Amazon reminds me of why I am their customer...

Zangmonkey

Supreme [H]ardness
So I was doing some electrical for my place and I needed some of the fancy Lutron Maestro dimmers...

I ordered 10 devices and because I wanted to get this done over the weekend I pay for saturday delivery.

So on my $300 order I happily paid $90 in shipping charges.
When the box got here on Saturday one of the items was wrong.

As a result, I couldn't do the install (because installing 9-of-10 doesn't make a complete job)... and the whole point of Saturday delivery was nil.

So briefly chatting with the Amazon CSR today and they are refunding my entire $90 shipping charge.
I'm just really happy with Amazon right now and I figured I'd share my story with you guys.

3vl2.jpg

nice! but why 90 dollars shipping? i thought above 25 is free shipping?

OP,
While I am glad you are getting the shipping money back, I don't understand why you think this is something that wouldn't normally happen anyway, given the fact that the item you ordered was not included? Did you assume they were only going to credit the shipping for the single item they shipped you by mistake? I'm just trying to figure this out..:confused:

OP,
While I am glad you are getting the shipping money back, I don't understand why you think this is something that wouldn't normally happen anyway, given the fact that the item you ordered was not included? Did you assume they were only going to credit the shipping for the single item they shipped you by mistake? I'm just trying to figure this out..:confused:

At this point it's rare to see companies acting like this. Most would simply say sorry and basically brush you off.

OP,

Saturday overnight is quoted per item, and the invoice shows 8.99 x 10.
Since only one of the items was in error, I expected them to pay return shipping on that item and to overnight me the replacement. I did not expect to be credited *all* of the shipping, even for the nine items I was keeping.

I am guessing that amazon lost money on this sale now because it does cost them extra to have Saturday delivery. But they will make it up as I will buy much more from them.

I would expect any vendor to refund the shipping for the one item. Amazon went beyond my expectations.

I had ordered a Galaxy Nexus from an Amazon seller (fulfilled by Amazon) back in December, when it was $650. In July, it started acting up, bad charging port. Samsung was refusing to honor the international warranty, so I called Amazon. They ended up giving me almost a full refund on the item, I believe 85%. This was 7 months later! Amazon has my business from now on.

I love Amazon too!

Love them so much that I once returned a package which they claimed was lost in transit and refunded my money :D

I just wish they improved their price matching requests, and offered a membership for just the shipping benefits like Prime Student. I have no use for instant videos.

Amazon is almost my exclusive one stop shopping center. I've had amazon refund me on tons of stuff that they shouldn't have but I also buy shit tons more stuff because of it.

Amazon is almost my exclusive one stop shopping center. I've had amazon refund me on tons of stuff that they shouldn't have but I also buy shit tons more stuff because of it.

Agreed.

Not sure if you guys have noticed this before, but I've noticed if you put an item in your cart (logged in, of course) and then don't purchase it for a few days the price will drop. Now it could just be a coincidence and you just happen to look at it in the cart at a lower price, or it could be automatic.

I saved $40 on a spin bike before, thought it was just a coincidence. But I left things in my cart a few days back and everyone of them is slightly cheaper. One $5 item is now $3.50, the other $35 item is now $29.

If it's automatic, it's an interesting tactic.

Amazon realizes loyalty is worth spending money on. I can't even remember my last Newegg purchase. In fact, I'm getting close to deleting my Newegg bookmark.

Agreed.

Not sure if you guys have noticed this before, but I've noticed if you put an item in your cart (logged in, of course) and then don't purchase it for a few days the price will drop. Now it could just be a coincidence and you just happen to look at it in the cart at a lower price, or it could be automatic.

I saved $40 on a spin bike before, thought it was just a coincidence. But I left things in my cart a few days back and everyone of them is slightly cheaper. One $5 item is now $3.50, the other $35 item is now $29.

If it's automatic, it's an interesting tactic.

It doesn't drop because it's in your cart, it's just the pricing adjustments that Amazon does all the time. I was curious a while back and did a test with items in cart and without items in cart. Checked using two different price tracker sites and the pricing was bouncing around regardless. Amazon really likes to dynamically price items :p

Amazon realizes loyalty is worth spending money on. I can't even remember my last Newegg purchase. In fact, I'm getting close to deleting my Newegg bookmark.

Unfortunately, it bit them in the butt and they lost a lot of money. I think that's why they started doing add-on items so they don't have to spend all that money shipping <$5 orders.

Amazon is great, PRIME is even better if you shop on there often. Only time i've been screwed over was selling on amazon, there a-to-z claim is horse shit.

I can definitely say that Prime pays for itself more times over than I can count with free 2-day shipping & a good (not awesome) library of instant videos. My wife & I use it almost exclusively unless another site does better with total price.

Back