AMD 270X 2GB vs 4GB - CAD

Mr. Baz

2[H]4U
I'm looking at building a new system. My current rig is over 5yrs old.

I no longer play games on the PC (well, minecraft occasionally). I don't feel like paying ridiculous prices for workstation cards at the moment. I know Solidworks and Inventor (and more) are really beginning to tap the power of 'gaming' cards.

Would the 2GB of memory make any difference? I know in a workstation card it would, but I'm not sure if a CAD program would load up a desktop card like it would a workstation card.

Also, anyone know of any good waterblocks that fit the 270X?

a NZXT G10 will though you need the liquid cooler to go along with it, 270x is basically a higher clocked 7870 would the extra 2gb matter, yes in some circumstances, no in others just depends on how you are using it, am quite sure if you are using the available memory then having more can help though not sure what it would matter outside of gaming or running high resolution multi-monitor, maybe for hashcracking? question in this, what is the cost difference between the specific ones you are looking at $10-$20 more I say go for it, $30-$40 more well that call only you can make :p

Workstation wise, AMD has some very good priced ones suppose it depends on if you work is important enough to demand the extra stability of one or not.

Depends on the level of cad work you are doing. In most cases no it won't go greater than 2gb.

Back