Amazon Pre-Orders: Will they actually be fulfilled?

Yeah mine is the same...it looks like we got the Launch edition, we shall see :p

I actually "preordered" over a month ago..Price shows $1k.:eek: They haven't changed the price but I got the email explaining the differences.Pretty sure when it ships the price will correct itself. :)

I actually "preordered" over a month ago..Price shows $1k.:eek: They haven't changed the price but I got the email explaining the differences.Pretty sure when it ships the price will correct itself. :)

Yeah that's a place holder, just like how it states that they will be available on the 31st of December. They're just covering the range so to speak. I pre-ordered yesterday (standard) and it states that the ETA is between January 6th and the 13th.

Amazon has likely been given a set number of units that they will get on initial shipment. Once they land at the fulfillment center they will receive them and they will be put into the mod. Once the product hits the mod and the system sees that its in the inventory then it will drop the picks and they will pick the product and it will go through pack and be shipped out in batches. Being something of this magnitude it likely wont hit the mod but will sit on pallets outside of the mod and will be received in a bulk manner which is different then normal.

Once their shipments for launch day has been fulfilled they will fulfill each order as they get the inventory in a FIFO manner. This will vary greatly because its based upon the area in which you are and what the closest fulfillment center to you that has the product in stock will be.

So I checked today and my PS4 got upgraded to launch day edition! I pre ordered on the 12 so I didn't think it was going to change because I originally had the standard edition. Pretty happy right now.

Amazon has likely been given a set number of units that they will get on initial shipment. Once they land at the fulfillment center they will receive them and they will be put into the mod. Once the product hits the mod and the system sees that its in the inventory then it will drop the picks and they will pick the product and it will go through pack and be shipped out in batches. Being something of this magnitude it likely wont hit the mod but will sit on pallets outside of the mod and will be received in a bulk manner which is different then normal.

Once their shipments for launch day has been fulfilled they will fulfill each order as they get the inventory in a FIFO manner. This will vary greatly because its based upon the area in which you are and what the closest fulfillment center to you that has the product in stock will be.

Good thing there is a fulfillment center about 300 miles from me in Jersey. Looks like I'll be getting it day one.

So has anyone heard any release date rumors, I figure Amazon is saying December 31st because Sony said it will release this holiday. I would imagine it will be before Christmas but just wondering if anybody had heard any rumored dates..

So has anyone heard any release date rumors, I figure Amazon is saying December 31st because Sony said it will release this holiday. I would imagine it will be before Christmas but just wondering if anybody had heard any rumored dates..

No one knows since, like you said, Sony only said it would be available this holiday season. If I had to guess though, it will likely be mid-November. I highly doubt either company wants to miss Black Friday.

You might want to double check. Those preorders that went up like a month+ ago for 1k where from 3rd party sellers. I wouldn't count on them changing the price.

Sony said November back in Feb iirc. From a few devs working on PS4 titles, they were told to have the game all ready to be sold by black friday the latest.

You might want to double check. Those preorders that went up like a month+ ago for 1k where from 3rd party sellers. I wouldn't count on them changing the price.

Nah,it was Amazon. :cool:

I preordered the ps4 and missed out on launch day edition.

Well, until I checked today to see i've been bumped up to a launch day edition

*does cartwheels*

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering the PlayStation 4.

We are writing to inform you that we received additional PlayStation 4 "Launch Day Edition" consoles and have upgraded your order from the "Standard Edition." We've also upgraded your shipping speed to free Release-Day Delivery at no cost to you. This means you'll receive your order the day the console is released (the two editions are identical other than the release-day promise).
Got this email from. Amazon last night hell yeah! Amazon rocks.

Same day delivery! I have an Amazon warehouse an hour and a half from me up in L.A. Now to see if Amazon can come through on the Xbone!

They also have new Launch day bundles in stock!

BF4/PS+ Launch Day Bundle
Killzone/PS+ Launch Day Bundle
Knack Launch Day Bundle
Watch Dogs Launch Day Bundle

As of right now, I have a basic launch bundle and watch dogs launch bundle..and another controller on pre-order lol

I wonder how many of these pre-orders are going to be just for Ebay. Even though companies aim to have plenty for launch, they always seem to fall short.

