Amazon Order Comes with 65 Pounds of Weed

monkeymagick

[H]News
Online ordering has gotten a lot more interesting. A Florida couple purchased some tote containers to use for storage and received a surprise in their delivery (warning auto-play video). Inside the four 27 gallon storage bins were 65 pounds of marijuana, a lot heavier than one would think of empty bins. From further investigation, the police found the shipment via UPS, weighed in at 93.5 lbs from an Amazon Warehouse Deals facility in Massachusetts.

The couple said that after going back and forth with Amazon mostly by email for more than a month, they never spoke to a supervisor.

They eventually received an email giving them a $150 gift card with the message, "I am unable to do anything else at this time."

Thanks Amazon.

I don't even smoke weed and even I would probably have kept my mouth shut on this. Mostly because as soon as you tell someone at Amazon or the cops, people know where you live. I don't know the market value of 60+ lbs of weed, but I wouldn't want some unsavory people showing up at my door looking for it.

I like how Amazon's response to this station was that they worked with the customers on this... they offered them a $150 gift card and basically told them to piss off and leave them alone. That isn't exactly working with them.

It's really generous of Amazon. They got their containers, got an extra $150 for nothing, and they got 65 POUNDS of MJ. So that must be worth thousands.

Now this is what I'm talking about, taking Prime to the next level. I don't need that much though, I'm sure a pound will last me years.

Brownies for everyone!

I would have called the Police, to report the 50lbs of Marijuana I received.

I see what you did there! Thumbs up.

I mean, I would be tempted to keep it but calling the cops is probably the best thing. You don't want some pissed off cartel member\drug dealer hunting you down for it. I guess you could move but to go through all that and it's still not a guarantee you'll be safe.

i highly doubt it was an "accident" but mo
I mean, I would be tempted to keep it but calling the cops is probably the best thing. You don't want some pissed off cartel member\drug dealer hunting you down for it. I guess you could move but to go through all that and it's still not a guarantee you'll be safe.

yeah, im doubtfull this was an accident. the person that loaded the containers into boxes had to be in on it. Also wonder why the whole sorting system didnt trigger due to the massive difference in weight

I don't think they would come for it? Yeah its 1000s of value in the market, but peanuts actual cost. Thats the thing with drugs.. its the illegality that gives it the value...

Gawd damn, those Amazon Prime benefits! Amazon never ceases to strive for better value to the customer.

yeah... this sort of situation would suck for the people that ordered the totes.. this is nobody's college frat party supply getting intercepted it is ~ a quarter million dollars worth of weed... so obviously traffickers whom by most accounts tend to be not super opposed to violence and whatever..

so what do you do.. hope they don't know you have it and shut up about it... you certainly don't want to try to sell it.. because you'll most likely draw the attention of the traffickers who will possibly kill you... Call the law and let them deal with it.. this is actually probably the most reasonable course of action.. the traffickers will probably leave you be... because :: what is a law abiding civilian going to do when they get totes full of weed.. and also messing with you at that point is just going to draw more law enforcement attention.. blah blah blah.. unlike if you tried to sell their misdirected weed they are going to probably just assuming it is just the cost of doing business.. the politics of contraband the smugglers blues?? (yes I did just make a Glenn Frey reference).

GODDAMN.

WHY...WHY....OH WHY can something this bad ass never happen to me? I'm telling you right now I wouldn't have said a FUCKING WORD and would have started making dabs like it was going OUT OF FUCKING STYLE BABY! Sell dabs, make some serious cash money with very little risk.

Damn.

Yeah ... why did those people who got the weed phone the cops? Something like that happens to me ... nobody is hearing about it.
Shit I haven't smoked in many years outside of Amsterdam and wouldn't be able to give up that present!

Reactions: Draax
like this
This is brilliant - absolutely brilliant.. I would keep it.

So if person A tips the cops that person B is shipping pot through Amazon to distributors (Persons C thru M).

So the cops setup a sting and forge a shipment to person H, but they fuck up person H's address without realizing it, you just became person H right ?

i highly doubt it was an "accident" but mo

yeah, im doubtfull this was an accident. the person that loaded the containers into boxes had to be in on it. Also wonder why the whole sorting system didnt trigger due to the massive difference in weight

Because it was an UPS guy that slipped in the weed, and his buddy in the receiving city fucked up and missed pulling the weed (y)

I think some gamers smoke that much in one twitch session.

65lbs even with 20 gamers locked in a room for 7 days impossible.

You don't really know how much weed that is do you?

I don't even smoke weed and even I would probably have kept my mouth shut on this. Mostly because as soon as you tell someone at Amazon or the cops, people know where you live. I don't know the market value of 60+ lbs of weed, but I wouldn't want some unsavory people showing up at my door looking for it.

1lbs about $3000-$5000 USD depending on quality.

That was nice of Amazon, they really do have Everything from A to Z!

still not understanding the return of $150 though from Amazon... how much are 27gallon totes? They're only $9 at home depot.

I wouldn't have said shit.

The people who are looking fur their 65 pounds of weed will see this story and start adding stuff up.

I bet they aren't gonna see the humor.

Back