Amazon Kindle/Fire $50 off, PaperWhite/HDX $75 Off *Restrictions*

Ikasu

[H]ard|Gawd
Not eligible. They must have some weird restrictions set up on this one.

Yea. I know some prime members that don't have access, yet others that do. So it's weird. Not sure if prime is 100% required though.

I don't think it is related to prime at all. I wonder if it has to do with whether you have a kindle linked to your account or not, or something to do with the Appstore, or something else weird. I have several various Kindles so maybe they figure I (obviously) don't need incentives to buy them so they won't give me the deal.

Nope. We have Prime AND we don't have a single Kindle and we still don't get the deal. So it seems to be random. On a side note we've also been passed up for every single one of these deals that has surfaced. Shrug.

Nope. We have Prime AND we don't have a single Kindle and we still don't get the deal. So it seems to be random. On a side note we've also been passed up for every single one of these deals that has surfaced. Shrug.

And I have Prime and a kindle and I don't get the deal either, was wanting to get a whitepaper when I saw this one on slick deals, clicked the link and thought "wtf?"

The deal worked for me, it was good timing I've been wanting a paperwhite for a while.

Just a note, the price cut doesn't show up until you checkout, and it works for both "special offers" and "no special offers" versions.

Yeah doesn't look like I qualify either, the offer isn't showing up on the homepage.

Don't own Prime or a Kindle, but I would definitely buy an HDX at that price in a heartbeat. A shame.

Well, at least one person was able to get it. At that price it's hard to beat, I've been trying to get a paperwhite for a while now >_<.

And I have Prime and a kindle and I don't get the deal either, was wanting to get a whitepaper when I saw this one on slick deals, clicked the link and thought "wtf?"

I guess you didn't read this part of the slickdeals thread:

****CHECK THE AMAZON HOME PAGE. DON'T DEPEND ON THE LINKS IN THIS THREAD TO TELL YOU IF YOU QUALIFY. IF YOU SEE THE AD, YOU QUALIFY!. IT SHOULD BE RIGHT UNDER THE SEARCH BAR.

I'm not sure if that link in the thread is a referral link that may exclude the deal.

Scored a Paperwhite w/out ads for the wife with this deal. Thanks for pointing it out!

Long Long time Prime Member, spend about $5k a year on Amazon, customer from the very beginning, have purchased multiple kindles.

And I apparently don't qualify.

I'd love to know who the hell does.

I didn't see the add on the main page, but when I clicked the add for a "Kindle Fire HDX from $229" that was at the top right of the page, I see this banner:

Exclusively for you: Get $75 off Kindle Paperwhite ($119 $44) or Kindle Fire HDX ($229 $154), or $50 off Kindle ($69 $19) or Kindle Fire HD ($139 $89). Limited-time offer.

I am a recent prime member and do not own any kindle products.

I qualified. Two year plus Prime member and I buy from amazon.com regularly. In for one Fire HDX 7" at $154.

I chatted with Amazon. Here's how it went:

Me:I'm hearing of a special deal for Kindle PaperWhites for $44, but I can't seem to find it.

Dinesh:Currently a discount of $75.00 off is available for Kindle paperwhite and this offers is available only to a limited group of customers. Our Marketing & Promotions team reached out to these customers with this offer via email and is valid only for the e-mail addresses to which it was sent. We regret that we cannot extend this offer to other customers.

Me:Wow.
I'm an Amazon customer from the beginning, long time Prime Member, and spend a ton per year at Amazon. Plus I'm a multi-kindle customer.
If I can't qualify for a special deal, who can?

Dinesh:I'm sorry to hear that you have not received the promotional offers. I don't have any additional information about the rules and restrictions for this promotion. At this point, I'll forward your concern to our Marketing & Promotions team. They will contact you via email in 1-2 business days with more details.

Me:Ok. Thanks. Have a nice day :)

Got a paperwhite for $44 :)

FYI, I didn't get the promo on the main Amazon page. I had to click on the small box that said "Kindle HDX from 229 Shop Now", then when that brought me to the page with the kindle HDX info and then it put a small orange bar on the page that let me get the discount. For the record, I am a prime subscriber, and have previously looked into buying a Paperwhite so have visited the paperwhite page in the past. Not sure what the requirements are to get the deal, maybe it's random, but maybe it helped if you have a kindle paperwhite or HDX in your browsing history. And lastly make sure Amazon knows it's you, if it doesn't say "<your name>'s Amazon.com" on the top of the page, login first because it looks like the deal is given out to specific people.

