cageymaru

Fully [H]
Amazon has published a blog that details some of the deals that will be live for its Amazon’s Prime Early Access Sale.

Check out some of the top deals

Save 80% on the Amazon Fire TV Omni Series 55-inch 4K Smart TV with hands-free Alexa and save 70% on Hisense 50-inch U6 Series 4K Quantum Dot QLED Fire TV
Save up to 55% on select Echo devices and Fire tablet bundles
Save up to 50% on select headphones, earbuds, and speakers from Bose, Sony, and JBL
Save up to 50% on select electric toothbrushes from Oral-B and Philips Sonicare
Save up to 50% on select Hasbro toys
Save up to 45% on select vacuums from Shark and iRobot
Save up to 40% on select power tools from brands like BLACK+DECKER, BOSCH, DEWALT, and GEARWRENCH
Save 40% on select products from Keurig
Save up to 40% on select Ninja products
Save up to 40% on select Vitamix blenders
Save up to 40% on select Barbie dolls
Save up to 35% on select laptops and accessories from Acer, Asus, Dell, HP, Lenovo, and LG
Save 30% on select LEGO sets
Save up to 30% on select hair products from Drybar, Living Proof, Olaplex, and R+Co
Save 30% on select lip masks and balms from LANEIGE
Save up to 30% on select Solo Stove fire pits and accessories
Save 30% on Casper pillows and mattress toppers
Save up to 30% on select Orolay coats including vests, trench coats, and down jackets
Save up to 30% on top shoes and apparel styles from New Balance
Save 15% on the Peloton Bike with delivery available to select locations and up to 25% on select accessories and apparel

And the last Prime Day was in July? Then there's the Thanksgiving stuff, then Christmas, and maybe another Prime Day squeezed in between the two?

And the last Prime Day was in July? Then there's the Thanksgiving stuff, then Christmas, and maybe another Prime Day squeezed in between the two?
Right, just endless selling of mostly crap people do not need at prices that they still make profits off of!

If I am reading correctly and if there is any volume, a 70%-80% rebate on a television is just wild and could be quite amazing for people yet to have an entry level 4K tv.

Are we talking about a $105 USD for an 55 inch 4K smart TV ?

1665113011532.png

Will be keeping my eye out for a 65” QDOLED or OLED. Sometimes Amazon doesn’t have the best deals on “Prime Day/s” — but sometimes they seem to encourage other competitors to have their best sales on Prime Days.

Last edited:
Will be keeping my eye out for a 65” QDOLED or OLED. Sometimes Amazon doesn’t have the best deals on “Prime Day/a” — but sometimes they seem to encourage other competitors to have their best sales on Prime Days.
Yeah, I so want to get a a nice 55" OLED to replace my Panasonic Plasma. Hell the electricity savings might even pay fo it lol

Yeah, I so want to get a a nice 55" OLED to replace my Panasonic Plasma. Hell the electricity savings might even pay fo it lol
My 50" Panasonic plasma only uses about 180w according to a quick web search. That's about $105 per year if you have it on 8 hours per day at $0.20 per kwh.

My 50" Panasonic plasma only uses about 180w according to a quick web search. That's about $105 per year if you have it on 8 hours per day at $0.20 per kwh.
Plasma's largely depend upon what's on the screen to determine power levels if memory serves, so brighter/whiter scenes = more power consumed. That said, I'd hook a kill-a-watt meter up to it to see what the actual power draw is, although watching a tv 8 hours a day does seem a bit excessive (I say this as I'm in front of a computer screen probably close to 14 hours a day :D)

Yeah that was 'average' power consumption for the plasma. I wasn't trying to crap on the idea of getting a new set or anything but I don't think power savings paying for it is really a good reason, especially when you consider that the new set will use some amount of power (I have no idea how much maybe 50w) too (reducing the the savings down to about 130W). Having a new set that is 4K is good enough reason for me! :)

Yeah that was 'average' power consumption for the plasma. I wasn't trying to crap on the idea of getting a new set or anything but I don't think power savings paying for it is really a good reason, especially when you consider that the new set will use some amount of power (I have no idea how much maybe 50w) too (reducing the the savings down to about 130W). Having a new set that is 4K is good enough reason for me! :)
Yup, a year or two ago (sometime during the stay at home pandemic) I bought a 65" Samsung QLED tv, it was a cheap enough price as newer models were about to pop out and a big enough upgrade from my old 43" Panasonic LCD (that was maybe 12 years old(?) and had a permanent black line on one side of the screen, and yeah power draw was the least of my consideration, going from 1080p to 4k, and newer technology to make colors pop while being within a reasonable price I wanted to pay (LG OLEDs were just too expensive for my tastes) was the perfect solution. Looking at the specs it says the typical power draw is about 80 watts, and the max is about 170W, so whatever. It looks nice when I do watch it so money well spent.

