Amazon ordering issues? Fraud Prevention...

dracos

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok..

I'm an Amazon Prime member, the main account actually and my wife is on it as secondary.

I order all the time from Amazon and I admit a lot of it is games and digital purchases but there's plenty of physical stuff as well. I'ts probably close to 60/40 really, but y'know can't pass up a good gaming deal!

I have cards linked to Amazon as payment options of course, ready to go like everyone does I'm sure.

Over the last couple days I ordered two games and a DLC package and it's making me re-enter my credit card info and 'add a card' even though it's the same card that's already linked to my account in the payment options. All three times now I've had to re-enter my card info to prove that I'm authorized to use it.

I also had a delay in processing as well 'to prevent fraud' it was almost four hours before I got my key for the DLC pack actually which was all of $4.99. The thing is though I get an email within seconds of my card being charged so my card was charged and cleared but yet I still had to wait for their 'fraud prevention' to decide to send me the key.

I've never had an issue with Amazon, never really complained about stuff, I think I've returned two things for problems over the numerous years I've been a member with Amazon, never had any issues with fraud for sure.

My wife has bought over a thousand dollars in xmas presents the last month via Amazon and not once has she had to re-enter her cc info or have any kind of fraud prevention delay yet I get it for a $4.99 purchase.

I don't understand and was wondering if this was happening to anyone else?

Hasn't happened to me. My account is getting used from multiple locations (home, work, cell phone, parent's house) and the deliveries are going to three different locations without a problem.

Something similar happened to me at Newegg a few weeks ago, I was required to reenter all my info in the middle of checking out and though I didn't know it until Master Card contacted me the next morning, with in minutes my card was used to make a large cash advance at a Target store 1,500 miles away from where I live.

The issue you are having @ Amazon pertains to access from a new PC that they don't recognize.

I had the same issue a few days ago, i was browsing @ work, and had to cancel a sub & save from Amazon and they were like "woah woah woah, is this YOU"

So I entered information as they asked.

Then I went to order something yesterday and it asked me to input CC info and such again.

Its fine, its their way of making sure you're safe and they are too. If they can stop something
BEFORE its a chargeback, thats good for them.

The issue you are having @ Amazon pertains to access from a new PC that they don't recognize.

I had the same issue a few days ago, i was browsing @ work, and had to cancel a sub & save from Amazon and they were like "woah woah woah, is this YOU"

So I entered information as they asked.

Then I went to order something yesterday and it asked me to input CC info and such again.

Its fine, its their way of making sure you're safe and they are too. If they can stop something
BEFORE its a chargeback, thats good for them.

Well it's not a new PC.. I only use my home computer to access Amazon for buying things.

I emailed Amazon and asked a few questions and they sort of answered some of my questions:

I understand your concern about the issues you've with the payment and your cards for digital purchases. You need not worry about it and it isn't any fraud issue and there wasn't any fraud on your account.

Some digital purchases may require additional processing time, which normally takes less than 4 hours. This process is in place to protect your personal information and prevent fraudulent orders.

I had this when I changed shipping address on my ps4 order, they made me re-enter my amazon store card number and expiration date.

I had this happen this weekend too placing an order. Could be the intensity of using if it has changed, cause I know i did a lot of purchasing over this weekend. LOL.

Back