amd 480 is 160 amir!!!!!!!!!!

I almost never bother with rebates anymore. Even when you do everything correct and on time you still hardly ever receive it.

I've come to realize that.

Well, with MSI anyway. I've had good luck with other companies. MSI screwed me twice om rebates, didn't get a single one back. So I stopped buying their parts.

I have one from Powercolor and Rosewell in processing (according to the emails they sent). Lets hope I get the gift cards.

I am playing at 1440p in everygame with my xfx 480 8gb. running at 1350 and with 1.1v, this thing was overvolted out of the box like crazy. Never sustained its clock because it went over the power threshold and kept down clocking. Now at 1.1 in every game it sustains 1350 all the time.

its just seems like too much variation in these chips. but for me anything over 1350 requires too much voltage and the card throttles due to power limits set on it. You have to really find a sweet spot for OC with these cards.

Damn. Just lost that warm & fuzzy feeling about my $20 rebate from MSI.

Don't lose hope lol.

I didn't care so much the first time but the second one was enough for me. Most of the time the rebate is what made me buy the product, it seemed like a "deal" until you don't get your rebate.

Many of the comments about not receiving rebates are greatly exaggerated. In fact, I've never not received one and I do them often from many different vendors. The thing I don't like is when the money starts to dwindle due to service charges when you don't spent it right away.

Back