amd 480 is 160 amir!!!!!!!!!!

I need to abstain from the internet. I don't game much and the bit I do my R9 280x handles just fine but I saw this deal and...must...not...order!!

Man I've been waiting on a good price on a 480 for an upgrade from a GTX480 but I really want the 8 gb if this is going to last me a number of years.

I bought a GTX 1070 quick silver from MSI.

Did everything correctly for rebate.

That was a month ago, no rebate. So screw you MSI.

Will this be better than gtx 960? or just wait and get something better? Thanks

Sold out but awesome deal. I got in on a 470 for the same price after MIR two months ago.

I have to say though. On two computers both running NVIDIA cards I had this problem.
Neither would post. Both powered up for 10 seconds and restart. I had to pull the battery out on both to reset the BIOS. I have never had this problem before with a video card upgrade.

It is comparable to the GTX 1060. In benchmarks, it's a little bit slower on some games and a little bit faster on others. It also tends to excel over NVIDIA in DX12 titles.

I am not trying to be a prick here, what is the reason you people are excited about the latest AMD cards?

I have had the 980 ti and now the 1080 ti MSI "Armor" versions. It's passable, but to be honest, the cooler is not that good, maybe not even as good as stock blow-dryer coolers. They really skimp on the amount and type of metal compared to other coolers I've had (there's not much to the cooling block at all).

Just wanted to warn people thinking they're getting a good after-market cooler here. Good price though.

I have had the 980 ti and now the 1080 ti MSI "Armor" versions. It's passable, but to be honest, the cooler is not that good, maybe not even as good as stock blow-dryer coolers. They really skimp on the amount and type of metal compared to other coolers I've had (there's not much to the cooling block at all).

Just wanted to warn people thinking they're getting a good after-market cooler here. Good price though.

This is correct. This cooler is very chincy.

It's nice to see this price, just don't expect a good RX480. Expect a below average one based on the reviews of the better AIB cards.

If it wasn't for the new AMD stuff coming soon, I'd be all over this to replace my 7970.

This is correct. This cooler is very chincy.

It's nice to see this price, just don't expect a good RX480. Expect a below average one based on the reviews of the better AIB cards.

Of course, you should not be expecting the same as the more expensive "Gaming X" version, but if you're running at stock and not planning to overclock, it's a no-brainer. It is indeed a "good" video card and a great deal at $160-$170 or less!

I need to abstain from the internet. I don't game much and the bit I do my R9 280x handles just fine but I saw this deal and...must...not...order!!
I upgraded one of my machines from a R9 280x to a 8gb Rx 480 and there was a noticable bump in performance. nice upgrade

Ayup, someone needs to put a bullet in this thread. I saw this thread too late to jump in on it. :dead:

Hey, what's the chip codename on those 480?
Polaris

Also, a lot of people say these are great cards for 1080p. I play some games at 1080p but also some can be played at 1440p on a Freesync monitor so my frames are pretty stable all the way down to 40hz.

Polaris

Also, a lot of people say these are great cards for 1080p. I play some games at 1080p but also some can be played at 1440p on a Freesync monitor so my frames are pretty stable all the way down to 40hz.

Thanks!

Gawd that was an awesome price. I'm getting that nice tingly sensation I got when the Athlon 64 busted out. Could be parkinsons though

Would this card or a 1060ish card be good to run in my old X58 i7 920 box at 3.8GHz? I would think it would be fine still without bottle-necking it much, but just wondering. I'm playing at 1920x1200.

I think the 480 and 1060 are perfect for 1080 gaming. I get a steady 100fps on NS2 max settings.

Would this card or a 1060ish card be good to run in my old X58 i7 920 box at 3.8GHz? I would think it would be fine still without bottle-necking it much, but just wondering. I'm playing at 1920x1200.
Both cards will run fine with the i7 920 but you will notice that many games will run faster in newer systems even if the CPU does not seem to be a bottleneck in your system. I had a 920 a while back, still a great general purpose computer but the x58 is a bit dated.

I bought a GTX 1070 quick silver from MSI.

Did everything correctly for rebate.

That was a month ago, no rebate. So screw you MSI.

I almost never bother with rebates anymore. Even when you do everything correct and on time you still hardly ever receive it.

Back