AMD 3D 120hz monitor options?

hammerforged

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm at a complete stand still as far as trying to find a 120hz 3D monitor that works with AMD 3D. I'm getting a new AMD card soon and my main goal is 120hz but I feel like if Im spending that much money I should be able to use the 3D as well. The obvious options are the samsung monitors but there arent any in stock :( Anyone know of some other options? Thanks

Question - My video card is an AMD Radeon HD 6770 which has a DVI-D & Display port v1.1, will this card be able to support 1080p@120Hz for both 2D & 3D?

I'm at a complete stand still as far as trying to find a 120hz 3D monitor that works with AMD 3D. I'm getting a new AMD card soon and my main goal is 120hz but I feel like if Im spending that much money I should be able to use the 3D as well. The obvious options are the samsung monitors but there arent any in stock :( Anyone know of some other options? Thanks

http://sites.amd.com/us/recommended/Pages/hd3d-panels.aspx
http://www.amd.com/US/PRODUCTS/TECHNOLOGIES/AMD-HD3D/Pages/3d-desktop-graphics.aspx

I guess the monitors listed there should work. I think it has to be a 3D monitor and support displayport to work. HDMI is limited to 24FPS @1080p.

Question - My video card is an AMD Radeon HD 6770 which has a DVI-D & Display port v1.1, will this card be able to support 1080p@120Hz for both 2D & 3D?

Yes, using a monitor with a displayport connector and using a displayport cable. On the AMD site it says Displayport 1.1 or 1.2... However, it also recommends 6950/6970 so I guess they haven't updated it lately, but I believe that should remain true.

Thanks for the response

So I was thinking of getting the Samsung S23A750 - with my AMD 6770 I should be able to connect via DP and get true 1080p@120Hz for both 2D & 3D gaming?

Just don't really see any other viable options.....

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks for the response

So I was thinking of getting the Samsung S23A750 - with my AMD 6770 I should be able to connect via DP and get true 1080p@120Hz for both 2D & 3D gaming?

Any ideas?

Thanks

There are not any other reallyg ood answers, there are not many DP port based monitors @120hz on the marker, and there are almost none that have both DP and HDMI 1.4/DVI-D, which will bite you if you are trying to do 120hz eyefinity.

Thanks for the response

Any ideas?

Thanks

Yes, you should be good as long as you use DP. HDMI on that monitor ( i have the 27in version) limits it down to 60Hz 1080p. :)

Back