Amazon Shipping Has Gotten Slower For Non-Prime Members

eh.... don't want to pay for prime, then don't fucking complain about slow packages, if you're getting free shipping for spending $35 or more, you're still getting free shipping, it just you are not a priority. Want to be a priority? Pay for prime.

I think the point is to not reward companies for shitty behaviour. I shouldn't have to pay extra to get the service I used to get.

More shitty is the items reserved for prime members.. I was looking for 0w motor oil and they have some brands blocked.. Guess what I can pick it up or order it at Walmart for the same magical prime price.

Between poor packaging (three dead dvd burners in a row because of zero padding doomed them in my eyes) and decreasingly competitive PC hardware pricing, I ditched Prime last year and haven't thought twice about it. I spent $5,000+ per year on Amazon in 2012, 2013, & 2014; last year was about a grand and this year I doubt it'll be more than a couple hundred.

I have prime and I will never get rid of it. Ordered some stuff on Friday, it is being delivered today (Sunday) can't beat that. I have no issue with them slowing shipping down for non prime folks. If you want the best service, you gotta pay to play. As with any business, you focus on the people making you money, prime members pay extra for special, exclusive service and should be afforded the benefits of paying for it. If the rest of the freeloaders don't like it, then they can move on else where. In fact I support amazon so much that both people in my household have their own prime membership and will continue to.

I've noticed a few items so far that are for prime members only. Hope this is not a trend.

I think the point is to not reward companies for shitty behaviour. I shouldn't have to pay extra to get the service I used to get.

This is not bad behavior on Amazon. You're entitlement attitude is the problem with society. Amazon is entitled to make profit and to reduce the cost of doing business, yet you bash them for that??? As a start up, Amazon bad to offer incentives to get people to buy items from the scary interwebs. Now that it is main stream, amazon needs to recoup the costs of starting the business and they have every right to do so. They could have just started charging everyone for shipping, but they decided to offer a new service, prime, which has addition benefits of streaming, etc and keeps the two day free shipping, but costs a fee to be a member of. If you don't like the fee, don't pay it, but don't expect the same level of service that someone who pays, gets.

I've only had Prime since this summer but it's been great for us. I use the video/music streaming quite a bit and it's great to get our packages quickly. I will admit I probably buy more now than I used to with free shipping but I also buy locally since Amazon charges sales tax for most items. Unless it's much cheaper than buying locally it makes sense to buy some things local.

This is not bad behavior on Amazon. You're entitlement attitude is the problem with society. Amazon is entitled to make profit and to reduce the cost of doing business, yet you bash them for that??? As a start up, Amazon bad to offer incentives to get people to buy items from the scary interwebs. Now that it is main stream, amazon needs to recoup the costs of starting the business and they have every right to do so. They could have just started charging everyone for shipping, but they decided to offer a new service, prime, which has addition benefits of streaming, etc and keeps the two day free shipping, but costs a fee to be a member of. If you don't like the fee, don't pay it, but don't expect the same level of service that someone who pays, gets.

Heh. Entitlement.

Go to your favourite diner for 10 years. Recommend them. Support them even when times were tough. Loyal customer.

Suddenly despite all that... you have to wait an extra 30 minutes before they take your order just because. Unless, of course. You pay extra to be a Prime Diner customer. Then they start taking your order immediately like they used to.

Expecting the same level of service you used to get without being forced to pay extra for it is not 'entitlement.'

It's recognizing corporate fleecing for what it really is.

What\'s next? Prime customers get free packaging materials? Gotta pay to make sure the package is actually in a box and not in a paper envelope?

Heh. Entitlement.

Go to your favourite diner for 10 years. Recommend them. Support them even when times were tough. Loyal customer.

Suddenly despite all that... you have to wait an extra 30 minutes before they take your order just because. Unless, of course. You pay extra to be a Prime Diner customer. Then they start taking your order immediately like they used to.

Expecting the same level of service you used to get without being forced to pay extra for it is not 'entitlement.'

It's recognizing corporate fleecing for what it really is.

What\'s next? Prime customers get free packaging materials? Gotta pay to make sure the package is actually in a box and not in a paper envelope?

This is exactly what I was going to post. :cool:

I pretty much gave up on Amazon after last black Friday. It was too close to Christmas by the time they shipped some of my order. I can order elsewhere for the same prices and they will ship in a day or two.

Even my Prime shipments are taking longer. I use to call them up and complain for a $5 credit, but it's becoming a regular occurrence and not worth my time anymore. What baffles me is sometimes I will order a smaller item with prime shipping and it doesn't get shipped for 2 days. When it finally ships, they send it overnight as if they were trying to make a deadline. I can't imagine they are making much money doing this as the items aren't typically expensive.

Noticed this from my last order with them. Recently ordered some stuff on a Saturday, was shipped the following Wednesday then finally delivered on Friday. For being a non-Prime member that's not too bad. Last year I had several orders leading up to Christmas and those were shipped and delivered within 2 to 3 days. Some orders had wrong delivery dates but I'm not complaining because I got them quicker than expected. :)

I have prime and I will never get rid of it. Ordered some stuff on Friday, it is being delivered today (Sunday) can't beat that. I have no issue with them slowing shipping down for non prime folks. If you want the best service, you gotta pay to play. As with any business, you focus on the people making you money, prime members pay extra for special, exclusive service and should be afforded the benefits of paying for it. If the rest of the freeloaders don't like it, then they can move on else where. In fact I support amazon so much that both people in my household have their own prime membership and will continue to.