I wonder how many of these pre-orders are going to be just for Ebay. Even though companies aim to have plenty for launch, they always seem to fall short.

Considering the competition is basically giving a gigantic middle finger to gamers in terms of ownership , I bet that many preorders will be for people who actually intend to play the console. There is no hot button feature like the PS3 had with Blu Ray to really profit from this time around. Also PS4 is totally off the shelf hardware that won't be in shortage anytime soon so I'm sure you'll be able to get one before Christmas if you try.

Amazon sold out of launch editions pretty fast , got mine preordered a few minutes after it was available, THe standard editions are the same except no guarantee of launch day delivery. THEY still have the XBOX ONE For first day delivery at last check, Preordered Knack ad destiny as well they look like good fun , I trust Anazon to come thru..

Amazon no tax yet and free launch day delivery for us Prime members I love those videos of dummies standing in line with fights breaking out over a stupid console , but many of those people had $ signs in their eyes wanting to flip it on Ebay, going to be the hot Christmas item this year. Sony will sell tons of consoles far out shadowing MS ,l

I placed an order June 14th and just checked the order and it now says "Playstation 4 launch day edition" with an estimated delivery date of January 3, 2014. They now have other launch bundles that include games listed on the website. I hope they have more than enough for everyone, so the ebay resellers who preorder 20 of them end up losing money in the end. Screw them. :)

I live 30 miles from the largest Amazon Center in Fernley Nevada, so I usually get dvds I order the day before release, hopefully it will be the same with the PS4 I preordered the Xbox as well but I may try to sell it , but I'll most likely give it to my nephew He's a big COD Fan and Xbox maven.

^^^I wonder if they learned from the Wii U launch.

As for me, both Xbox one and PS4 are on preorder via Amazon. They have always delivered. One place I wouldn't bother with is Best Buy. They seem to have issues with taking preorders and fulfilling them. At least in my experience.

I'm going back to Best Buy and taking back my money canceling my pre order. They couldn't answer any of my damn questions. First come first serve doesn't mean let 500 people pre order a console and then who ever out of those people that pre ordered shows up first on release night gets whatever consoles they received.

Amazon prime member so I will get release day delivery.

Yeah I hope the eBay flippers get screwed. Hard.

Not likely, this is going to be at least as big as the PS3 launch..I mean really, how could I get screwed..Im paying $400 free delivery and no tax.Worst case scenario, I actually keep it.Best case, I make money..Cant lose.People gotta have their toys. :p

I'm talking about the people buying multiple consoles.

I did that on the Wii , one of my buddies took it of my hands ($2 profit , YES!) I stood in front of a shop in the morning (buy my 1st Wii) and a day later or so the store that had me on the list phoned me I could pick up the other one :) .

But you mean the bastards that buy them and then sell them on for good amount of profit.

Yeah I hope the eBay flippers get screwed. Hard.

It's near impossible to get screwed as while you might not make profit you'll still be able to sell it for cost instantly. I pre-ordered a few of each console. Planning on getting my PS4/Xbox One for free when all is said and done.

I'm going back to Best Buy and taking back my money canceling my pre order. They couldn't answer any of my damn questions. First come first serve doesn't mean let 500 people pre order a console and then who ever out of those people that pre ordered shows up first on release night gets whatever consoles they received.

Amazon prime member so I will get release day delivery.

From what I understand, Sony hasn't given retailers allocation numbers yet. They've just told them to keep on taking pre-orders.

Picked out the Watch Dogs pre-order bundle today. First console I have had since the SNES! (I don't count the Wii)

Anyone notice Amazon now has a release date for the One? Not an estimated arrival but an actual release date. I noticed after Amazon sent me an email 10 mins ago saying they upgraded my order to release day delivery and that the arrival date is the 27th of November.

Anyone notice Amazon now has a release date for the One? Not an estimated arrival but an actual release date. I noticed after Amazon sent me an email 10 mins ago saying they upgraded my order to release day delivery and that the arrival date is the 27th of November.

It's still an estimated date.

I got the same email.

Back