Amazon Fire TV Stick $19 for Prime Users 2 days only

They just charged my card but delivery date still says Dec 1st.

My first order just shipped and it was estimated for Nov 26, I think the December ones will ship early as well.

I was lucky enough to get an order in for one of these before it hit places like SD. I'm sure I was relatively early on in the order queue. That said, my original ETA was November 26th.. so my order did get bumped up a few days also. Hopefully everyone will get their stuff a bit earlier than expected.

I pre ordered 2 on 10/27 and both shipped this morning with a Friday delivery. Keeping one and gifting the other. Great deal I say!

Ordered 10/27, but mine still shows as 12/16 delivery date. Hopefully mine gets pushed back as well.

2 of Fire TV Stick
Order placed: October 27, 2014
Delivery estimate: Thursday, December 11, 2014 by 8pm

cool! Just got an email saying it's been shipped and I'll see it on Friday. My delivery estimate was 12/2

Got mine today, but I can't sign in, so it's pretty much unusable for me right now.

EDIT: Just got off the phone with FireTV support. It's a known issue they're going to need to end up patching. Lucky me.

Last edited:
Unsurprisingly, no activity on my tracking since it left Indiana on Tuesday. Probably rolled over in a ditch somewhere in Buffalo. Gotta love winter!

Ordered 10/27, says 12/4 now; swear it was late November last time. Hopefully it's a bit sooner, but as a splurge/no specific reason to buy it purchase, whatever.

Damn I just got mine, it's quick and the build quality and packaging are amazing, but I can't login to my account to complete the setup. It seems there is a software update that is not getting installed.

EDIT: I was able to fix it. It's basically timing out when it looks for an update (you need to update to be able to complete the initial setup or else you can't login to your Amazon account). What you have to do is connect to your wifi network and then when the update part times out and has you try to sign into your amazon account hit the "back" button to go back to the wifi selector then hit the Forward button to select your default wifi address. Do that multiple times until it finds the Software update and you see the progress bar moving. It took me about 7 tries.

Last edited:
Damn I just got mine, it's quick and the build quality and packaging are amazing, but I can't login to my account to complete the setup. It seems there is a software update that is not getting installed.

EDIT: I was able to fix it. It's basically timing out when it looks for an update (you need to update to be able to complete the initial setup or else you can't login to your Amazon account). What you have to do is connect to your wifi network and then when the update part times out and has you try to sign into your amazon account hit the "back" button to go back to the wifi selector then hit the Forward button to select your default wifi address. Do that multiple times until it finds the Software update and you see the progress bar moving. It took me about 7 tries.

This is the same thing I had to do. I can confirm this will work.

Got mine today. So far its nice. The interface is a little clumsy but everything works well. Twitch seems to work much better on the firestick than the chromecast. I'm satisfied.

I ordered two fire sticks across two orders. At 12:48 PM and 9:47 PM Pacific Time, I received notification that the delivery date moved from December 3rd to November 25th.

So mine originally weren't supposed to ship until early December. I got an email last night saying they would actually get shipped November 26th. Tonight I got an email saying they just shipped and will be delivered on Saturday. I guess there's less of a supply issue than they were expecting.

Mine arrived yesterday. It originally had a shipped by Dec 1 on my order list. Haven't tried it yet but will play with it this weekend.

(you need to update to be able to complete the initial setup or else you can't login to your Amazon account)

I'm worried that updating mine will make it harder to root, not sure how I feel about a mandatory update before I can even log into it. Might leave it in the box for a bit until the folks at XDA have more time to look into it.

Man I'm bummed. My order is officially two days late and hasn't been scanned since it was picked up. Amazon assures me it will come tomorrow (Saturday... nope) and won't do anything about it.

Anyone try out plex on this yet?

I'm worried that updating mine will make it harder to root, not sure how I feel about a mandatory update before I can even log into it. Might leave it in the box for a bit until the folks at XDA have more time to look into it.

You can sideload apps right now on the current firmware don't know about rooting and then just turn off auto updates.

