is off too.
prob means power is ok. my card in sig has a blue led for each power socket. BUT those left pins dont look seated correctly, looks like the hold down tabs are under the shoulder of the plug when it should be over.

Yeah, that's just a power OK/NO LED. Turns red (iirc) if there is not enough power supplied (like nothing plugged into the PCIe plug, but the PC is powered up). It's been there on a number of ASUS cards since at least the 900 series.

Yeah, that's just a power OK/NO LED. Turns red (iirc) if there is not enough power supplied (like nothing plugged into the PCIe plug, but the PC is powered up). It's been there on a number of ASUS cards since at least the 900 series.
Thanks. Much appreciated.

Just an update. I did shut down my other RGB software in task manger, then installed the ASUS crate software. Then I did this:
1. Go into Windows Services and set all ASUS RGB type services to start automatically--which is their default--but I set them to "delayed start."
2. Started the Crate shit and set the card like I wanted it.
3. Adjusted my other RGB software like I wanted it.

Restarted, and it all settled down exactly like I left it. Super happy about that. Everything seems to be playing well together so far.

Thanks for all the help.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Just an update. I did shut down my other RGB software in task manger, then installed the ASUS crate software. Then I did this:
1. Go into Windows Services and set all ASUS RGB type services to start automatically--which is their default--but I set them to "delayed start."
2. Started the Crate shit and set the card like I wanted it.
3. Adjusted my other RGB software like I wanted it.

Restarted, and it all settled down exactly like I left it. Super happy about that. Everything seems to be playing well together so far.

Thanks for all the help.
Actually, now that Ithink about it, I should have done services delay the other way around, delaying the Fusion and Gskill software so they can configure those LEDs last, leaving only the card LEDs untouched. Either way, it's working perfectly now, and I even plugged in my redux RGB custom strips last night that I cut and soldered together, and they work perfectly too.

Back