Amazon’s Giftwrapping Leaves a Bit to Be Desired

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Amazon is a fantastic outfit and their prices, service and shipping are hard to beat. That excellence unfortunately doesn’t always extend to their holiday gift wrapping as one customer humorously discovered. Oh well, everyone has an off day, even Amazon. :D

I usually just buy gift bags and stuff tissue paper over the gift. I haven't wrapped a gift in ages.

Looks like someone tried to wrap an item in paper instead of finding the right size gift box to put it in.
Either in a hurry because it was break time/lunch time/end of shift, or they were out of the correct supplies and the department was doing one of their "power hours" where the highest performing worker in the area gets a prize.

Showed this to my wife and received the response,"So, now you know what my second job is!"

*Unamused* This had better not happen to the console games I got for my family... I guess we'll see in few days.

Amazon's delivery people managed to deliver stuff early this week. But they managed to to deliver it to the wrong house (they got at least one digit right...just missed off the hundreds...) and leave it with some people down there. Problem is this street is really long, and that end is very... "wrong side of the tracks" ish. :D

To be fair, that looks like an oddball package, and was probably not fun to wrap... That being said, could have been a much better job.

To be fair, that looks like an oddball package, and was probably not fun to wrap... That being said, could have been a much better job.

Paying extra to get "oddball packages" wrapped properly is the point.

I've had 6 packages come in from them gift-wrapped so far, and all have been fine.

I think it's a bit expensive, but...

I usually just buy gift bags and stuff tissue paper over the gift. I haven't wrapped a gift in ages.
I just use that free brown wrapping paper they so generously send in the box with the stuff I order. No, I'm not joking, and I can think of all sorts of BS PC words to justify it if I have to. :p

disgruntled worker maybe? :D , well on the serious note I had before packaged 3 items for gift wrap on amazon, 2 of those were done perfectly, the third was almost same as the one on the pictures (and FYI these are books). not sure what happened back there,lol

*Unamused* This had better not happen to the console games I got for my family... I guess we'll see in few days.

Heaven forbid the following year you may be forced to wrap your own presents.

At least they tried. Im sure with all the holiday orders they get tired of wrapping peoples shit.

At least they tried. Im sure with all the holiday orders they get tired of wrapping peoples shit.

I wonder what item distribution is for wrapping? I but it's something like 40% kids toys, 40% random household gifts, and 20% vibrators and dildos.

I'm a pretty bad rapper and an even worse wrapper, but I think even I could do a better job than whoever wrapped that!

I would bet that this is a time constraint issue. Maybe amazon needs to hire more gift wrappers. Th workers are probably held accountable for how many packages they wrap during their shift. If said wrapper gets a difficult package and it takes longer than average they will have to make up for it smewhere. Is it right for a worker to send this out, not at all. But during th holiday rush there is probably a lot more to this story. Besides where are the qc managers? Shouldn't there be a handful of people checking every wrap job and making sure crap like this doesn't get out? Or is that too much if an expense? I wonder how many gift wrapping orders this story cost them vs having a handful if wrap qc people would.

Maybe it was a disgruntled employee who wanted to make a lasting impression of Amazon before he quit. :D

You know how you wrap oddball packages? Put it in a box (I'm sure Amazon has a few laying around...) and then wrap that.

Back