AMD 1100T DIY/Barebones $384.99

Rosewill power supply :(

Its a $385 entry level computer, a corner or two is going to have to be cut somewhere. Taking this combo and spending another $200 on a better power supply and graphics card would get a really nice budget gaming box. As it is its a great 2nd computer or a computer for the parents.

Its a $385 entry level computer, a corner or two is going to have to be cut somewhere. Taking this combo and spending another $200 on a better power supply and graphics card would get a really nice budget gaming box. As it is its a great 2nd computer or a computer for the parents.

That's the one corner that should never be cut.

Rosewill power supply :(

What was the last Rosewill product you used? They started on the low end, but honestly I have been very impressed with them as a budget/entry level supplier. Their power supplies are heavier and more reliable than apevia, diablo, etc.

I wouldn't run a crossfire setup on it, but if you read the reviews on newegg about Rosewill products, most of the problem reviews have manufacturer responses saying they will fix it. Of all the reviews I have read on newegg, Rosewill really stands out in that department.

Seeing how much I just typed makes me sound like a fanboy. But all I am saying is, on the entry level, I don't think Rosewill is a bad company. They are my go to brand for case/psu if someone wants a cheap home computer (either the rosewill 400/450w psu or the HEC 585w for ~$25ish).

But anyway, good find OP. This seems like a stellar deal for someone looking for a powerful home computer that will stay capable for several years.

But anyway, good find OP. This seems like a stellar deal for someone looking for a powerful home computer that will stay capable for several years.

It's an ok deal. You're basically getting a free 4gb flash drive and a crappy case/PSU combo, with the rest of the "savings" coming from overpaying on the RAM.

Not too bad a deal, but it's not crazy good. For a gaming budget box, I'd still get some sort of an Intel 2100 combo. Since this a BE you might have more potential if you OC, but you'd want to get a better PSU+Heatsink which means more $$$. At stock, the 2100 is comparable in gaming and does it more efficiently (less power, heat). Same thing for a relatives/parents box, I'd rather get an Intel or maybe an Athlon X4 because of the heat issues.

However, if you do a lot of encoding, or run heavily threaded apps, this true 6-core chip is hard to touch for value.

Back