Amazon Kindle/Fire $50 off, PaperWhite/HDX $75 Off *Restrictions*

Thanks to LurkerLito for the tip about clicking the ad for the Fire HDX in the upper right. Until I did that, I didn't see the promo.

Good point, I didn't have the promo right away either. I had to click on a few things and go back to the homepage before I saw it. Also I definitely never received an email telling me about this offer.

Last edited:
Just for closure, here's the official letter I got from Amazon. It is what it is :) Some got lucky, some didn't !

Hello,

I'm sorry, you are concerned about getting the discount for purchasing the Kindle device from your account.

First of all, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you thus far. I do understand how frustrating this must have been to you. We value our customers' trust above all else--it is the foundation upon which Amazon.com was built.
The promotion was offered by invitation only to a limited group of customers, and is valid only for the e-mail addresses to which it was sent. We regret that we cannot extend this offer to other customers.

I don't have any additional information about the rules and restrictions for this promotion. Our Marketing & Promotions team reached out to these customers with this offer. We consistently offer daily deals on Kindle content and accessories in the Kindle Store and work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry. You're welcome to visit the Kindle Store on our website to browse other great deals we're having. I appreciate your feedback and your continued loyalty.

You're welcome to visit the Kindle Store on our website to browse other great deals we're having. I appreciate your feedback and your continued loyalty.
In the meantime, you may be interested in visiting the Kindle Store for great deals everyday:

http://www.amazon.com/kindlestore

We value all of our customers highly, and appreciate your loyalty. I hope you'll be able to take advantage of one of our future promotions.

We occasionally offer promotional certificates to potential customers or to select existing customers, to encourage them to shop at Amazon.com.

In the meantime, you may wish to visit other areas of our website for great deals everyday:

-- Our Outlet store offers special bargains on a wide variety of products:

http://www.amazon.com/outlet

-- Today's Deals gives you the latest sales, rebates, and limited-time offers:

http://www.amazon.com/todaysdeals

You can view the restrictions for this promotion here:

http://www.amazon.com/promos/

We value all of our customers highly, and appreciate your loyalty. I hope you'll be able to take advantage of one of our future promotions.

In addition to our large selection, one of the benefits we try very hard to offer our customers is convenience.

We would never want to lose a valued customer like you and we always endeavor to assist our customer with the best of our service. It is certainly not our intention for our customers to have anything but a pleasant experience using Kindle.

However, this is something that we need to take serious consideration for change in how this process works.
I've personally forwarded your concern to our Marketing and promotions team. Its very rare that we receive a feedback like yours, even though we have a dedicated team working relentlessly to implement the feedback we receive.

As I've forwarded your feedback to our Marketing and promotions team, they were very happy and assured that they'll work hard to implement your suggestions as we plan our future improvements. Customer feedback like yours helps us in our endeavor to improve the service we provide, and we're glad you took time to contact us.

If you have any queries or If you feel that we can be of any further help, please write your feedback to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist and ensure that the issue is resolve to the fullest of your satisfaction.

If you need additional assistance or have further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Through chat or phone, we can try some real-time troubleshooting to ensure you are given the best solution.

I realize that at this time asking you to contact us again might be inconvenient, however, we would really like to assist you better.

Please do contact us again at:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/kindle-help.html

We're also happy to help you over the phone. Visit our Help pages (http://www.amazon.com/help), click the "Contact Us" button, enter your phone number through the Phone tab, and we'll call you.

Here's how:

1. Visit www.amazon.com/kindlesupport.

2. Click the orange color "Contact Us" button on the main Amazon Help page.

3. Please sign in into your account.

4. Click the "Call us" button from ‘How would you like to contact us’ after the appropriate issue selection.

5. For Call us, select your country and enter your phone number in the window. Choose a time frame ("Right Now" or "In 5 minutes") and click "Submit." We'll call you right back!

Here are our customer service phone numbers:

- U.S. and Canada: 1-866-216-1072

- International: 1-206-266-2992

- Kindle Support U.S. and Canada: 1-866-321-8851

- Kindle Support International: 1-206-266-0927

We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
Dinesh K.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hello,

I understand you're disappointed as you do not qualify for the $75 discount off the kindle paper white.

I'd like to inform you that we occasionally offer promotional certificates to potential customers or to select existing customers, to encourage them to shop at Amazon.com. This promotion was offered by invitation only to a limited group of customers, and is valid only for the e-mail addresses to which it was sent.

However, as a one time exception, in appreciation of your valuable business to Amazon.com, I'd request you to go ahead and place an order for the Kindle paper white device and then let us know the Order number, we'll honor the appropriate discount.

Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated in this matter.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ha This is what I got from them after I sent this: I am disappointed that I do not qualify for the $75 discount off the Kindle Paper white. The last time this promotion happened I did not qualify and I bought a Barnes and Noble Nook HD+ tablet instead.
Although the HD+ is a great tablet I have been looking at getting an E-Ink reader for reading books. I enjoy using the Amazon app store on my Android phone and would like to get an e-reader to cross utilize the appstore between my phone and e-reader.