Most stores have a glut of inventory left over from the pandemic. They're all trying to clear it out.

Many retailers have stocked up during the summer as they watched the supply chain issues limit their sales in previous years. So, some do have large inventories sitting because they planned way ahead for the holiday season.

Some may watch their inventory continue to sit as we see inflation continue to take its toll. Watch the job openings report for September. August was down ~10%. Recession concerns may prompt some to push sales on inventory to reduce costs and get tighter as we head into the new year. Good time to be a consumer.

That's probably a low average. A full white screen shows up at over 600w on my UPS with my 50" panny but less than 50w for a really dark scene.

I bought a couple knives that were on a nice sale - $7.50 and $20
a 42" OLED to replace my 2017 Alienware monitor (that I still really like) for $1000 - 10% card rebate for prime day
Perfect Planet UHD set for $20

Was watching for a TV deal for the living room on a 65" but didn't see anything worth biting on. Guess I wait for Black Friday at this point. Unless something shows up tomorrow. They have a Sony 80J OLED for $1000 at BestBuy and that's the best I've seen, but it's $2400 for the 65" (not on sale).

I bought a couple knives that were on a nice sale - $7.50 and $20
a 42" OLED to replace my 2017 Alienware monitor (that I still really like) for $1000 - 10% card rebate for prime day
Perfect Planet UHD set for $20

Was watching for a TV deal for the living room on a 65" but didn't see anything worth biting on. Guess I wait for Black Friday at this point. Unless something shows up tomorrow. They have a Sony 80J OLED for $1000 at BestBuy and that's the best I've seen, but it's $2400 for the 65" (not on sale).
A C2 for $999 with 10% back sure is tempting. I only get 6% back at Best Buy, but I can check for dead pixels right there in the store. Also, there's the whole how much less might it be for Black Friday concern...

That power rating must be with the screen very dim and some sort of eco mode running. My Samsung 60F8500 uses between 360-420 watts per the UPS's display.

Checked Amazon's current return policy and it says the holiday extended return period started today, so implicit price drop protection on an LG C2 is good to go.

Samsung 980 pro in the 2TB configuration for $190 plus 10% back in points is a good deal for a fast, durable PCIe gen 4 drive.

edit to add that the 55 inch Odyssey now comes with a $100 credit towards a future purchase on Amazon. Guess need to move out of the warehouse a bit faster.

I must. resist. this. 4TB Gen4 WD 850X for $399

https://www.amazon.com/WD_BLACK-SN850X-Internal-Gaming-Solid/dp/B0B7CQ2CHH/

It was $699.99 at launch on August 1, then dropped to $549.99, then $494.99 until today. Either this is the new price and Amazon is trying to pretend it's on sale, or it's actually on sale, but either way BestBuy and Newegg suddenly have it for the same price:

BestBuy: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-wd_black-sn850x-4tb-internal-ssd-pcie-gen-4-x4-nvme/6512129.p
Newegg: https://www.newegg.com/western-digital-4tb-black-sn850x-nvme/p/N82E16820250244

1665543076297.png

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Checked Amazon's current return policy and it says the holiday extended return period started today, so implicit price drop protection on an LG C2 is good to go.
It started Oct 1, and goes through Jan 31. But by policy they'll never do a post purchase price-adjust if it falls lower, so you'd have to buy another at the lower price and then return the old one + wait several weeks for them to process the inspect-return-refund due to it being high-value electronic.

That said, forget Black Friday was ever a thing, since it hasn't been for at least a decade. I'm not sure why the concept really exists anymore as a discussion point - "maybe BF will be cheaper". Some token things may go on token sale for BF, but guaranteed that one thing you actually want will not be.

Last edited:
That's what I meant by implicit price drop. I bought a bunch of pc parts last October, and when prices came down in mid-November / early-December certain items were rebought either from Amazon or Best Buy and returns initiated for the higher priced October purchases. Annoying? Yes. Worth saving over $200? Also yes.

TVs normally get a very major price drop in early November and almost every model will be at its absolute cheapest price for that calendar year. I've seen panels need to wait till June of the following year to be as cheap as they were in November.

Reactions: DPI
like this
If I am reading correctly and if there is any volume, a 70%-80% rebate on a television is just wild and could be quite amazing for people yet to have an entry level 4K tv.

Are we talking about a $105 USD for an 55 inch 4K smart TV ?
I'll need to see this to believe it lol

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back