Amazon is selling Comcast internet services.

Not available in my area (despite being a Comcast customer). Interesting option, though.

It said not available in my area too, but when I switched off of 2 year contract to no contract then it gave me pricing (and the rebate card disappears). Pricing looks to be more or less normal pricing, though I noticed they exclude not just taxes but cable box and modem fees too.

Reactions: Nobu
like this
Why would the partner with one of the worst companies in existance from a customer service / rape your wallet standpoint? Someone greased palms.

Am I one of the few who does not feel this way? I've had comcast internet at 3 locations with absolutely not a problem.
I've had a few business locations without Comcast service and they're terrible.. Microwave internet anyone?

Why would the partner with one of the worst companies in existance from a customer service / rape your wallet standpoint? Someone greased palms.
My guess is this is essentially Comcast opening a storefront on Amazon and who is Amazon to turn down free money?

comcast service is fine as long as you dont need great up time and as long as they keep limits off.

Issues i have with the company is:
1 metering (surrently suspended
2 shady business practices
3 they partner with hollywood and other BS organizations
4 shady billing in some regards
5 bad privacy policy and dont fight for consumers...they dont give a fuck about customers
6 IIRC but dont quote me....they were part of NSA programs right? like AT&T and version
7 i am sure there is more but these are off my brain

My biggest complaint is the additional charges that they add a few times a year so not to increase the advertised price but to squeeze more money out of the consumer.

This is amazing for seeing prices, trying to see prices on Comcast site is like jumping through hoops if you want to figure out the different pricing options.

My biggest complaint is the additional charges that they add a few times a year so not to increase the advertised price but to squeeze more money out of the consumer.

what do you mean?

This is amazing for seeing prices, trying to see prices on Comcast site is like jumping through hoops if you want to figure out the different pricing options.

every place is like that for the most part....shady.

The increased fees is more a part of their cable package although for awhile I was charged rent on my cable modem that I owned. I had to go through multiple support channels to get that removed.

Am I one of the few who does not feel this way? I've had comcast internet at 3 locations with absolutely not a problem.
I've had a few business locations without Comcast service and they're terrible.. Microwave internet anyone?
As long as you don't have issues comcast is great, at my house it goes out maybe once a year for an hour. And I pretty much always get my rated speed. When I have to call them though its a total pain. They once ran a new line across our lawn in the middle of winter. I have no idea why, every thing was working fine before, they said they would come back in spring and bury it. They never came back. I had to call them 8 times and roughly 30 min each call to get them to bury the line. Every call they promised someone would call me back and set up an appointment to bury the line. No one ever called back. They finally just showed up one day and buried it.

As long as you don't have issues comcast is great, at my house it goes out maybe once a year for an hour. And I pretty much always get my rated speed. When I have to call them though its a total pain. They once ran a new line across our lawn in the middle of winter. I have no idea why, every thing was working fine before, they said they would come back in spring and bury it. They never came back. I had to call them 8 times and roughly 30 min each call to get them to bury the line. Every call they promised someone would call me back and set up an appointment to bury the line. No one ever called back. They finally just showed up one day and buried it.
this is why comcast is crap.

calling them is a nightmare. I miss speakeasy :/ they had good service overall. Nothing to talk home about but i never bitched about it.

there was something else i was going to say but i am blanking :/ whatever Maybe it was calling for anything is a nightmare.....

My own fun story... had a 1 yr contract that came with free install free modem. 1yr later, new and different contract terms and they decided to start charging me for 'their modem', took until the 3rd CS dude to understand the idea that the hardware wasn't theirs anymore after the first contract was fulfilled.

They charged me rent for my own modem for a year before I noticed. It was extremely difficult to get them to refund me after dozens of calls / emails and tech support session some saying they were going to fix it only to get other replies changing the decision. At one point they wanted me to produce a receipt for a modem I had purchased 7 or years before even though it was a brand/model that they never ever used. After back and forth I finally did get the refund. It was a very frustrating experience.

They charged me rent for my own modem for a year before I noticed. It was extremely difficult to get them to refund me after dozens of calls / emails and tech support session some saying they were going to fix it only to get other replies changing the decision. At one point they wanted me to produce a receipt for a modem I had purchased 7 or years before even though it was a brand/model that they never ever used. After back and forth I finally did get the refund. It was a very frustrating experience.
there are laws that cover that as fraud and theft but specific laws for that enabling citizens to get refunded and penalties against companies that do that need to exist. Punitive damages need to be much higher for small issues like this. It'll make companies change real quick when punitive damages are not limited to 3x on small issues. If their was a cap of 3x/$10,000 which ever is greater would make companies quickly fix that and make suing for damages worth while.

business do this on purpose....fuckers

Back