Amazon Prime Free for 3 Months Even if you've had it before

Thanks OP!

Prime's $4 overnight is awesome. I just used it to buy a disk. Saved me from driving to Best Buy.

What??

I'm assuming when you say Yahoo you mean Amazon, or perhaps your ISP?

There is no link on page one to "log into prime" the second link just takes you to your account settings where you can not auto-renew your subscription. There's no difference when you go to Amazon between prime/non-prime, you just go there and then checkout with the account that has the prime membership and you get the free shipping option on eligible products.

There should be no reason for additional accounts, etc with this offer- just use the account you normally shop with at Amazon.

I will also say that I have no idea when this deal is done however people still seemed to be getting it yesterday.

Yes, I meant amazon. Obviously, they dont' want you to have had multiple Prime trials or the quoted message wouldn't have appeared. I suspected this from the beginning and registered a new account (with my yahoo email), cleared cookies, and a few other things to make reasonably sure they saw me as a unique customer. However, personal info I couldn't do much to change. So, I think this probably got me flagged as someone gaming the system and a false positive (never having had Prime). Or, they could have linked me back to my original account, where I have shipping addresses belonging to relatives who DO have prime. If they were trying to detect people gaming the system with multiple accounts, this is a plausible scenario.

Anyway, I found that after signing up for prime, and logging in *normally* it would not indicate "prime" on my account or in checkout. I know that sounds strange, but that's what it was doing. Actually if you look closely at that 2nd link, it indicates "primeclub" in the link, and that's the only way I could get it to show up. When I went to check out *after* using this link to log in (and remove prime renew), it gave the quoted message, refusing to honor it.

They offered no obvious means to contact them about it and frankly I was sick and tired about wasting 45 minutes of experimenting to save $12 on shipping.

Last edited:
Nice... My previous trial did not end until today and I was still able to get in on another 3-month trial!

I just tried this (2 times) and it did not work.
Maybe its because i am from Canada, and thus Prime is not offered outside the USA?

I followed directions exactly as was posted.( and made sure i was not already logged in)

Once i continue checkout it asks for shipping method.
I tried with the default, then i selected the priority international.
Then it asks me how i want to pay, and i chose credit card.
Then it goes to the final screen where i now have to click to finnally approve my order.
(obviously i dont want this stupid book so i did not continue further)

At no time did it offer me prime trial.

It was only offering me 1-month (hence the complicated stuff above). It might be selecting certain people for 3-months -- or ruling out certain people.

I just tried this (2 times) and it did not work.
Maybe its because i am from Canada, and thus Prime is not offered outside the USA?

I followed directions exactly as was posted.( and made sure i was not already logged in)

Once i continue checkout it asks for shipping method.
I tried with the default, then i selected the priority international.
Then it asks me how i want to pay, and i chose credit card.
Then it goes to the final screen where i now have to click to finnally approve my order.
(obviously i dont want this stupid book so i did not continue further)

At no time did it offer me prime trial.

From the Prime FAQ:

Which addresses can I ship to using Amazon Prime?

Members can ship eligible items to any valid address in the continental United States as long as it meets the restrictions outlined in the Amazon Prime Terms & Conditions.

Sorry but it looks like Canada is out.

My Prime just expired a few days ago and this worked out perfectly thank you OP :).

Previous trial just expired today and was able to do this today. Thanks OP.

This is my 3rd Prime trial, but first one that lasts 3 months. Thanks!

Finally got this to work after for whatever reason they wouldn't accept my credit card for it...

Thanks OP!

Hard drive, motherboard, RAM, CPU and Blu-Ray drive overnighted for $20.00.

Not bad:)

Decided to finally activate the trial Prime...

For past two days my Amazon Prime Membership page says:
Important Message
Your application for Amazon Prime membership has been received and is being processed. Your member benefits should be available in a few minutes.

What's up with that??

UPDATE:

Got an email from Amazon stating that "my credit card declined the charge for my Amazon Prime Trial Membership".

