Amazon is having a Blizzard sale.

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Link to sale.

World of Warcraft is $10.
World of Warcraft Draenor is $30.

Starcraft II is $10.
Starcraft expansion Heart of the Swarm is $10.

Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls is $20.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
WoW still requires a paid subscription to play right? It amazes me that they can still charge for the software.

Why do they even sell old versions of WoW anymore? Having people on different versions is dumb. Just sell the most current version. I mean it made a little bit of sense back during the first expansion, but jeez we are several versions in now.

I would have bit on the 60 day card if it was on sale. I think its cool that Amazon is now selling the blizzard store gift card.

Why do they even sell old versions of WoW anymore? Having people on different versions is dumb. Just sell the most current version. I mean it made a little bit of sense back during the first expansion, but jeez we are several versions in now.

The base game includes all expansion except the most recent. So if you think of it, its exactly the same way it was during the first expansion.

It means if someone that hasnt played in years wants to get back into it, they still have to pay the $30-40 bucks on the current expansion, but not a barrier (think of some one buying 3 expansions at $30-40 each just to get current).

How come Amazon charges for Heroes of the Storm and on Battle.net its free?

How come Amazon charges for Heroes of the Storm and on Battle.net its free?

Did you read what comes with the starter pack on Amazon? I presume all the stuff in it isn't free if you simply DL the game.

Did you read what comes with the starter pack on Amazon? I presume all the stuff in it isn't free if you simply DL the game.

I read it, but that's it? I am not really a F2P person and didn't think they would release a free brawler...

Thanks for the info. Will give it a try.

I read it, but that's it? I am not really a F2P person and didn't think they would release a free brawler...

Thanks for the info. Will give it a try.

It just unlocks a few characters and gives you some cosmetics. Nothing worth paying for since unlocking characters takes about an hour a day for a week doing dailies.

I take it you quit before Cata.

yeah I started playing just when The Lich King came out. Seems like the expansions after that just seemed ok. I've bought and played all but Warlords. I might get back into it with the next expansion. If they offered 30 free days with it or Warlords for free I'd get back into it for a while. Just can't give even $30 for Warlords plus $15 for subscription to get started again.

But for anyone new to WoW $10 is a awesome deal seeing how you get all expansions but the latest and 30 days free play.

Not to mention that you can now buy game time with in-game gold, so in a very real way, it is almost "free-to-play" if you play it enough...

Is D3 RoS worth it? I've heard the updates made the game more enjoyable. I've haven't seen the expansion go lower than $20 so I am thinking might as well.

Is D3 RoS worth it? I've heard the updates made the game more enjoyable. I've haven't seen the expansion go lower than $20 so I am thinking might as well.

Yeah they fixed most of the problems that really plagued the original (useless items, too much random-ness, poor drop rates, unremarkable set bonuses, gold as a progress gate) but they were really slow with the 2.1 update so I think a lot of people dropped off.

For someone starting from scratch there's a lot of hours of enjoyment if you're willing to put the time in, I play for a few weeks every major patch then get bored again though once I complete whatever build and don't want to put the amount of time in to "get that perfect roll" to climb the leaderboards. In 2.3 the biggest bottleneck seems to be crafting mats for me.

I take it you quit before Cata.

I quit during Cataclysm, but I also played about 1/2 dozen of the "WoW killers" and none of them came close to the level of detail that WoW has (and no I'm not talking about graphics).

The base game includes all expansion except the most recent. So if you think of it, its exactly the same way it was during the first expansion.

It means if someone that hasnt played in years wants to get back into it, they still have to pay the $30-40 bucks on the current expansion, but not a barrier (think of some one buying 3 expansions at $30-40 each just to get current).

I liked the EQ model. First of all, their expansions were generally much cheaper than WoW, but more than that, if you didn't buy it when it came out, they'd often release a rollup of the original game and all expansions for 20 bucks.

I'd consider checking out all of Wow for 20 bucks, but I wouldn't pay much more than that.

How is the single player on Starcraft 2? Is it worth picking up just for it?

Last edited:
I quit during Cataclysm, but I also played about 1/2 dozen of the "WoW killers" and none of them came close to the level of detail that WoW has (and no I'm not talking about graphics).

Yeah, it's a bit hard for a new game to compete with another that has 10 years of content and optimization behind it along with millions of active users. Not impossible, though.

I wish a competent company would finally deliver a serious threat to WoW, but instead we get crap like TOR and Wildstar who don 't even seem to know what they're doing outside of copying WoW.

I simply REFUSE to play any subscription game out of principle. Since MMO's are not what I'm into, doesn't bother me one iota.

WoW can be free to play if you're able to make enough in-game gold. I have yet to pay for a month of subscription since I started playing in December.

Got the game for $5 when Amazon had it on sale, that came with 30 days of game time. I made enough to buy a 30 day token and have enough gold now to get more than 1.5 years worth of game-time. With the tokens I just quit after the 30 days and come back when I'm ready to play again. Keep making gold and keep buying tokens.

I bought HOTS but never even installed it. Still have to get through the WOL campaign first.

One of the few sales on amazon i've taken advantage of. Bought ROS, haven't played D3 since late 2012.

So HOTS single player is worth the 10 bucks ? Only really play the single player. Thanks

Definitely. Blizzard put a lot of effort into the single player mode. Whereas Starcraft I and Brood War was more or less just a collection of 60 custom maps, HOTS changes a lot of the actual gameplay for single player vs. multiplayer. Plus it's about as long as both SC + BW combined.

Unfortunately, only have the PC/Mac version of Diablo III...fortunately, got that for $25 for PS4 from amazon a few days ago--well, ordered it. It's back-ordered at that price. :/

If my brother hadn't gotten it for PS4, and I hadn't gotten my gently used PS4 for $170 on Amazon (Warehouse Deals), I might have gotten the PC version. Oh well. lol

WoW can be free to play if you're able to make enough in-game gold. I have yet to pay for a month of subscription since I started playing in December.

Got the game for $5 when Amazon had it on sale, that came with 30 days of game time. I made enough to buy a 30 day token and have enough gold now to get more than 1.5 years worth of game-time. With the tokens I just quit after the 30 days and come back when I'm ready to play again. Keep making gold and keep buying tokens.

Nice, I had no idea they implemented this. So how much gold does the token typically cost?

I bit on the heroes of the storm package. Luckily they had 1 from amazon warehouse deals. So it was $16 instead of $20.

Im sure Amazon sales never seem that amazing, maybe its just me

Back