I agree, but they need to have a Ultra prime for 300. People who get prime will get there stuff in in 2 days, but will now have a $35.00 min order, while non-prime customers will have to order at least 50 and it will take 3-5 days after they ship it, which will take an additional 2-5 days.

Everything I order in the Central Florida area is on time or early. Free or no rush shipping usually takes quite a bit longer and I think it's so they can combine your other purchases into one shipment if you place another order.

I'm in central florida and find that to not be true. If it's coming from a FL warehouse I will get it in a day or two depending on the time of day I place the order. If it's coming from outside of FL which the majority of stuff I order seems to come from I usually get it in 2 days but recently it's been coming a day late.

eqyowl.png

I have prime and almost never get my package in 2 days. it's mostly 3-4days

when your not in the first 48, prime shipping is just as bad as non-prime shipping, and its getting worse and worse.

Hmm, been happy enough with Prime in Texas to renew for another year. Almost all our orders make it in 2 days, unless of place the order on Sunday, when it shows up on Wednesday. Of course it is hard to check because most of the things my wife orders, she chooses the "no rush" option to get the extra $1 for kindle purchases.

I'm in central florida and find that to not be true. If it's coming from a FL warehouse I will get it in a day or two depending on the time of day I place the order. If it's coming from outside of FL which the majority of stuff I order seems to come from I usually get it in 2 days but recently it's been coming a day late.

Amazon built warehouses out here in Southern California a couple years ago, and all it did was slow down the shipping time.

When I select free shipping, it usually takes around a week before it ships. Once it finally ships it is usually delivered the next day. However, when I order something off Amazon, but it is sold and shipped by a 3rd party, they usually ship it in 1 to 2 days, even if it's free shipping.

With the slowdown in shipping times, and the higher amount for free shipping (raise a couple years ago), I've started looking elsewhere.

Just a couple weeks ago, ppl were saying how much better the prices were on Amazon over Newegg. Well, last week ordered an HGST 4 TB hdd after comparing different sites. I ordered from Newegg.

Companies have always penalized cheap/free shipping levels. I would track stuff from Newegg. It would be in the local UPS center in 2 days and I wouldn't see it for 7 more.

If anything I've noticed Amazon Prime 2-day is actually living up to the 2-day promise lately. 2-day Prime was stretching it. They would take your order today, ship it tomorrow and that is when the clock starts. It would get there is 2-3 days unless a weekend or holiday was in there, then add those in. Now I'm ordering stuff Wednesday and getting it Friday. Its be a long time since that happened regularly. Lately it is happening.

Before I figured out use my wife's prime shipping with my account I got her some books for Christmas. Ordered them directly from Amazon on the morning of Dec 11th and used their free shipping (again not prime), took them until December 16 to even ship them, then took all the way to the 22nd to receive it. These were all in the same wearhouse too, there was no need for them to wait 5 days to even ship my items. Since I have been using prime I have not encountered this issue.

Bingo. We've seen this happen as well. The shipping doesn't take any longer, but they'll sit on the order for several days before shipping it.

Prime used to be the best thing since sliced bread.. would get things actually in 2 days or less.. now 90% of my orders get passed off to USPS (which happens to suck in my area). Had 3 packages (after being delayed for handoff) show delivered even though no note or package was left. It's hard trying to explain why packages say delivered but not delivered. Can't call USPS because they suck, can't call UPS because they handed it off to USPS, Amazon usually takes care of it but don't want them to close my account because my local USPS mail route sucks. (which is the reason I loved when they used UPS) To make matters worse.. seemed to all happen around the time they raised the rates to $100/yr.

for me.. Prime is just meh now. I set an alert to cancel before my reup. The Prime honeymoon is over for me most likely.

Prime used to be the best thing since sliced bread.. would get things actually in 2 days or less.. now 90% of my orders get passed off to USPS (which happens to suck in my area). Had 3 packages (after being delayed for handoff) show delivered even though no note or package was left. It's hard trying to explain why packages say delivered but not delivered. Can't call USPS because they suck, can't call UPS because they handed it off to USPS, Amazon usually takes care of it but don't want them to close my account because my local USPS mail route sucks. (which is the reason I loved when they used UPS) To make matters worse.. seemed to all happen around the time they raised the rates to $100/yr.

for me.. Prime is just meh now. I set an alert to cancel before my reup. The Prime honeymoon is over for me most likely.

I've never had a prime package that hands of to USPS. Iv'e had packages shipped via USPS (because USPS Priority is generally 2 day shipping...sometimes less), but I believe the only packages I've had that were late were shipped via UPS, and I believe the issue was Amazon not shipping the day I ordered it).

I just hate that Newegg and Amazon have started handing off their packages to USPS as the final step.