I knew the CC on file with Amazon was maxed, but figured it wouldn't matter since I was going to cancel out well before they should charge me.

So, I have to assume that they are trying to authorize the CC charge at time of enrollment, even though payment isn't due for 3 months??? Wonder if they hold those funds too??

Thanks to the trial I'm getting an FT02B-W overnighted for $3.99; I can't even begin to wonder how much it'll actually cost to ship it. Figuring NE charging $25 for ground, overnight has to be at least $50 if not more. I'm sure Amazon gets a large bulk rate discount, but even then I'm sure it's still not cheap to ship a 33# case overnight. :)

It's about time we (the consumer) get a break on shipping rates. :D

UPDATE:

Got an email from Amazon stating that "my credit card declined the charge for my Amazon Prime Trial Membership".

I knew the CC on file with Amazon was maxed, but figured it wouldn't matter since I was going to cancel out well before they should charge me.

So, I have to assume that they are trying to authorize the CC charge at time of enrollment, even though payment isn't due for 3 months??? Wonder if they hold those funds too??

They charge the credit card with $1, then reverse the charge. This is for safety concerns on their part.

Do you folks order a lot of electronic equipment from Amazon or ???

I was hoping to order lots of grocery- type of items: TP, trash bags, floss, toothpaste, laundry detergent, you name it. Unfortunately, all of that stuffs is significantly higher priced than what you'd pay at Wal-Mart (including tax). So what's the majority of folks here using it for? One time use?

I was hoping to order lots of grocery- type of items: TP, trash bags, floss, toothpaste, laundry detergent, you name it. Unfortunately, all of that stuffs is significantly higher priced than what you'd pay at Wal-Mart (including tax). So what's the majority of folks here using it for? One time use?

From books to electronics to food items for me.

Thanks, OP. My original trial expired a few months ago, and I loved knowing when exactly I would get something when I checked out. We'll see how much I use it this time around, as I'll be saving for the summer and if it still seems worthwhile, I'll probably pay the $80 for a full year.

They charge the credit card with $1, then reverse the charge. This is for safety concerns on their part.

Well that doesn't make any sense, then.

The CC in question has approx. $50 available credit, so a $1.00 charge shouldn't be declined.

Amazon must be trying to approve more than $50 charge.

I dunno, maybe I'll try again. Maybe. It's not like I'm losing any sleep over it! LOL

This is still valid if anyone was wondering. I had accepted a free one month trial back in December that expired yesterday. Used this today to get another 3 months free. Awesome. Thanks OP!

Electronics and books for me as well

Just re-upped after the free mont deal. Thanks OP.

I mostly order Media (Games, DVD's, Books) and Electronics/small household stuff. I buy groceries @ the grocery store ;)

Awesome, my year of paid amazon prime just expired a couple of weeks ago. Nice to have it back for free.

fyi: doesnt work anymore i think.

We were unable to start your Free Trial
Our records indicate that you have previously been a paid or trial member of Amazon Prime. Free trials are currently available to new members only, but you may sign up at our regular rate of $79/year to enjoy Free Two-Day Shipping.

I even logged out and cleared any amazon.com cookies I could find. oh well

Yeah luckily i received mine! Its great! Most prices are cheaper than newegg's and the free shipping makes it even better. I will probably pay for my membership after the trial runs out.

BY THE WAY, I signed up for this trial a month or two back - Amazon automatically subscribed me for an $80 renewal fee on my card. I had to call Amazon to get the charge refunded and my subscription canceled. Anyone else can do the same if you get hit with this charge.

BY THE WAY, I signed up for this trial a month or two back - Amazon automatically subscribed me for an $80 renewal fee on my card. I had to call Amazon to get the charge refunded and my subscription canceled. Anyone else can do the same if you get hit with this charge.

That's because you didn't go to "Manage Prime Membership" and make sure that "auto renew" was disabled. The trial you signed up for previously was only a one month offer, whereas this trial lasts 3 months.

Back