Amazon - New PlayStation 3 80GB $399 FS

wow this is a good deal. are these the upgraded 40gb or the old 80gb which does what ps2 playback,etc.

upgraded. you won't find retailers selling the old ones anymore.

So is this going to be regular price then? Aren't the 160GB coming out at $500?

It's so confusing with all the hard drive sizes and backwards compatibilities....They should have just given them models like PS3+BC or something like that. I bet a lot of people are going to be pissed when they get it and it doesn't have backwards compatibility...

yes these are going to be the prices on the ps3's, they basically are getting rid of the 40 gig sku and adding a 80 gig for the same price. Nice.

It's so confusing with all the hard drive sizes and backwards compatibilities....They should have just given them models like PS3+BC or something like that. I bet a lot of people are going to be pissed when they get it and it doesn't have backwards compatibility...

I have the original 80GB and it only play like 3 of my games from PS2 so I wouldn't bet on it playing all of your old games.

I wish they would just price break it to $299 already, stop holding the $399 price point!

I paid $540 for mine (out the door price) but got 10 blue ray movies with it out the door at that price. Still, not a bad deal op.

Guys, this is not a deal. This is the normal price. The 40GB is discontinued, replaced by the same exact model with an 80GB HDD at the same $399 price. That's what this is.

The metal gear solid ones were the last ones to be I and II backwards compatable.
What are these new ones?
Don't come with the new controller do they?

They are the exact same as the 40GB ones except with a larger HDD and the Dualshock 3 controller. No one who buys it in person will get it confused with the old 80GB one as it clearly states on the box that it wont work with PS2 games however it still plays PS1 games (like anyone cares about that).

Back