I am currently undecided between the Paperwhite and the Nook Glowlight. I already have the Nook HD+ and several books from the B&N store but I would be swayed to purchase kindle books for a Paperwhite if I could qualify for the $75 discount.

Just ordered a paperwhite :D

It's incredible to think that the original kindle price was $400 and now you can get the same functionality for $20.

In for one Paperwhite. Prime member for... 5 years or so? Don't currently own a Kindle.

Wow, offer available to me. SO TEMPTED.

Edit: Hm, I navigated off main page and went back & offer doesn't show up anymore.
Edit 2: Found it. Got the fire HD (non-hdx) for my son for $89.

Should be good enough. He goes through tablets like diapers so we prefer to spend under $100.

He already dropped my wifes tablet (TF300T) on it's corner & cracked it.
My wife bought a generic/crappy/slow tablet in Brazil for $150'ish US (ARRRRRRRRRGH STUPID BRAZIL TAXES) and she broke that one.
This is the "new" one.

edit 3: It also looks like there are TWO offers.

HDX/paperwhite = offer 1
HD/kindle = Offer 2

I ordered the HD and coupon applied & ordered.
I then tried to order another HD -- > coupon doesn't work, but If I try to order an hdx/paper white, I can then apply the hdx/paperwhite coupon and that owrks fine, even though i ordered an hd.

Last edited:
Wish I could find this offer too. I have several kindles in the house and my wife really wants a new Paperwhite, so I've been hunting for a deal on one. :(

I really wish I knew how they allocated these offers, because I have never gotten a single one and I've been a loyal customer for years.

I didn't get any email about it, but I do see the banner at the top of the page. Prime Student member, don't own a kindle. Recently bought a few physical books... maybe that has something to do with it?

Never got e-mail, went to Amazon and saw this ad:

BAPzLY5.jpg

Saw this bar underneath the "compare kindles" area of the screen:

Exclusively for you: Get $75 off Kindle Paperwhite ($119 -> $44) or Kindle Fire HDX ($229 -> $154), or $50 off Kindle ($69 -> $19) or Kindle Fire HD ($139 -> $89). Limited-time offer.

Never got e-mail, went to Amazon and saw this ad:

BAPzLY5.jpg

Saw this bar underneath the "compare kindles" area of the screen:

Exclusively for you: Get $75 off Kindle Paperwhite ($119 -> $44) or Kindle Fire HDX ($229 -> $154), or $50 off Kindle ($69 -> $19) or Kindle Fire HD ($139 -> $89). Limited-time offer.

Yep, that's what LurkerLito tried out and it worked for him and then I tried it out and it worked for me.

... Thanks for pasting the picture though lol. Just in case anyone needed further instruction.

I didn't get an email but I had the same ad as Bone Enterprise on the homepage. Picked up an HDX even though I have a '13 Nexus 7. It'll make a nice gift for someone this year.

Yeah, as I said after clicking that same graphic, the only "exclusive offer" I have is to pay monthly rather than all at once. No discount whatsoever.

I've purchased multiple Kindle's over the years, HD Fire x 3, and a HDX 7" x 1.

I'd buy another HDX 7" at that price in a heartbeat.

This is just so wrong..... I've been wanting one, but damn it all to hell, if I'm gonna buy one now, if I don't get some kind of discount. All I get is the pay monthly thing, and I pretty much never bought anything where I would be "paying it off" over time.

I picked up a paperwhite for Ikasu, but it looks like the $50 off and $75 off can be used separate. So if someone wants the Fire HD for $89 or Kindle for $19 shoot me a PM. If you are willing to provide Amazon payments for the complete cost up front, I'll buy it with the balance and ship it directly to you.

First come first serve if I get multiple PMs.

EDIT: Gone

Thanks for posting that it works for both the $75 coupon and $50 coupon. Got a paper white and regular kindle (both with adds) for $65 total. Heck of a deal!

I just want to thank Viper for letting me use his promotion. He just placed an order for the Paperwhite for me ^_^. So stoked...Been so lazy to read on my kindle since I rearranged my room and don't have a lamp by my bed anymore. That light up display is going to make all the difference ^_^...

Thanks again =D.

I just want to thank Viper for letting me use his promotion. He just placed an order for the Paperwhite for me ^_^. So stoked...Been so lazy to read on my kindle since I rearranged my room and don't have a lamp by my bed anymore. That light up display is going to make all the difference ^_^...

Thanks again =D.

No problem... I dunno what made me special but I'm happy to help someone else get a use out of the promotion. It's a pretty damn good deal for those eligible.

Decided to jump. Got the Kindle 4 and the Paperwhite 2 for $63 total.

Just wondering why none of you are going for the ad-free versions. I mean I know the ad-free versions' price increase makes the discounts less substantial percentage-wise... but still. Does no one here care about the ads? I know they're not substantial, but I don't want a device that has ads on it. So I picked up the ad-free kindle for 40 bucks instead of taking the ad one for 19.

Was thinking about the paperwhite but decided it would be more economical to just get an extra light if I needed it. Plus I don't like reading on straight white. I like the brownish tint of the original. Might get a paperwhite for a friend though or something (or look at both of them and keep the one I like most hehe).

