Amazon - HIS Radeon HD 6970 2GB Video Card - $223 - $20 MIR = $203 (TEMP OOS)

showing OOS

Showing out of stock but you can still add it to the cart.

AMAZON said:
Temporarily out of stock.
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

after reading all the post on slick deals it might be a price mistake and probably wont be honored..

Yeah I'm taking the plunge, but if I don't get one oh well. Will be my first ATI card since my x1800XT if it does ship!

I'm expecting nothing more than a temporary hold on my credit card from this one. :p

It' doesn't seem to be a reference card. At least it doesn't have dual bios switch or backplate

Well i just placed my pre-order for BF3 with Amazon, it would be great if it does go through, so i can crossfire with my reference MSI 6970.

Must feed the BF3 chopper gunning machine :eek:

Seems this model is a revision 2 6970 based on the product reviews from Newegg. If that is true then the card will not have dual bios. What other limitation would there be?

The 'normal' price is 233; so as others said I thinik it is the wrong product or price mistake.

I have two 6950's coming from Newegg on Monday. Any idea if they'll waive a restocking fee if I order these and it actually does go through?

I have two 6950's coming from Newegg on Monday. Any idea if they'll waive a restocking fee if I order these and it actually does go through?

If you refuse the package, they won't charge a restock fee. At least, that's what I did a while back and they never hit me with one. However, if the package is delivered, whether or not you open it doesn't matter. You'll be stuck with the fee.

Ordered 2x, Egg is offering this for 310 AR - Exact same part number.

Figured that should last me a while :D, back to the flan blowers!

Hell yes, if this goes through i'll be a happy camper, ordered 2. For quite few weeks i was waiting for a great deal on high end GPU's.

Im happy with 1. I wasnt planning on a new build yet, but this may force me to, lol

Still cant get over how crazy this deal is, 6970XF for just over 400 bucks... INSANE!

DON'T LET ME DOWN AMAZON!

God, so tempted to put 3 on order...anyone have these rev.2 cards running under water?

Ordered one just for kicks. Any idea how long Amazon will take to let us know about the legitimacy?

Eh, what the hell, worse comes to worse they'll resell for at least the same (if not a little more) even if I don't end up using them. Here's hoping to see if this gets updated anytime soon.

Last time Amazon had something similar to this was MSI 580 GTX Lightning for $350. They cancelled almost all orders with a few lucky individuals actual got their shipment.

And I just bought a Sapphire 6970 for $330 - $30MIR last week. Good thing I haven't opened the box yet. We'll see what happens on these. FWIW I've asked before about "temporarily out of stock" items and IIRC they're just items they don't sell in volume and thus don't stock ... if they honor the price here, could be delivered pretty soon.

EDIT: Holy crap, not 2 minutes after ordering, it says "Available from these sellers" i.e. not from Amazon. Believe the deal is officially DEAD :(

In before the bitching and threats to sue for false advertising and throwing around terms like bait and switch.

And I just bought a Sapphire 6970 for $330 - $30MIR last week. Good thing I haven't opened the box yet. We'll see what happens on these. FWIW I've asked before about "temporarily out of stock" items and IIRC they're just items they don't sell in volume and thus don't stock ... if they honor the price here, could be delivered pretty soon.

EDIT: Holy crap, not 2 minutes after ordering, it says "Available from these sellers" i.e. not from Amazon. Believe the deal is officially DEAD :(

My order still says sold by Amazon LLC. :D

Calling BBB cuz I didn't get mine shipped out today! Totally Unacceptable!

On a serious note, don't cancel your orders. This isn't the first time amazon has done this. I remember the Asus 460 was cheap like this and they ended up cancellong those orders 1-2 months after. The 580 Lightning was a model error BUT they honored the price. If you can wait awhile them we have a decent chance at this, but don't keep your hopes up too high

Of course they'll waive restocking esp if you don't open them. Best practice is to refuse the shipment because then they'll automatically get returned with no restock. If UPS drops it and runs like my driver does, then get into online chat with customer service and say you need to return them and make sure there's no restock.

Newegg's restock practice is to basically hit anyone with it that doesn't request it be waived ahead of time, and you can usually get it waived after the fact as well.

Ordered one last night just after deal was posted. Will let you know if it goes through.

doesn't mean they'll fulfill it, they cancelled most of the GTX 580 Lightning orders even if they were sold by Amazon :p

Back