Amazon Restaurants - $20 Credit - YMMV

• Thread starter Deleted member 278999
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 278999

Got an email from Amazon for their new Amazon Restaurants. Per the email you get $20 towards an order of food with the coupon code "VIDEO20". We got some great food nearly for free and had a movie date night at home.

As for the service, 10/10 hands down. The delivery fee was a little bit much, I think $7 or $10, but the tip is baked in since the driver is paid hourly, per delivery or something. It was a much better experience than getting delivery from a restaurant to be quite honest. The driver was extremely professional, the food was piping hot, the driver didn't ask or wait around for a tip awkwardly. It was literally; Decide, Confirm, 30 minutes, Text 1 minute out then Ding Dong, "Hi, here's the food that you ordered", Me: 'umm, do I need to sign anything?', "Nope! Have a great evening!". I was downright impressed. If I were lazier and didn't have better things to spend money on I'd order through them more often.

The email said that the promotional code was one time use, but I imagine that such a generic code can apply to any account once.

Good luck!

So it's like grubhub? They're pretty convenient I admit.

Although I don't get the "tip awkwardness" people always cite. The hassle of needing cash, yes that I do not miss. But what's awkward about tipping someone?

Man, was hoping this was in our area but not yet. Thanks for the heads up.

So it's like grubhub? They're pretty convenient I admit.

Although I don't get the "tip awkwardness" people always cite. The hassle of needing cash, yes that I do not miss. But what's awkward about tipping someone?

Sorta. Wouldn't even surprise be if grubhub, orderout, etc all used the same drivers. Heck, I just got a notice in the mail that Uber now delivers to our neighborhood. I guess they need something to do when they're not making bad press.

As for tipping, I've had some super pushy pizza delivery guys in the past. I don't mind a reasonable tip, but tacking on delivery fees cut into my tipping drivers significantly. I used to tip 30%, now I tip 10% with the rise of $5-$10 delivery fees. And my tip varies on how fast it gets there, if it's hot, etc. By pushy I'm talking about drivers who show up an hour to two late past the delivery estimate with lukewarm food poisoning. Fuck those guys. You're not getting a dime.

Back