Amazon Will Start Selling Apple TV and Chromecast Again

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Animosity appears to be thawing between the companies: Amazon has added five Apple TV and Chromecast devices to its online store, offering an olive branch to both Google and Apple. The gadgets aren't available for sale yet, but customers should expect they will be shortly.

The change may de-escalate mounting fights between Amazon and Google in particular, helping avoid further problems for consumers. Amazon is pushing deeper into Google's turf of online advertising and Google is moving into Amazon's territory of e-commerce and smart speakers, which seems to be causing tensions between the two companies.

Hopefully this means proper Youtube implementation comes to the Echo Show. I'd grown used to watching videos during my meal prep day in the kitchen.

Reactions: Rahh
like this
Now if only Amazon would write that check to Google to allow Echo to search google instead of DumpsterFire.com

But that would end the Google Home vs Amazon Echo game, so it'll never happen.

Let me know when Amazon Prime video can be used with Chromecast.

I expected the Apple concession, (Amazon's video app went live on Apple TV last week) I didn't expect Amazon to concede to Google- even though I think the Chromecast is vastly inferior to FireTV. They never sold me with the smartphone-is-your-remote dilly.

But I never thought that threatening to block YouTube from Amazon's ecosystem was a huge stick to begin with. Most people don't even use YouTube- apart from the viral stuff.

Let me know when Amazon Prime video can be used with Chromecast.

+1 Grand Tour in 4K on Chromecast Ultra. (i'm actually not sure why I want this so bad, but I do. I have one 4K display, my TV, and it has a Amazon Video app.)

But I never thought that threatening to block YouTube from Amazon's ecosystem was a huge stick to begin with. Most people don't even use YouTube- apart from the viral stuff.

I watch YouTube on a regular basis. Between live streams and regular content people I follow put up, it's probably the service I watch the most. There's some good stuff on there, you just need to find it.

Can you imagine if Amazon and Comcast got into a beef and Comcast just stopped directing traffic to their servers? Congrats guys, now it's possible!

I know Amazon announced their app for the Apple TV. It would only make sense to sell the device now. So, wonder if by selling ChromeCast if they are trying to make amends with Google. Who knows.

The change may de-escalate mounting fights between Amazon and Google in particular, helping avoid further problems for consumers. Amazon is pushing deeper into Google's turf of online advertising and Google is moving into Amazon's territory of e-commerce and smart speakers, which seems to be causing tensions between the two companies.

The 1/1/18 pop-up on the FireTV YouTube app is still in-effect. So maybe Google wants more, like selling the Google Home on Amazon too.

I watch YouTube on a regular basis. Between live streams and regular content people I follow put up, it's probably the service I watch the most. There's some good stuff on there, you just need to find it.

I know there's good stuff on YT and I do watch it every day. But for most, YT will be nothing more than a "curiosity visit" and not a permanent destination for quality content.

Back