Amazon Prime Day is Oct 13-14

I forget. What is prime day again? This ism y first time having Prime in like seven years.

it's the days they put the most useless stuff available on the site that no one buys at crazy low prices. that's prime day in a nutshell.. definitely not looking forward to this one either given how care free people are with spending money online this year.

it's the days they put the most useless stuff available on the site that no one buys at crazy low prices. that's prime day in a nutshell.. definitely not looking forward to this one either given how care free people are with spending money online this year.
So like a internet black friday.

I bought a trampoline for my kids two years ago during prime day for a nice price. (Probably about $80 off the next cheapest available price. You wonder how they ship big stuff like that for the low price offered.

First party Alexa and Kindle stuff is the cheapest it’ll be all year.
Otherwise it’s sort of random oddities on quick lightning sales.

I bought a trampoline two years ago during prime day for a nice price. You wonder how they ship big stuff like that for the price offered.
I would be interested to hear others' purchases on prior prime days. I did not find any attractive deals in the past, but maybe this one will be different.

Until a few years ago I would buy shoes on prime day every year. They stopped offering good deals on shoes I want the last couple of years though. I still check each time just in case. Lately I have picked up a few articles of clothing to replace items that have worn out.

I also normally check the SSD / Flash memory deals. I don't always need the latest fastest SSD for my fleet of machines so it can be a good time to fill in those slots. In general though I agree, lots of junk nobody wants.

Ah, so pretty much cleaning off the shelves of old stock then to make more room.

I buy from them at least once a month, but now it's only the random odd and ends they stopped selling at the local grocery store. Used to order a lot more from Amazon, but I've found that most of Amazon's prices are now more expensive than buying the same item from a local store (mostly thinking of grocery, drug store, and pet stuff).

can't respond without going soapbox. heh

i mean he's not wrong.. should always support your local businesses unless you need something that's not available locally.

Ah, so pretty much cleaning off the shelves of old stock then to make more room.

pretty much.. there's a lot of niche crap that they have taking up shelf space in their warehouses but they can't just tell a company to take their stuff back because it's not selling. so they bite the bullet and take the loss to get rid of it. every once in a while you can find some cool stuff for sale though but even computer hardware it's usually just things like 128GB or less SSD's being sold for 20 or 30 dollars, budget oem memory, etc. but hey if you want 50 pounds of sand in a bucket, that's always on sale on prime day.. :p

so they prime the savings (pun intended) by ramping up prices days before so that the actual prime day sees a good drop. I was about to actually buy some something.... I can wait a few days now. Or do a soft boycott.

Last edited:
3-5 years ago, I found some awesome deals on stuff we needed at the time, so we saved a ton of $$ on them (lappy's, pc cases, cables, shoes, coffee makers, etc), but lately they have been sluffin off on deals on real stuff that folks would really wanna/need to buy, with the possible exception of their branded devices, of which this forum is as close as I will ever get to...

The only real deals are amazon branded things like echos and then the 1-2 stock total warehouse deals items if they do a 20-30% off there.

Picked up a 2700x for cheap last year during prime day.

Hoping I can grab a 3700x for cheap this prime day.

I think the odds are good they'll be on clearance with the AMD CPU announcement a few days before prime day.

I bought some banana jacks today and got a $10 coupon to use on Prime Day,
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y8YL2DM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_9412.PNG

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Is there a list of items that will be sold on prime day?
But basically I agree with others - prime day has been a bust basically since its inception. I wouldn't and don't expect anything worth having to go on sale.

I've gotten deals on things like wireless headphones and game controllers. They aren't going to majorly mark down things people are already fighting over, but they'll mark down "last year's tech" or stuff they have a pile of.

Prime Day is the day that all of those who have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and need an Android Device get the latest Kindle Fire HD at 1/2 the cost.

Reactions: TMCM
like this
Is there a list of items that will be sold on prime day?
But basically I agree with others - prime day has been a bust basically since its inception. I wouldn't and don't expect anything worth having to go on sale.
There used to be a list of good deals on here until everyone became self righteous.

I got a couple things also, looking for more stuff still but I had an open bay and m.2 slot on my nas server so this takes care of that.
Prime score.JPG

Back