Just wondering why none of you are going for the ad-free versions. I mean I know the ad-free versions' price increase makes the discounts less substantial percentage-wise... but still. Does no one here care about the ads? I know they're not substantial, but I don't want a device that has ads on it. So I picked up the ad-free kindle for 40 bucks instead of taking the ad one for 19.

Well being that myself personally would be rooting and ROMing the thing if I bought one, thus making the ads go away in the process, I would rather save the money versus paying more for something that would be wiped anyways.

I believe they have had ads that were very good deals randomly, plus I'd take an ad over the stupid pictures on my 2nd generation kindle any day. It's not like there is an ad scrolling at the bottom of the page.

Just wondering why none of you are going for the ad-free versions. I mean I know the ad-free versions' price increase makes the discounts less substantial percentage-wise... but still. Does no one here care about the ads? I know they're not substantial, but I don't want a device that has ads on it.

The ads are often exclusive discounts on Amazon stuff not available to people without a Kindle. If you have Prime, buying something from an ad once a year or every other year can easily outweigh the ads. The best deal so far has been an amazing discount on HDTVs several years ago that SlickDeals went completely nuts over. This thread itself is proof that Amazon's deals are often amazing and that anything you can do to increase access to them is probably a good move if you like buying from them.

In addition, if you jailbreak the device or flash a custom ROM, you can easily get rid of the ads. Not a whole lot of point in paying Amazon extra money for something you can do yourself if you are interested and capable. This potentially voids the warranty if you mess up and brick it, but if you just need service on the unit, you can easily flash it back to stock before sending it in.

Also, you can always pay $15 on Amazon at any time to remove the ads officially and it applies on your unit instantly. Better to get the one with ads and then remove them through the method of your choice than not have the opportunity to check out the deals at all, IMO.

Damn, no love for me. My wife wants a Paperwhite and I was considering getting her one for Mother's Day. If someone qualifies and doesn't want to take advantage, I'd love to team up to get one.

The ads are often exclusive discounts on Amazon stuff not available to people without a Kindle. If you have Prime, buying something from an ad once a year or every other year can easily outweigh the ads. The best deal so far has been an amazing discount on HDTVs several years ago that SlickDeals went completely nuts over. This thread itself is proof that Amazon's deals are often amazing and that anything you can do to increase access to them is probably a good move if you like buying from them.

In addition, if you jailbreak the device or flash a custom ROM, you can easily get rid of the ads. Not a whole lot of point in paying Amazon extra money for something you can do yourself if you are interested and capable. This potentially voids the warranty if you mess up and brick it, but if you just need service on the unit, you can easily flash it back to stock before sending it in.

Also, you can always pay $15 on Amazon at any time to remove the ads officially and it applies on your unit instantly. Better to get the one with ads and then remove them through the method of your choice than not have the opportunity to check out the deals at all, IMO.

Pretty sure the middle paragraph is either walking the grey line or illegal. First paragraph is a good point, I didn't know that the ads were only for kindle... but at the same time I don't want them to be forced on me. It could lead to spending I would have otherwise not done.... and wait why are they charging less to have the ads removed than they do to get the ad free from the getgo? =_=;

Are they saying I would have seen 5$ worth of ads no matter how long I had the device?

Just wondering why none of you are going for the ad-free versions.

So far I've only noticed the ads on the lock screen. I don't really care what's on the lock screen. Later, if I decide the ads are too annoying, I can pay the $15 to have them removed.

As much as I love Amazon their arbitrary customer service annoys the hell out of me. Why some people qualify for offers or get price matched for things while others don't is beyond me. I wish they were more equal in terms of offers and support.

As much as I love Amazon their arbitrary customer service annoys the hell out of me. Why some people qualify for offers or get price matched for things while others don't is beyond me. I wish they were more equal in terms of offers and support.

Yeah, I'm adding a Kindle to my wishlist so this shit doesn't happen to me again the next time they offer it :p

They can't afford to sell everyone a Kindle for $19. If they could, then the Kindle would just cost $19. They have to at least use some basic analytics to try and determine if the person buying the device is likely to consume enough additional content to make it worth giving them a device at a price close to cost. I don't know what their methodology is, but it would be foolish for them to offer this price to everyone in the world. If they're going to cut pricing this much, it has to be a targeted offer.

I was able to visit and "apply promotion" on both the landings for the $50 off page as well as for the $75 off page and was able to place two separate orders (one for a kindle, one for a kindle paperwhite). As for the targeting...I'm a Prime Student member but spent around 8,000 on Amazon last year and have purchased amazon video/ebooks from Amazon in the past. Not sure what their methodology was for the targeting, perhaps having looked at multiple books available in kindle format recently played a role.

Deal is now dead and some of the devices have changed pricing. Paperwhite is now $99, 6 inch standard Kindle is now $49.

Deal is now dead and some of the devices have changed pricing. Paperwhite is now $99, 6 inch standard Kindle is now $49.

Interesting... Amazon has a general policy that they will match their own price within 7 days of an order. I wonder if that policy excludes items when a promotional code has been used.

Might be worth a try if someone wants to save another twenty dollars.

Back