Man I'm bummed. My order is officially two days late and hasn't been scanned since it was picked up. Amazon assures me it will come tomorrow (Saturday... nope) and won't do anything about it.

Anyone try out plex on this yet?

There was probably shipping delays with the east coast getting hammered by snow. Plex works great, it's fast and you can turn up the streaming quality to maximum for crazy quality.

There was probably shipping delays with the east coast getting hammered by snow. Plex works great, it's fast and you can turn up the streaming quality to maximum for crazy quality.

Yeah, I know... we got hammered with snow. But it's annoying that there is no update on the tracking at all for several days now. At least tell me it's delayed to weather so I know it's not lost somewhere.

Glad to hear Plex is working well on it. That's the only reason I purchased it.

Only disappointment with it so far is that the initial setup / update took like a half hour to complete. Other than that, pretty cool little device. It's nice having Dolby Digital for Netflix.

I got mine a few days ago. I jumped on the $19 deal as soon as I saw it and now I wish I had bought 2. It updates itself as soon as you plug it in but that's ok. I side loaded XBMC (kodi). I was able to map my NAS drives without any problem. It's a great little device. If you are worried about updates locking you out from side loading apps I would do it now and turn off the updates while it's still open. If it does get locked out later I'm sure people who disable the updates now will be selling them on eBay for a tidy profit as "unlocked" or "jailbroken" FireTV sticks. I went to Best Buy today and bought a second one for $25 since they are instock and on sale for $15 off. If your order is projected to be delivered later then you want just go to Staples or Best Buy this week and buy one now. You'll pay an extra $5 but that's still a really good deal for this thing and you can always return the one Amazon ships you to Best Buy/Staples when you get it.

Anyone who uses the twitch app, is there a way to get a higher quality broadcast?

Anyone who uses the twitch app, is there a way to get a higher quality broadcast?

I'm using Twitch on the FireTV (not the Fire Stick) There are no settings in the app to select higher quality streams.

BestBuy has the Fire TV Stick for $24.99 now.

I'm using Twitch on the FireTV (not the Fire Stick) There are no settings in the app to select higher quality streams.

BestBuy has the Fire TV Stick for $24.99 now.

I'm tempted to just go buy that. My Amazon shipment is going on six days late now.

Last edited:
My two sticks arrived today. One was set up so that I can demonstrate to my mother tomorrow. Allow a few minutes to download the firmware.

Updated mine, looked at the interface, was about all I had time for.

I want to hop on it and play around since it looks interesting. Reminded me of my HTPC running Windows Media Center connected to my network, instead this is connected to Amazon's Network

anyone get mirroring working on windows 8.1 , pops up as fire stick cell phone, but it never connects. The miracast works fine on my android phone to the fire stick

I went to BB last night and got one, since my ship date is still a few weeks out from Amazon. Well the unit works fine and the streaming seems to be equal to the chromecasts.

I don't like that I have to pay for a Plex app when they advertise it as a feature and I am a Plex pass lifetime subscriber. I'm wondering how many other features they list that are app purchases.

All in all though, I like the unit, I like the interface and remote. I like the fast forward and reverse jump speed. I'm not sold yet on replacing all 5 chromecasts though, not sure the jump is worth it. Maybe keep the one on the family TV and leave chromecasts everywhere else.

I don't like that I have to pay for a Plex app when they advertise it as a feature and I am a Plex pass lifetime subscriber. I'm wondering how many other features they list that are app purchases.

Sideload the google play store plex pass version if you don't want to spend the $4.99 or $1.99 when they put it on sale.

Latest apk's are in this thread: https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/60585-plex-for-android/

Most Amazon users will have spare coins to purchase it for free though, plus it's nice having it from the Amazon store so you can use it on your Kindles as well without sideloading.

Amazon has the plex app for free multiple times a year. I think its only $2 right now.

I'm liking it more than my Chromecast. I only need it one tv and have both on it at the moment. It's just easier to navigate the apps with a remote rather than stream from phone or pc. