Amazon Summer Digital Deals 5/16 -5/31

Is Steam going to have a counter sale or should I just nab whatever I can here?

tempted to buy it but from reading the forums this thing is beyond hard and I just don't have the time to sit down and play it. it takes me months to beat a game that usually takes a regular player 5-8 hours lol
Same, but this is the first time I've seen the game go below the $10 threshold. Like you, it takes me weeks to beat most games.

Yeah, that "second line" in the post really was irrelevant. I was pretty surprised to see someone nitpicking what you included in your "highlights" list... thanks for posting the deal!
It's not irrelevant if it was meant to point out that I wasn't actually serious. Obviously it was ignored, which is why he or you didn't comprehend it's meaning.
Actually I did...

I choose to ignore since it was a flawed logic. What's the actual point of questioning someone's motives when you haven't even played A:CM and don't plan to?
Clearly didn't comprehend what was meant by it, as in I wasn't actually serious about it. There isn't any logic to it, just to show that that whole "rant" wasn't really a rant.

But whatever.... *WHOOSH*

tempted to buy it but from reading the forums this thing is beyond hard and I just don't have the time to sit down and play it. it takes me months to beat a game that usually takes a regular player 5-8 hours lol

It took me around 40, and that's having played the first half of Dark Souls on PS3 (and thus knowing all the strategies for the first half), and having beaten Demon's Souls. Obviously people can speedrun it in way less but for the average person it's a MASSIVE 50+ hour game.

Is Steam going to have a counter sale or should I just nab whatever I can here?

Most of these require Steam and come in the form of a Steam code anyway. ;)

I'm going to pick up Dark Souls before the end of the sale.

It took me around 40, and that's having played the first half of Dark Souls on PS3 (and thus knowing all the strategies for the first half), and having beaten Demon's Souls. Obviously people can speedrun it in way less but for the average person it's a MASSIVE 50+ hour game.

I ended up buying it and was dead within 5 minutes of the game starting lol

It's not irrelevant if it was meant to point out that I wasn't actually serious. Obviously it was ignored, which is why he or you didn't comprehend it's meaning.

Clearly didn't comprehend what was meant by it, as in I wasn't actually serious about it. There isn't any logic to it, just to show that that whole "rant" wasn't really a rant.

But whatever.... *WHOOSH*

Poor guy....you're so misunderstood since no one is able to "comprehend" your shell statements. Are you going to add anything of value to the conversation or are you going to keep talking in circles?

Maybe we should start a thread, see who dies the fastest? :D

I strongly suggest anyone buying this get DSfix.
Before/after comparison shots here.

Yeah, the developer of the PC port should hire the guy that put DSfix together. The game is completely unplayable without it IMO.
That being said I suck at the game as well, I've lost count of my ragequits and should probably just uninstall as I feel my blood pressure going through the roof...

In for Dark Souls and The Cave. What happened to the Borderlands bundle that was originally on the site? Now neither BL is on sale, except for the first one as part of the action bundle.

huh? i still see it.

huh? i still see it.
Link please. The only bundle with BL is the Action Bundle w/ BL, DN, and Darkness II. At the beginning of the sale, there was a BL / BL2 bundle, but it wasn't priced and was immediately removed.

Was hoping for a deal on MW3, I wanted to try that game...on the cheap. :p

I would say no since Steam holiday deals beat the pants off Amazon but hey to each their own. ;)

I would say just the opposite, amazon has been beating that pants off of steam sales the past year or so. The holiday sale was VERY disappointing as most games were cheaper on amazon or other sites.

$20 for both games is a great deal I think.

BL1 GOTY is $7.49 on steam now and has been cheaper on a holiday sale. When BL2 goes GOTY you can expect it to be on sale for around the same during a holiday sale so no $20 isn't really a "great" deal. It's a luke warm deal at best but to each their own.

BL1 GOTY is $7.49 on steam now and has been cheaper on a holiday sale. When BL2 goes GOTY you can expect it to be on sale for around the same during a holiday sale so no $20 isn't really a "great" deal. It's a luke warm deal at best but to each their own.

You're comparing right now prices to possible prices in the future. If you want to do that then none of the games here are a good deal because in five years they'll all be cheaper.

Yeah, the developer of the PC port should hire the guy that put DSfix together. The game is completely unplayable without it IMO.
That being said I suck at the game as well, I've lost count of my ragequits and should probably just uninstall as I feel my blood pressure going through the roof...

Yeah Dark Souls at stock is probably the worst PC port I've ever seen (although it's also the best console game this generation IMO).

Anyone seen Dead Island: Riptide lower or the same? Still 10 days out according to the list. I know green man has it for like $32 after coupon.

So far I'm in for $15. I highly recommend Sacred 2 Gold for $5, great hack 'n slash without any DRM restrictions, however if Steam is your thing the Amazon rep is trying to get activation keys from Deep Silver.

Fable Bundle w/ DLC -$10
Sacred 2 Gold - $5

Damage so far:

Mass Effect 3 DDE for my brother- $8.99
F.E.A.R Ultimate Pack- $9.99
Sega Fun Pack- $9.99

Sacred 2 Gold is a steal for $5! Great co-op game for Titan Quest fans.

I would say just the opposite, amazon has been beating that pants off of steam sales the past year or so. The holiday sale was VERY disappointing as most games were cheaper on amazon or other sites.

I agree, it's been awhile since I've bought a game directly through Steam now...

Your gonna love F.e.a.r.! So freaking good.

I've played the first two and the first expansion for the original before. Just wanted Steam copies since I lost my physical copy of the original and played 2 on a friend's account.

I got Hitman Absolution for $5. I did not think paying almost twice that for the pro edition was worth it. I instituted a new principle because of my huge backlog of games; I do not buy a game unless it is <= $5. It is unlikely that I will play Hitman until I build my new rig with Haswell and Maxwell next year but I get satisfaction looking at its steam icon in my library. I guess I have become a game collector rather than a gamer! :D

I got Hitman Absolution for $5. I did not think paying almost twice that for the pro edition was worth it. I instituted a new principle because of my huge backlog of games; I do not buy a game unless it is <= $5. It is unlikely that I will play Hitman until I build my new rig with Haswell and Maxwell next year but I get satisfaction looking at its steam icon in my library. I guess I have become a game collector rather than a gamer! :D

http://steamcommunity.com/id/techanalyst

Back