Amazon Prime App Finally Available for Apple TV

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
I know there are a lot of [H] Apple TV users out there that have been patiently waiting on the Amazon Prime Video app and I'm happy to let you know it's rolling out in the US, Canada, and several European nations. It should be available for download now in the app store. Happy Prime watching!

Amazon Prime Video was one of the last remaining streaming service holdouts to release a tvOS app, so users will now be able to rely on the 4th and 5th generation Apple TV devices a little more without having to use a PlayStation 4, Fire TV, or Roku to jump to Amazon's video catalog.

Finally. I hope it's not gimped. It should get a nice spike in Prime usage from me.

Wonder if that's in response to Google pulling YouTube from Amazon Fire TV? I'm sure this isn't something they'd just do from scratch overnight, but the timing seems like quite a coincidence.

There is a long list of services that support Chromecast. The holdouts do not get my money, and hopefully enough others treat those companies the same way. The fact that I have to watch Amazon Prime video over my Blu ray player instead of just being able to Chromecast is really, really stupid.

Wonder if that's in response to Google pulling YouTube from Amazon Fire TV? I'm sure this isn't something they'd just do from scratch overnight, but the timing seems like quite a coincidence.

This has been in the works for some time AFAIK.

At the keynote, they mentioned that the AppleTV was finally getting PrimeVideo.

Now if Apple could just add Dolby Atmos then the ATV 4K would be a complete solution.

Last edited:
I've been waiting on this a while now. I had a feeling it would be out around the same time as Grand Tour

Back