AMD 11.10 preview driver (Battlefield 3 beta driver)

Curious about the enhancements added to CCC under GPU overdrive. Can somebody tell me what's added there?

I'll post that again since I didn't get any bites. Maybe it was overlooked over the last 2-3 pages. Anyhow the release says that it added enhancements in the overdrive options. What was added there and have you tried it etc..

Anyone who has the driver installed can check quickly and provide an answer. It would be appreciated.

Curious about the enhancements added to CCC under GPU overdrive. Can somebody tell me what's added there?

I'll post that again since I didn't get any bites. Maybe it was overlooked over the last 2-3 pages. Anyhow the release says that it added enhancements in the overdrive options. What was added there and have you tried it etc..

Anyone who has the driver installed can check quickly and provide an answer. It would be appreciated.

Theres a new UI. Besides that theres the 4 sliders to adjust your High Performance GPU clock settings, High Performance Memory clock settings, Fan control and Power settings. I think the "New" thing is the UI.

Theres a new UI. Besides that theres the 4 sliders to adjust your High Performance GPU clock settings, High Performance Memory clock settings, Fan control and Power settings. I think the "New" thing is the UI.

all of those sliders already were there in overdrive. I'm confused did they improve the way the sliders look? :confused:

Once again, an ATI driver update fucks up my entire system. Xfire and Overdrive tabs disappeared, when I tried to reinstall to fix I got system_service_Exception BSOD. Now when I reinstalll any version of ATI drivers - even after using Driver Cleaner - I get driver install failure due to install package failure.

Fuck this, I'm going NVIDIA.

You know at some point you'll run into the same issues running nV beta drivers right? It sucks when that stuff happens but the drivers are beta for a reason. Worst comes to worst just repair win7 or reinstall over it.

You know at some point you'll run into the same issues running nV beta drivers right? It sucks when that stuff happens but the drivers are beta for a reason. Worst comes to worst just repair win7 or reinstall over it.

I've had like 20 issues with AMD drivers in the last year. I've had maybe 5 with NVIDIA in the last 3 years prior to that.

all of those sliders already were there in overdrive. I'm confused did they improve the way the sliders look? :confused:

The sliders are slightly different, but no the UI thats new is theres this bar across the top that has a bunch of active icons. Like 2 gauges that move as your GPU clock and Memory clock underclock, or a thermometer that shows your GPU temp. Its nothing exciting, just new and looks cool.

I have to say as someone that has had Nvidia his whole life (first 8800GT, then SLI, then GTS 250), and has done lots of Nvidia GPU driver installs for multiple computers, i have never once had to know anything when i was green. I just went to Nvidia.com , auto scanned for new drivers, downloaded and installed. I honestly never knew anything more than that. Now that im red with my first AMD, i have had a driver issue or 2, i have been more worried about updates from the communities warnings, i have been WAY more confused because i have needed to know more. Thats a 2 edged sword though, on one hand it has those negatives, on the other, that means its deeper and has more customization which means you can tweak things to be better for you. For example someone posted saying their tabs are gone, their profiles are gone and crossfire tabs , and i have no clue what hes talking about.

I've had like 20 issues with AMD drivers in the last year. I've had maybe 5 with NVIDIA in the last 3 years prior to that.
I haven't ran a nV card since I sold my 8800GTX but for me its been about the same with my 4890's. For the most part they both work very well but you're flipping a coin when you run beta drivers. This has been known for years and years so you flipping out about it makes you come off as being silly to put it mildly.

All installed find, no missing overdrive and what have you. Mind you that's after my normal AMD driver install ritual (uninstall, driver cleaner, delete reg keys and AppData folder sub directories).

So.. any noticeable improvements for a single 5870?
Unless the release note are lying, I would say yes.

Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing, and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series for single GPU configurations

I played about 2 hours using the old drivers and had everything maxed with no AA, no ambient occlusion running at 6048x1200 and was averaging about 50fps and dipping into mid 30s with heavy effects. With these drivers I was hitting about 65-70fps average and 45fps under effects...unfortunately, ive noticed a shit ton more texture flicker with the new drivers. I dropped it down to single monitor resolution and that reduced it a little but its still quite a bit..unacceptable from a retail standpoint but being that this is a beta I can live with it.

In case your wondering...im now hitting 150-200fps now on a single monitor with EVERYTHING maxed lol.

Unless the release note are lying, I would say yes.

Improves performance.. but people have been having problems with the drivers itself as well.

Just how much of an improvement.. there's quite a few people here that have a 5870, I don't wanna risk getting broken drivers lol.

