Amazon Key Flaw Could Let Rogue Deliverymen Disable Your Camera

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Security researchers have demonstrated that with a simple program run from any computer in Wi-Fi range, Amazon’s internet-enabled camera Cloud Cam, designed to reassuringly record every Key delivery, can be disabled and frozen. A viewer watching its live or recorded stream sees only a closed door, even as their actual door is opened and someone slips inside.

While the threat of a camera-hacking courier seems an unlikely way for your house to be burgled, the researchers argue it potentially strips away a key safeguard in Amazon's security system. When WIRED brought the research to Amazon's attention, the company responded that it plans to send out an automatic software update to address the issue later this week.

I have Amazon Echo, that's one thing. But I'll be god damned if I am letting anyone in my house while I am not home.

Reminds me of the old joke. "I used to be a Home Security System sales person -- was pretty good at it too. When folks weren't home, I'd just leave a brochure on their kitchen table."

No. This is a horrible idea. Maybe I could use a lockbox or something, but not direct access to my house.

HA!!! That's all I want to say after arguing the possibility of this in the other thread. :p

You have to ask.Trump is in office isn't enough for you to realize. Look at how many people buy EA games!

Based on the population areas where the service is live, can pretty much guarantee that the people using the service are the opposite of the people voting for Trump. In addition, the only people buying EA games are 'poor' college students with student loans to pay for loot boxes, so again, not people voting for Trump.

Nice try, though.

Back