Amazon Profit Dollars to Build City on the Moon

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Ever wonder where all your money goes? Highly likely a bunch of it might be going to Moon very soon. Just think about it, you have likely been the lifeblood to facilitating the human race leaving our planet. And let's face it, there are a lot of reasons to leave.

Check out the video.

I was thinking the same thing. I would love to be there, but I question the value that those children are getting from that particular presentation.

you guys are missing the point... he was talking to those who will be going.. since its going to take us forever to get our butts back there.. best to skip all us and talk directly to those who will still be able to walk when we get going back

;>)

I'm not Besos fan but I can get behind this.
We need a permanent pit-stop between here and Mars before we can even think about setting human foot on Martian soil. The craft could be refueled there and it takes much less fuel to leave that crust than ours.

Solar powered rail gun on the moon for launching things out of the lunar orbit. Now you've got a whole lot less mass to worry about in flight. Using electricity for launches would only work up there.

The moon has long been the first step towards validating our ability to setup a permanent habitation for semi-permanent settlement. Considering that communication is measure in seconds of delay not minutes, and supplies are days/weeks away, not years. Although obviously the low gravity environment ensures that anyone who lives on the moon won't live their for long (in comparison to their life span on earth)

He's a terrible presenter. Stuttering like he's nervous talking to kids that don't suck up.

Bezos is a piece of shit, purveyor of fake news with his little Washington Post fake news outlet. He's a traitor to the same people that made him rich. I am sure he is going to hell if he isn't there already.

Looks like he was answering questions, they just had the questions edited out.

Bezos is a piece of shit, purveyor of fake news with his little Washington Post fake news outlet. He's a traitor to the same people that made him rich. I am sure he is going to hell if he isn't there already.

Eh, most news outlets are owned by rich people and they all tow the line handed down to them. So what he's doing for one side, there's a ton of other propaganda outlets for the other.

I heard oxygen don't grow on trees over there

2WZaA5Q.png

Mr Bezos, in exchange for this new logo I will humbly accept a seat on one of the ships to this certain death sentence.

VsqsTAt.jpg

I'm worried about private corporations engaging in spaceflight. They can provide the vehicles and equipment at a fair cost, but it should be left up to a unified human space organization where to settle and what to exploit. We don't need corporate wars over Asteroids, Moons, Planets, etc. Besides, money is incompatible with the resources that space has, it's basically already incompatible with the resources Earth has, and why a resource based economy is inevitable.

doesn't living long term in a low gravity environment have a terrible effect on your health?
only if you come home. :)

yes - bones deteriorate, calcium deplenishes in the bones to the point of a terrible case of osteoporosis.
Heart shrinks in size due to lack of exertion required to pump blood - which of course cases problems when the astronaut returns back on earth.
Vision and headache issues can arise over the course of time - etc.

Short term it's all reversible. They are still figuring out long term potential consequences.

It's a big hurdle to overcome on a potential 2 years + Mars trip.

No wonder they can afford to build on the moon, you seen the amount of fools who buy amazon prime in the belief that they actually get free shipping.

No wonder they can afford to build on the moon, you seen the amount of fools who buy amazon prime in the belief that they actually get free shipping.
I get better rates with it than without it, to the tune of paying for itself several times over.
Whether Amazon overall is cheaper than an alternative, is case by case.

It may not be free but its cheaper and a convenience not try to meet the minimum order criteria.

The free streaming, not great but useable, ....

it'll just take one asshole swearing allegiance to some terror group to sabotage anything up there and poof. no O2

it'll just take one asshole swearing allegiance to some terror group to sabotage anything up there and poof. no O2

It will be well protected.

Especially since O2 comes with every prime subscription.

Man those Earthbound people...it takes just one asshole swearing allegiance to some terror group and poof they cant fly without getting butt probed.

Terrorism is not an excuse to not do something. It in fact makes them the winners...

Back