Amazon Is Offering 2-Hour Booze Delivery in Certain Territories

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Of the 30-plus cities that currently have Prime Now, 12 of them are able to bring you beer, wine, and sometimes spirits in two hours or less: these areas include Chicago, Los Angeles, NYC, and Seattle. Prime members can get two-hour delivery for free or up the ante and get one-hour delivery for $7.99.

...slowly, Amazon is rolling out Prime Now booze delivery to more U.S. cities. The latest lucky recipient of alcohol delivery is none other than Amazon headquarter's Pacific Northwest neighbor, Portland, Oregon. Unlike other markets such as Seattle, which was the first to get alcohol delivery via Prime Now back in 2015, and Manhattan, which just got Prime Now alcohol delivery this past June, Portland can only order beer and wine, and not spirits, through the service.

Waiting for someone to ship 10 cases of wine here:

475 Riverside Drive at West 120th St. - 11th Floor
New York, NY 10115
(212) 870-3400

Instacart app has been doing this for at least a year. I've ordered liquor and beer from specs right across the street. Too bad they don't deliver cigarettes yet.

Somehow I don't think Cincinnati, Indiana is one of the places....

According to an Amazon representative, of the 30-plus cities that currently have Prime Now, 12 of them are able to bring you beer, wine and sometimes spirits in two-hours or less. The complete list is:

Cincinnati, IN
Chicago, IL
Columbus, OH
Los Angeles, CA
Minneapolis, MN
New York City, NY
Phoenix. AZ
Portland, OR
Richmond, VA
San Diego, CA
San Francisco Bay Area
Seattle, WA

The two day doesn't really mean shit as one can sober up and purchase a shopping cart full of alcohol in a typical 24 hour period. The 1 or 2 hour delivery for someone that tries to be good by only having a few drinks at home, but can then get a full bottle dropped at their door without driving in an hour. . .good luck with your sobriety :S

As far as convenience, everyone I know that makes enough money to have a decent taste in wines and liquors, but isn't a raging alcoholic already has a few dozen bottle at the ready in wine holders or a small liquor cabinet. I don't see how such a large market would really be their primary customer.

I only see this as profiteering off americas growing binge drinking phenomenom. As recently as last week it was concluded that essentially all demographics have increased their binge drinking episodes by as much as 50-100% in the last few years. The highest number occurring in Older Women and Black Minorities (As much as 90% increase).

As a recovering drug/alcoholic, the more chances at slipping up, the less likely your life expectancy is to normalize.

I live in Tokyo and have this as part of Prime Now service. Booze, food, electronics are all available with free 2-hour delivery or you can pay like 8 bucks and get 1-hour delivery. It's dangerous for the wallet though. One Saturday morning I decided I wanted to join the VR world. Knowing I could be using my Vive one hour later made it impossible to resist.

Waiting for someone to ship 10 cases of wine here:

475 Riverside Drive at West 120th St. - 11th Floor
New York, NY 10115
(212) 870-3400

The Interchurch Center. Yeah, that would make a few heads explode! No big loss, though.

Back