These drivers caused some odd video lag in the BF3 beta when around any type of smoke. Reverted back to 11.8, now BF3 runs fine. Nice BF3 driver AMD :p

Well it works on my 5870's, but I never bothered to check the performance level before hand. I'm running @ 60 on a single monitor with everything maxed. Eyefinity I haven't taken the time to mess around with yet.

I got two 6970's in crossfire and get massive texture flickering in outside areas w/ these drivers. Enabling/disabling crossfire doesn't matter. Can anyone else confirm?

I got two 6970's in crossfire and get massive texture flickering in outside areas w/ these drivers. Enabling/disabling crossfire doesn't matter. Can anyone else confirm?

Think I saw some instances of skybox flicker, but I've only spent about 10 minutes with the game before work this morning. Could use a cap I guess, also... beta ya'll.

Seems that you need the new caps that oughta be out today for that BF3 driver Evileye.

At least something like that was on the twitter of catalystcreator.

"CatalystCreator Andrew D
With the Catalyst 11.10 driver - don't install any existing CAP with it (upcoming CAP this week can be installed though)"

i can confirm this....i get some crazy ass rolling flicker/tear/line thing on the first outside area of the map when looking far into the distance. I also get really, really strange "video lag" in this game with 6950 crossfire...it's like heavy stuttering or something where the game can do 60+ frames but will drop to 40, speed up a bit, return to 60+ and then drop back down.

It's weird because I can do 60+ frames in an area for a good 30 seconds then it will just decide it doesn't want to push more than 40 and nothing has even changed. It's very hard to describe....overall very unsatisfied with the performance coming from my crossfire setup given the good performance reports from those with less or single card setups.

I am wondering if completely cleaning the drivers would help. I had the 11.9 previews on my machine and installed the 11.10s right on top of it.

i can confirm this....i get some crazy ass rolling flicker/tear/line thing on the first outside area of the map when looking far into the distance. I also get really, really strange "video lag" in this game with 6950 crossfire...it's like heavy stuttering or something where the game can do 60+ frames but will drop to 40, speed up a bit, return to 60+ and then drop back down.

It's weird because I can do 60+ frames in an area for a good 30 seconds then it will just decide it doesn't want to push more than 40 and nothing has even changed. It's very hard to describe....overall very unsatisfied with the performance coming from my crossfire setup given the good performance reports from those with less or single card setups.

I am wondering if completely cleaning the drivers would help. I had the 11.9 previews on my machine and installed the 11.10s right on top of it.

Beta....proper driver support from AMD/Nvidia isnt here yet...

If you are having issues, send AMD your problem and system information so they can track/fix it for the full driver set. The only way they can fix something that is broken is to know it's broken in the first place.

Running a 5770 in Win7x64, not a single problem with these drivers. Only ugly graphical effect that looks ugly or broke is when you swing the camera around when a round starts and you're locked into position.

1) Intel NIC and M-Audio soundcard, there's nothing Realtek on my system
2) PunkBuster despite being inactive dislikes Realtek drivers a lot, BF3 crashing confirmed
3) Game's installed on an SSD
4) System HD is fine, as is RAM, and the graphics card
5) There's no shitware clogging up my system
6) All games perform and behave just fine and neither do I have problems with AMD's drivers.

The problems are mostly not with the drivers, but peoples computers.
- The Other Inconvenient Truth

I just switched from the 11.8's and i have Zero gains in 6970 Tri-Fire, i do have much more Graphic corruption and flickering. Im getting really worried that this game is not goin to run with my setup properly, The alpha ran better then this im really confused.

I just switched from the 11.8's and i have Zero gains in 6970 Tri-Fire, i do have much more Graphic corruption and flickering. Im getting really worried that this game is not goin to run with my setup properly, The alpha ran better then this im really confused.

Make sure to uninstall the current caps. Use only the 11.10 driver. Also the performance improvements are only when you use NO Antialiasing or when you choose the AA in game option. It doesn't work if you force AA in the video driver. So make sure that you have that set to application controlled.

Can you do that with betas? I think you might just have to run the installer and hit custom - just installing the display driver.

Same.. outside flickering is really bad. I'm going to install the 11.9 and CAP11.8~4 out today and see if it goes away.

11.9 and new CAP flicker outside as well.. not as badly though.

You aren't suppossed to use CAP's with the betas nor with the 11.9's until they get out the 11.9 CAP's later this week. Well at least according to CatalystCreator.

Ok ill Remove my Caps then i guess wait for new ones. I really hate the idea of CAPS and which to install or un-install why cant they just make it one driver download. One thing by revoming the CAPS i wonder if its gonna FUBAR all my other games :( Not worth it for a Beta i guess.

Back