Amazon To Start Restaurant Deliveries In London

HardOCP News

[H] News
What the?!? Why does London get all the cool stuff? We want restaurant delivery that is free for orders over $20 here in the U.S. too! Hell, you can't get free delivery on your pizza anymore. :(

Amazon said it would start delivering meals from restaurants direct to customers in some parts of London, the newest entrant to an increasingly competitive market which includes Just Eat, UberEats and Deliveroo. Amazon said in a statement on Wednesday that its "Amazon Restaurants" service would be available to subscribers of its Prime delivery scheme and that delivery would be free for orders over 15 pounds ($20).

We've had Amazon Restaurants in NYC for months. But living in NYC or London is a high price to pay for free food delivery. :)

While I think they could make better sandwiches for the money, Jimmy Johns gets business from me on a fairly regular basis for 2 reasons: Low minimum delivery order ($5) and no delivery fee beyond a tip (reasonable, and I'm comfortable making it low since my state doesn't have food service exceptions to the minimum wage).

I'd have delivered food more often without a delivery fee but, strangely, the fees keep going up even though gas prices have gone way down. It's almost like they were lying when they (all over the industry) hiked the prices because gas.

Back