Amazon to acquire Woot

I predict slightly more woot variety at much worse Woot prices.

Woot wanted to be aquired so bad I was almost embarrassed for it.

I agree. My prediction is this will play out like an unpopular cute girl who starts dating the high school quarterback. She'll slowly start changing her once quirkly, original image to fit in with the popular kids. Although she'll keep saying how her and her old friends "will always be besties", they'll see less and less of her and eventually she'll start ignoring them, then finally resent them. Woot will eventually get dumped having been left a hollow, ashamed shell of itself; a notch in Amazon's belt and damaged goods.

Edit: I did just get a great price on a vaccuum from them, so glad I got while the gettin' was good.

I haven't found anything good on woot for a long, long time. And I don't understand what Amazon would get out of this deal exactly. I mean, it's not like they're having problems in the consumer retail space.

Are they planning to make it into Amazon outlet or something like it?

Probably see it as a way to offload all the crap that people can't normally sell because the time and effort to sell a handful of a particular item is a pain. I mean how many of woots things get bought during woot offs simply because it's in the way of getting to the next item? I've seen a lot of things where you're asking yourself why would anyone want it and poof it's gone to be replaced by an item that sparks the same response.

Woot offs are kind of like auctions where there's a whole lot of stuff to get through and the auctioneer sells stuff so fast you're not real sure what you bought if you don't take a beat and think. You'll see people caught up i the frenzy of buying that they'll have 2 or 3 truck beds full of crap that'll cost em more to load and haul off than the few gems they got will make them when it's all said and done...but that SOLD! gives them such a high they come back the next time planning only to buy the gems...and doing it all over again.

Maybe they can get their shipping to under 3 weeks from date of purchase. :p

I like a few of the shirts they have. I've never purchased anything else from them. Amazon will probably be offloading some of the junk they can't sell to Wooters.

never wooted but I am an amazon credit card holder and a prime member. I hope some of my benefits offload to woot now.

I just hope they don't fucking Woot Shirts. Sometimes you get some awesome designs pop up.

Back