Amazon Most Satisfying Website To Shop

i guess i dont get how searching is hard..

enter product
filter by sellers, usually choose Amazon.com myself
sort by price

done.

If amazon could match NewEgg's level of search filtering and product attribute tagging, they would put everyone out of business.

If it is tech related I always go to Newegg first, narrow my purchase requirements down then look for the full product names on Amazon and compare shop. Usually always Amazon gets my business. I never buy anything from Newegg I just use their website as a filtering tool.

Sounds like you're buying from third party merchants on amazon.

And the difference between 'third party merchants' and Amazon itself is precisely what?

Way back in 2001 I made some purchases on ebay. Had some Q's of the vendor. I am in The Twin Cities, he is in San Diego. We exchange emails. He provides a telephone contact number. I call. We chat. He was selling one cent shrink-wrapped PC vid games. He was more than happy to greatly reduce the per item S&H cost when making multiple purchases of same or similar items.

Five years later and he now has an Amazon 'third party' presence. Call him. Remind him of past S&H discount when ordering multiple items. Informs me that his relationship w/Amazon does not allow him such flexibility. Maybe he was blowing smoke, but I doubt it.

So there's that. Besides which, where is the fine print on the Amazon we site stating: "If we, Amazon, say we have the item, we, Amazon, have the item. Third party vendors may be out of stock."? If such disclosure is there, I've never seen it prominently displayed, so bad on me, even if such disclosure is buried somewhere I haven't yet looked.

I could say more, but will leave it at that.

http://www.amazon.ca/Microsoft-Wind...SW4I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1356648783&sr=8-2

They changed the name slightly

And the price still is the same fucked up nonsense making it look like a sale when it isn't
All boxed copies of Windows 8 are upgrade-only. When you buy the boxed "Windows 8" or "Windows 8 Pro" SKU from any retailer, it's going to be an upgrade-only SKU. Only the specially-labelled, unboxed System Builder edition offers a full install option.

Amazon could have had the foresight to describe the product more clearly in order to avoid customer grief, but Microsoft (and/or their distributors) supply the product name and description. So...not sure what to say here, other than that you neglected to sufficiently research the limitations of the product Amazon did not mislabel.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I like Amazon, but the Kindle Fire blows. Couldn't even use it without a CC! I gave one to my Nice with no credit!

So I had to get a Ruse card, and use it with $10 on it.

The only thing that annoys me from amazon is that their two day prime shipping no longer takes two days to arrive. It usually takes 3+ business days. I remember when I first got prime all orders took 2 days to arrive. Amazon shouldn't promise something they cannot deliver. Other than that minor gripe I still love amazon even though they now charge sales tax in my state.

And the difference between 'third party merchants' and Amazon itself is precisely what?

Way back in 2001 I made some purchases on ebay. Had some Q's of the vendor. I am in The Twin Cities, he is in San Diego. We exchange emails. He provides a telephone contact number. I call. We chat. He was selling one cent shrink-wrapped PC vid games. He was more than happy to greatly reduce the per item S&H cost when making multiple purchases of same or similar items.

Five years later and he now has an Amazon 'third party' presence. Call him. Remind him of past S&H discount when ordering multiple items. Informs me that his relationship w/Amazon does not allow him such flexibility. Maybe he was blowing smoke, but I doubt it.

So there's that. Besides which, where is the fine print on the Amazon we site stating: "If we, Amazon, say we have the item, we, Amazon, have the item. Third party vendors may be out of stock."? If such disclosure is there, I've never seen it prominently displayed, so bad on me, even if such disclosure is buried somewhere I haven't yet looked.

I could say more, but will leave it at that.

Third party merchants can get in trouble if they do this too many times. But there are a few bad merchants in the system that will sell fake products, especially flash memory or cologne. I suspect your merchant was posting a cheap price they found on ebay with a small markup and canceled after they couldn't get it at that price, which is against the seller terms. I always try to buy directly from Amazon or "fulfilled by amazon" because they have a no cost to return or replacement policy if you're not satisfied.

I love buying from Amazon. I love their customer service, I love their selection, and I love Prime.

But actually trying to use the website to find a product is an exercise in futility. Amazon is really only useful if I already know what I want to buy. Browsing and searching are completely worthless. I'll typically browse at Newegg, Bestbuy.com, or some other site to actually figure out which product I want to buy, then head to Amazon to check the price on those specific products.

i guess i dont get how searching is hard..

enter product
filter by sellers, usually choose Amazon.com myself
sort by price

done.

You can't find everything you want that way.. I just did a search using the method you described... hp zr2440w is the monitor I was looking for. 3rd party vendors sell it but amazon doesn't.

You can't find everything you want that way.. I just did a search using the method you described... hp zr2440w is the monitor I was looking for. 3rd party vendors sell it but amazon doesn't.

really? I put "zr2440w" in the general search bar and it's the very first thing that came up...:rolleyes:

Sure amazon doesn't sell it themselves but it showed who did.

really? I put "zr2440w" in the general search bar and it's the very first thing that came up...:rolleyes:

Sure amazon doesn't sell it themselves but it showed who did.

:rolleyes: no one ever said that 3rd party vendors "sell out" then raise the price when it's "back in stock" the next day either huh?

I know how much the [H] crew likes amazon but the one thing that drives me nuts is shipping prices. The free super saver shipping is horribly slow (5-8 days) and if you want to upgrade to better shipping its expensive compared to others. Just as an example i was going to order my new case and video card from amazon but standard 3 day shipping was $38... Newegg was $20... so i check tiger direct after not shopping there in years and they had 3 day shipping for free on top of that they even offered overnight for $29...

So i got my stuff for less money than amazon and newegg with overnight shipping so the holiday dont screw me. Was very surprised, now to see what kind of hell awaits me with the MIRs.

I always stick to Prime, if they don't have it on Prime I probably don't really need it. Unless it's something obscure. Usually Prime shipping on the price of the product is cheaper than buying it from somebody else with regular shipping.

Back