I kind of like USPS. On Saturday, I ordered a 6.5" speaker from Ebay to replace a rotted one in my 18 year old computer speakers. Damn thing already showed up today via 2-day Priority Mail.

Probably have placed 30+ prime orders in the last 4 months. None of them have been late, even the ones where they sent me notice that they were going to be late because of a storm or something showed up on time.

This is the first time I've seen major complaints about prime. Most people I talk to rave about the amazon CS and even when there is an issue amazon seems to go overboard in keeping the customer happy.

UPS on the other hand is horrible. They seemed to have stopped leaving slips saying you have something. Thankfully my apartment complex is good about letting us know when a package has arrived. USPS this past year seems to have really gotten a lot better. Much rather deal with them than UPS.

Gotta pay the prime tax if you want things fast. I noticed that not only is the shipping slow, they take forever to actually ship. I bought slippers, a fulfilled by amazon item, took 1 week from order to ship date.

I've never had a prime package that hands of to USPS. Iv'e had packages shipped via USPS (because USPS Priority is generally 2 day shipping...sometimes less), but I believe the only packages I've had that were late were shipped via UPS, and I believe the issue was Amazon not shipping the day I ordered it).

My packages almost always go from UPS to USPS.

i orderd a box of 48 snicker bars and 12 bags of hot sauce sunflower seeds, thursday and it had not shipped yet by saturday night / sunday morning so i ended up canceling the order, re ordering it with the free month of prime since i wanted to add the new star wars movie to get free shipping on that when it released lol

The snacks pretty much shipped instantly and will be here today.

Tho for the most part amazon's shipping does not bother me for non prime, i really only redid my order because i saw Star wars up for pre order and i did not feel like bundling it with something else to get it up to free shipping and i usually don't buy actual movie discs any more so i did not want to pay the $1.25 for normal slow shipping or even more for 2 day, as that is a movie i would want release day. so it made sense for me to just cancel my snack order and bundle it all and just use the free prime trial.

i orderd a box of 48 snicker bars...
I'm now picturing you as Cartman, peddling this to kids at Fat Camp:
Wildace: Hey Chad, do you know what you need? You need a friend.

Chad: I do?

Wildace: Yes a chocolate friend. Mr. Candybar doesn't judge you Chad, Mr. Candybar likes you just the way you are. Look how yummy and sweet he is.

(Chad, still crying, takes the offered candy bar.)

Wildace: There you go, that'll just be four dollars.

(Chad, who is still crying, pays Cartman and begins to eat)

Wildace: There you go.

My packages almost always go from UPS to USPS.

Prime packages or regular shipping? Regular shipping I get. That's a common way to do budget shipping, but for me, Prime is always UPS 2nd Day or USPS Priority

Quit paying for Prime after something like 4+ years. Started noticing that even clicking the "Prime shipping" on the side meant it would only take 2 days once it left the warehouse, which started taking longer and longer. If I actually wanted something in 2-3 business days, I would have to add and remove multiple items from a cart to see if the vendor or Amazon would actually get it to me in that time frame.

Then, using regular Amazon for the first time in years, they've got the most expensive shipping I've seen on any major site. I wanted to order an Asus router and 2 toiletry items, and they wanted ~$20+ in shipping if I remember correctly.

Definitely going downhill; as with others, I used to spend several thousand a year there, and this year it's looking like it will be a very small fraction of that. Hey, maybe they did me a favor. ;)

I have never been without prime since it began. I buy everything from Amazon at lower prices than local stores ... deodorant, toothpaste, snacks, drinks, all the household goods, etc. and think it's great I don't have to go out in traffic..
Spot on. This mirrors my feelings toward Prime, although this sentiment may mean more to those in big cities. Traffic is such a buzz kill.

About all I have to complain about w/Prime is having received the wrong item a few times in total - since 2007. They've performed remarkably for me, and I'm happy to pay the yearly subscription.

Returns are another big win for Prime customers, imo. More often than not return shipping is paid for, and a new item is sent with next-day shipping. My Prime service has been some of the fastest, friendliest that I've experienced to date.

I just hate that Newegg and Amazon have started handing off their packages to USPS as the final step.
I understand this is anecdotal, but in my case I'd prefer USPS deliver all my packages.

Mostly b/c FedEx and UPS will leave a package at my door, and sometimes not even knock or ring my door bell. That makes it subject to theft. USPS, on the other hand, leaves my packages in lock boxes accessible any time. That means a lot after having some packages stolen over the years.

Plus, my packages tend to show show up in better condition when delivered by USPS, and I can recall a handful of times when I was informed of a FedEx or UPS package delivery by hearing the box slam on my front porch.

I'm beginning to wonder if people are just clicking the buy it now without checking to see who they are buying from. I bought a pair of boots for my wife one time and didn't notice they weren't prime. 4 days later I call and they tell me because I ordered from another vendor that wasn't Prime certified.

I checked my order and sure enough it was a third party. Cancelled reordered with Prime shipping and they were there a day later.

They're shipping has definitely slowed to a crawl. Free shipping sometimes takes a week or more just to box up and ship. Pitiful. I look at alternatives if I have any kind of urgency for an item.

Back