Amazon XBOne Battlefield Offer

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
For a limited time, Amazon is running a bonus offer: Buy an Xbox One S 1TB Battlefield Console, Get an Amazon-Exclusive Collector’s Edition of $129 Value Free. Purchases must be shipped from and sold by Amazon.com. Offer expires at 11:59 PM PST on November 20, 2016.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Tempting.
If I actually had more time to play console games, I might pick one up.

But I already decided to spend my gaming time playing the new Pokémon game with the kids on my 3DSXL.

so wait... the collectors edition of BF1 doesnt include the game.... I must be missing something

Sounds top me like the "collectors edition" stuff listed is the stuff in addition to the regular game.

In any case, a video game with some trinkets included with special packaging doesn't make the game work $130 in the first place.

Maybe $10-$15 more than the regular edition.

Then again, there are people that will pay that much, so why not let the publishers fleece them for that much?

Does this mean I could buy this bundle, and use the game code with my PC? If so, that would be freaking awesome.

so wait... the collectors edition of BF1 doesnt include the game.... I must be missing something

Believe it means you are already getting the BF day one game code as part of the Xbox special edition itself , just not getting a second copy with the physical collector edition goods.

Also fairly sure that code is Xbox One only , couldn't use it on the PC.

Why did EA make the soldier a black man. Black men weren't terribly involved in WW1 in the typical fighting ranks for America. They had more of a role in WW2 right?

Is that soldier statue supposed to be European?

Last edited:
Why did EA make the soldier a black man. Black men weren't terribly involved in WW1 in the typical fighting ranks for America. They had more of a role in WW2 right?

Is that soldier starue supposed to be European?

Inclusiveness is more important than facts.

before the game came out I was looking at the editions, there were 2 collector editions, one for $129 with no game, and $189 with the game.

So, Xbox One S 1 TB + BF1 code + BF1 Collector DLC code

No thanks. Wonder if the Xbox One S sales are already starting to taper off or something.

So, Xbox One S 1 TB + BF1 code + BF1 Collector DLC code

No thanks. Wonder if the Xbox One S sales are already starting to taper off or something.

What gives you that idea? Black Friday is almost here so there's deals galore from all sides.

Or you could Google "Harlem Hellfighters"

Interesting. Those guys were awesome! However most blacks in WW1 were assigned to support roles. Blacks made up just over 5% of enlisted US soldiers and were typically segregated due to the lingering racism at the time. Blacks clearly showed valor, but in reality were still a small group in mostly non combat roles. I haven't played through the game campaign. Perhaps there is a section in the game referencing that character, but I've never in the past recognized WW1 to be something clearly tied to black men so it seems a bit weird to me absent that context. There is a WW1 museum here in Kansas City that is supposed to be the premier WW1 museum in the world. I've been there a couple times and don't remember there being any focus on skin color of the soldiers during the war. Anyway their game, they can do with it what they like.

I just bought this from HHGregg and it is to be delivered today, but there is no mention of no game as it says on Amazon. From HHGregg Website

"The Xbox One S Battlefield™ 1 Special Edition Bundle features a military green console with matching stand and controller, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, High Dynamic Range, and one month of EA Access. Includes a full game download of Battlefield™ 1 Early Enlister Deluxe Edition, the Hellfighter Pack, Red Baron Pack, Lawrence of Arabia Pack, a new visual appearance of the Behemoths, and five Battlepacks."

Same price. 349.99

I just bought this from HHGregg and it is to be delivered today, but there is no mention of no game as it says on Amazon. From HHGregg Website

"The Xbox One S Battlefield™ 1 Special Edition Bundle features a military green console with matching stand and controller, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, High Dynamic Range, and one month of EA Access. Includes a full game download of Battlefield™ 1 Early Enlister Deluxe Edition, the Hellfighter Pack, Red Baron Pack, Lawrence of Arabia Pack, a new visual appearance of the Behemoths, and five Battlepacks."

Same price. 349.99
The Amazon one comes with the Collectors Edition which features a Statue, map, cards, and other knick knacks.
It is a separate large box. You bought just the special edition console.

The $189 Collectors edition comes with the game,
https://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-...dp/B01GW8YNYM/ref=bdl_pop_ttl_B01GWB1UPO?th=1

This is the Collectors Edition with no game
bf1-collectors edition.jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
What gives you that idea? Black Friday is almost here so there's deals galore from all sides.

Yep and normally they plaster the sale all over the place and instead, this is just "we put this on sale for no reason". Although it doesn't look like much of a sale, considering it's the same price as other bundles.

Really the only thing that I'd guess is the sales have tapered off, since the PS4 Pro is here.

Back