Amazon or Newegg for new mobo?

waiaung1

n00b
Which one should I go with? I was leaning towards Amazon because I have prime and their customer service is amazing but Newegg is offering service net replacement extended warranty of a year for free with the purchase? Price is the same. I'm not familiar with that service net warrant; is it any good?

I had to return a faulty motherboard to Amazon. With Prime it was a two day turn-around and I had something like 30 days to return the faulty board after I received the replacement.

Their packing seems no better than newegg's though.

I would go with Amazon.

I've never returned something like a mobo to Amazon, but with other things, they've been very accommodating and will send UPS to pick up your package, who'll slap a label on it and give you a receipt so you don't even have to print anything. Prime is really good that way.

Whichever one you use, be sure to click thru on the appropriate [H] referral link to help support the site. :)

http://hardforum.com/announcement.php?f=80&a=92

I had to return a faulty motherboard to Amazon. With Prime it was a two day turn-around and I had something like 30 days to return the faulty board after I received the replacement.

Their packing seems no better than newegg's though.

I would go with Amazon.

yes no doubt. I quit with newegg for mobos.

I buy all my stuff from Newegg and have never had a problem. Prices are as cheap if not cheaper than anywhere else, lots of stuff with free shipping and it always ships fast. I have yet to be disappointed with a Newegg purchase. Until I do, itll continue to the only place I buy or recommend.

Looks like I'm going with Amazon for this purchase then. Just seems more convenient and less risky for me. I've never heard of service net so I'm not too trusting of it while Amazon 30 days return period with no restocking fee is very reliable.

I'll def go through [H] referral link to help my fav forum.

They are my top 2 retailers. Hard to pick between them. For a mobo I would be tempted to go Amazon. I have bought mobos from Newegg that I wondered if they were open box. None of them have ever been sealed.

I would go with newegg souly on the fact that i love their customer service. I have never had to deal with Amazons support. so i have a biased opinion

Would go amazon, had a bad experience with my last build purchase from the egg sadly, had to rma motherboard and they accused me of end user damage to the pins and sent it back to me, helping me in no way. Been buying parts from them for 8 years and it was only my second rma and having just made a 1500$ purchase from them needless to say I was not a happy camper and it delayed my build by another 2 weeks or so and 200$ lighter in the wallet.

Amazon all the way. If you have prime shipping its 2 day shipping. Returns are hassle free and no restocking fee.

I just recently did an upgrade and microcenter beat both amazon and neweggs prices.

Amazon is slightly better for returns. Esp on heavy things. Newegg is better for selection sometimes. Both are great.

A longtime fan of both, but as a Prime member I find myself using Amazon more and more for computer parts purchases (and pretty much everything else). I've spent tens of thousands with Newegg over more than a decade, but unfortunately as often happens with companies as they get successful and grow too big for their britches, customer support begins to falter. Fortunately I've not personally had an issue yet with Newegg but I've not required their support in a long time either. The recent user reports of poor service and rash of RMA denials doesn't bode well, however. With Amazon, returns are painless and they're very easy to work with.

So I'd tend to lean towards Amazon. In fact I just bought a new Z77 board from Amazon last week -- the first non-Newegg mobo purchase I've made in many years.

As far as Service Net warranties, they've been around awhile and I don't expect you'd have any problems with them. That said, while I've bought some of the Newegg extended warranties on some TVs and appliances, I've yet needed to file a claim so I can't speak from personal experience.

Just get Amazon Prime and order from them (Amazon) and call it a day. I have been so impressed with Amazon recently it's hard to shop anywhere else (not a fanboy, either.)

I've been building rigs with Amazon since my i7 920 build a few years back, they've only gotten better and better. As other people have said - Amazon + Prime and you'll have an amazing experience.

I would go with Amazon. I have had nothing but good experiences with their customer service. If you have prime, its a no brainer. Free 2 day shipping and no sales tax ftw.

I ordered mobo this morning. Both had the same price but Amazon had free shipping. I went with Newegg because for a few bucks shipping I get it in 2-3 days but Amazon could be a week or two.

I just ordered my Ivy Bridge mobo and memory from Amazon and found their prices to be cheapest, plus you have to love free shipping.
Don't get me wrong, NewEgg is cool, too...but Amazon's logistics make them tough to beat.

Back