Yeah this is the second time I haven't been able to take advantage of a Kindle sale. I'm trying to buy your product, Amazon, but you won't let me!!!! *headtodesk*

I guess I don't qualify. The only "offer" I'm getting is being able to pay off a Kindle over a 4 month period. Oh well, I was going to pick up another Paperwhite if I qualified for the promo.

5 year Prime member btw.

Sweet deal. You can get both the $50 off and the $75 off deal on the same account. Thinking of grabbing both a regular Kindle for $19 and a Paperwhite for $44.

Thanks, OP.

The Fire HDX seems cool until you find out they don't have a root/unlocked bootloader for it. >< It'd be an awesome little tablet for vanilla Android, if it wasn't locked down so much.

The Fire HDX seems cool until you find out they don't have a root/unlocked bootloader for it. >< It'd be an awesome little tablet for vanilla Android, if it wasn't locked down so much.

Yeah, I got in on it last time they had a deal like this and ended up selling it due to this reason. I like being able to download stuff from Prime but the crazy DRM for that isn't worth the tablet being completely locked down.

At least with the non-Fire Kindles you know what you are getting up front: a device to read books on and not a whole lot else.

Prime member and got the discount. $64 for paper white with no "special offers".

Got a paperwhite for $44 :)

FYI, I didn't get the promo on the main Amazon page. I had to click on the small box that said "Kindle HDX from 229 Shop Now", then when that brought me to the page with the kindle HDX info and then it put a small orange bar on the page that let me get the discount. For the record, I am a prime subscriber, and have previously looked into buying a Paperwhite so have visited the paperwhite page in the past. Not sure what the requirements are to get the deal, maybe it's random, but maybe it helped if you have a kindle paperwhite or HDX in your browsing history. And lastly make sure Amazon knows it's you, if it doesn't say "<your name>'s Amazon.com" on the top of the page, login first because it looks like the deal is given out to specific people.

Oh this actually worked for me. Do you folks know how the Paperwhite and regular Kindle compare? Also, I can convert epub and pdf to them and use them on there, right (with Calibre I think)?

Oh, and I'd be willing to sell my 7" HDX 16G/Wifi for $125 (shipped). Shoot me a PM.

Doesn't look like I'm eligible. A shame because I've been looking at Kindle Fires lately thinking about getting a tablet. I guess being a long-term Prime member with a Kindle on the account doesn't mean shit.

The only "exclusive offer" I have access to is being able to pay in monthly installments. :rolleyes:

Doesn't look like I'm eligible. A shame because I've been looking at Kindle Fires lately thinking about getting a tablet. I guess being a long-term Prime member with a Kindle on the account doesn't mean shit.

The only "exclusive offer" I have access to is being able to pay in monthly installments. :rolleyes:

I wonder if it's actually something they're offering to people that do not have Kindles already. Up until this deal I've just had the Paperwhite sitting in a wishlist for something like a year now.

I'm not sure why all the bitching and moaning about not 'qualified'.

Amazon obviously set parameters for who could qualify, and if you don't you don't... why you think you deserve a discount because others received it is beyond me.

I'm not sure why all the bitching and moaning about not 'qualified'.

Amazon obviously set parameters for who could qualify, and if you don't you don't... why you think you deserve a discount because others received it is beyond me.

The only one bitching in here is you ;)

And as far as 'parameters', it just looks random to me.

The only one bitching in here is you ;)

And as far as 'parameters', it just looks random to me.

Pretty much this.

I really don't care that I don't qualify. I would have bought another Paperwhite if I could have gotten it for $44, but I don't really need it or anything. I threw my Prime membership status in my previous post because people were thinking that eligibility might have something to do with that. The more comments I read (both here and on SD), the more I think that eligibility is completely random.

In for a $44 Paperwhite, thanks!

FYI you can pay after the fact to get Special Offers off the devices. If you buy one with Special Offers, it isn't locked like that forever.

Pretty much this.

I really don't care that I don't qualify. I would have bought another Paperwhite if I could have gotten it for $44, but I don't really need it or anything. I threw my Prime membership status in my previous post because people were thinking that eligibility might have something to do with that. The more comments I read (both here and on SD), the more I think that eligibility is completely random.

Same here. Don't need it, but for $44 I'll get one and put it on my Gun bench and keep all my Gun related stuff on it.

I got the ad-free normal Kindle for 40 bucks. I thought about the paperwhite, but ultimately decided it wasn't worth the extra 30 bucks for it. Book lights exist pretty cheap. From what I've read you can convert epub and everything to the Kindle format using Calibre, so it'll be worth it for the little money I pay. I mainly want something to read long term on.

Thanks to LurkerLito for the tip about clicking the ad for the Fire HDX in the upper right. Until I did that, I didn't see the promo.

Back