AMD 5 Ryzen 3600X, 100Mhz over max boost clock boost override

gerardfraser

[H]ard|Gawd

Just my luck company came from 3000KM away as soon as I started playing with my AMD 5 Ryzen 3600X,so no time to mess around but I managed 100Mhz over max boost clock and I think I can get more now need to tweak when I get a chance.
Desktop-Screenshot-2019-07-11-15-49-28-90-2.png

Interesting it is Core 0 and 1 can achieve 4.5 Ghz. Did you have any luck getting all cores to boost to 4.5 Ghz?

Interesting it is Core 0 and 1 can achieve 4.5 Ghz. Did you have any luck getting all cores to boost to 4.5 Ghz?
I just started,company has left.I only have had around an hour ,I am currently running mem test for CL14 3600Mhz.This may take a week before I know anything on what the Ryzen 5 3600X can do on Cheapest X470 Motherboard out there.

I would say not a chance getting all core 4500Mhz on any Ryzen chip unless liquid nitrogen.I am going to try to use Boost override to try to hit 4600Mhz on one core.That will not likely happen.I am going to try anyway.
Best all core over clock one could hope for on Ryzen 5 3600X would be 4300Mhz-4350Mhz

I just started,company has left.I only have had around an hour ,I am currently running mem test for CL14 3600Mhz.This may take a week before I know anything on what the Ryzen 5 3600X can do on Cheapest X470 Motherboard out there.

I would say not a chance getting all core 4500Mhz on any Ryzen chip unless liquid nitrogen.I am going to try to use Boost override to try to hit 4600Mhz on one core.That will not likely happen.I am going to try anyway.
Best all core over clock one could hope for on Ryzen 5 3600X would be 4300Mhz-4350Mhz
How are you achieving this? Messing with boost settings in the bios? Its crazy how maxed out these chips already are.

3600c14 sounds really nice. What are the other timings? I assume you aren't doing 3600 14-14-14? That would be sweet.

Just my luck company came from 3000KM away as soon as I started playing with my AMD 5 Ryzen 3600X,so no time to mess around but I managed 100Mhz over max boost clock and I think I can get more now need to tweak when I get a chance.
View attachment 173362

Did you notice the high Vcore? You need to tame that before it fries your new toy.;)

What are your settings?
I just got my 3800x today, and set a +200 MHZ, but its not going any higher than 4.5 haha

Did you notice the high Vcore? You need to tame that before it fries your new toy.;)

I am not trying to be rude,those voltages are default normal voltage on all Ryzen 3000 CPU's on light loads.Thanks for the tip but it is fine,it is the way they work.
Yes I can tweak them but I am testing and I also have a spare on the way if I blow it up lol.It really is fine.

How are you achieving this? Messing with boost settings in the bios? Its crazy how maxed out these chips already are.

3600c14 sounds really nice. What are the other timings? I assume you aren't doing 3600 14-14-14? That would be sweet.

Screen grab of what I am testing at the moment and works fine so far ,a lort of time left to test .CL14 3600Mhz.
I will be testing up to 4200Mhz ,so far 4000Mhz works no problem butlike I said I am testing and I just started and it will take weeks to get what I want from the chip/chips I will have.

What are your settings?
I just got my 3800x today, and set a +200 MHZ, but its not going any higher than 4.5 haha

That was quick test before company arrived at my door.I am shooting for 4600 one core but I did not think it was possible before I got my chip but my BIOS goes all the way to 500 lol.
So I am going to try all default settings/voltages Ryzen Master and I can give a better answer later but testing ram before I get into actual overclock ,I got to start somewhere.Sorry for crap answer

ram.png

I am not trying to be rude,those voltages are default normal voltage on all Ryzen 3000 CPU's on light loads.Thanks for the tip but it is fine,it is the way they work.
Yes I can tweak them but I am testing and I also have a spare on the way if I blow it up lol.It really is fine.

Screen grab of what I am testing at the moment and works fine so far ,a lort of time left to test .CL14 3600Mhz.
I will be testing up to 4200Mhz ,so far 4000Mhz works no problem butlike I said I am testing and I just started and it will take weeks to get what I want from the chip/chips I will have.

That was quick test before company arrived at my door.I am shooting for 4600 one core but I did not think it was possible before I got my chip but my BIOS goes all the way to 500 lol.
So I am going to try all default settings/voltages Ryzen Master and I can give a better answer later but testing ram before I get into actual overclock ,I got to start somewhere.Sorry for crap answer

View attachment 173389

Which memory sticks do you have?

What are your settings?

Thumper, can you tell us what clock speeds your 3800x maintains in game?
Very curious to see how in game clock speed compares between 3800X and 3700X.
Also what cooler and temps you see in game?

Thanks

Thumper, can you tell us what clock speeds your 3800x maintains in game?
Very curious to see how in game clock speed compares between 3800X and 3700X.
Also what cooler and temps you see in game?

Thanks

I'll hop in overwatch at 1440p. I would play BFV, but this board has a bug and when you install Zen2 it doesn't see your m.2 drive. Gigabyte x370 gaming K7 if anyone is wondering. And I don't fell like downloading BFV again.
EDIT: clocks were bouncing off 4.550 the whole time. For cooling I'm using a Noctua NH-U12s. Temps maxed at 63c

Last edited:
Back