Amazon Responds To New York Times Article

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like the kid gloves are off. Amazon is fighting back against that extremely negative article the New York Times ran about the company last month.

Here’s what the story didn’t tell you about Mr. Olson: his brief tenure at Amazon ended after an investigation revealed he had attempted to defraud vendors and conceal it by falsifying business records. When confronted with the evidence, he admitted it and resigned immediately.

Ruh-roh...

In other breaking news: Media outlet has once again sensationalized an otherwise every day occurrence at nearly every business in the world...

I read the article in question and it did nothing to shed a positive light on Amazon in any way. Wow, that's pretty fkd up on NYT's part. For the most part I thought the NYT was being honest until this article was posted. Can't trust the media.

Ruh-roh...

In other breaking news: Media outlet has once again sensationalized an otherwise every day occurrence at nearly every business in the world...

ok, so why do people complain about human rights violations in china if it's an otherwise every day occurrence in pretty much most countries (by number) in the world (including the U.S., see guantanamo)? it could be that no news coverage of it would lead to no change at all.

I read the article in question and it did nothing to shed a positive light on Amazon in any way. Wow, that's pretty fkd up on NYT's part. For the most part I thought the NYT was being honest until this article was posted. Can't trust the media.

seems there jobs these days is just to make the largest ripple in the lake they can, take a look at Fox and CNN these days lol

It would mean more to me if it weren't freakin' Jay Carney.

Yes, you can certainly trust a (former) White House press secretary. I'm pretty sure their job description is, "Be able to spin any negative media against the issuer of the media."

They interviewed what, 100+ people?

Anyone qualified to be a WH press secretary knows how to deflect and dodge at least as well as any good reporter. That said... It sure seems the media is out for sensationalism far more than the truth lately (meaning the last 10 years). How long did Rolling Stone magazine 'research' their story on the Univ. of Virginia rape allegations without checking even once to see if that woman was telling the truth?

Back