Amazon Offers Free Same-Day Prime Shipping On Orders Over $35

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are a Prime member living in one of the areas that gets same-day deliveries, Amazon wants you to know that shipping on those deliveries is now free on orders over $35.

Amazon offers same-day delivery to Prime members for $5.99 per order and non-members for $8.99 plus 99 cents per unit. It will now allow Prime members free same-day shipping on orders over $35, Greg Greeley, head of Prime, told Reuters.

I have never seen a company strive to get better and better then Amazon.

I agree with you, for now. But, there will come a point when they'll go the way of every other company and care only about profits and investors and say fuck you to the customer. Its coming, but we can enjoy this while it lasts.

Huge fan of Amazon and use it all the time usually 5,000 dollars a year on average.

There website though when browsing for something specific is a PITA.

I agree with you, for now. But, there will come a point when they'll go the way of every other company and care only about profits and investors and say fuck you to the customer. Its coming, but we can enjoy this while it lasts.

They care about customers because it helps their share price and investors while they're in the growth phase. These aren't mutually exclusive.

That's what the recent $20 Prime increase went to. Free they said. :D

That's what the recent $20 Prime increase went to. Free they said. :D

That's how I am looking at it. I am still glad we're getting incentives for being on prime though. The $20 jack was harsh but slowly the pain is being relieved.

With all the incentives and mostly items are prime, the wounds from the $20 increased is slowly healing. Now if they can expand the same day shipping to where I am, I'd be gladly to re-new my membership. Sometimes it's about retaining customers and this is one of amazon's agenda.

They care about customers because it helps their share price and investors while they're in the growth phase. These aren't mutually exclusive.

We'll revisit this in a couple of years when their customer service goes to shit, I'm sure.

FWIW, I agree with you. But, they are pretty much the ONLY company in the WORLD that is giving good customer service, so the odds are far more likely that they'll go the way of every other company in the name of profit margins.

We'll revisit this in a couple of years when their customer service goes to shit, I'm sure.

FWIW, I agree with you. But, they are pretty much the ONLY company in the WORLD that is giving good customer service, so the odds are far more likely that they'll go the way of every other company in the name of profit margins.

Then we'll have another company willing to exploit that dissatisfaction, and so on. At least that's how it's supposed to work.

I ordered an Instant Pot pressure cooker from Amazon on Saturday evening with prime 2-day shipping. It arrived on Monday, Memorial Day, afternoon.... With this new program apparently I would have gotten it on Sunday. Crazy.

Huge fan of Amazon and use it all the time usually 5,000 dollars a year on average.

There website though when browsing for something specific is a PITA.

I'm going to contradict myself and totally agree. When I search for a 4TB HD, I only want 4TB HDs, not 250GB drives. They need to improve their search engine.

With all the incentives and mostly items are prime, the wounds from the $20 increased is slowly healing. Now if they can expand the same day shipping to where I am, I'd be gladly to re-new my membership. Sometimes it's about retaining customers and this is one of amazon's agenda.

Are you paying Sales Tax? If not, then be careful what you ask for. Same Day delivery means you are paying sales tax on every order.

Are you paying Sales Tax? If not, then be careful what you ask for. Same Day delivery means you are paying sales tax on every order.

I use Amazon much less now since they started collecting taxes here last year. Unless its something I can't find locally or can wait, I just pick it up local now, with a pricematch.

I use Amazon much less now since they started collecting taxes here last year. Unless its something I can't find locally or can wait, I just pick it up local now, with a pricematch.

Your state is collecting the taxes, not Amazon. ;)

Those huge negative profit margins since it's inception that it's obviously chasing...

Weekend deliveries, no rush shipping credits, and now same day delivery for over $35 orders. Prime just keeps on getting better and better. There was a promotion earlier this year so I bought 3 years worth of membership at a much lower price instead of $99/yr. Then there is the no rush shipping credit that helps offset the cost of Prime. It is working out pretty well for the family.

I'm going to contradict myself and totally agree. When I search for a 4TB HD, I only want 4TB HDs, not 250GB drives. They need to improve their search engine.

You know there are filters on the left hand side right? Including an option for "4TB & Above" in the hard drive catagory? Including being able to filter by brand, rotational speed, physical size and can even filter by if the drive knows how to use a website....

Lo9NQRG

You know there are filters on the left hand side right? Including an option for "4TB & Above" in the hard drive catagory? Including being able to filter by brand, rotational speed, physical size and can even filter by if the drive knows how to use a website....

Lo9NQRG

Meh. Doesn't work that great. I have to do a ton of filtering to get close to what I'm looking for often, and it's still hard to compare apples to apples sometimes to insure I'm seeing the best deal they have to offer - stuff in different sub-departments, etc.

It's not atrocious, but compared to something like, Newegg, they're way behind.

But, they are pretty much the ONLY company in the WORLD that is giving good customer service..

I would disagree with this. Some other companies with great customer service...

Ace Hardware Store
Zappo's
Publix Supermarkets
Ace Hardware Stores.

I mention Ace TWICE because they deserve it. You just can't walk in that place without someone asking you if you need help.

Meh. Doesn't work that great. I have to do a ton of filtering to get close to what I'm looking for often, and it's still hard to compare apples to apples sometimes to insure I'm seeing the best deal they have to offer - stuff in different sub-departments, etc.

It's not atrocious, but compared to something like, Newegg, they're way behind.

Its the same as Newegg, IMOH even easier than Newegg....

Type in hard drives in the search field
Select filters (brand, 4TB+)
Select prime only (because why anything else?)
Results

Newegg's site is worse the few times ive used them.

Lo9NQRG

When i used it the other day, it really worked poorly. It's not even close to the quality of neweggs filters (and yet I tend to buy from Amazon more than newegg for some reason).

I would disagree with this. Some other companies with great customer service...

Ace Hardware Store
Zappo's
Publix Supermarkets
Ace Hardware Stores.

I mention Ace TWICE because they deserve it. You just can't walk in that place without someone asking you if you need help.

Heh. Zappos is owned by Amazon, so you're down to 2 companies and only one is in virtually every town/city I've lived in (Ace).

Back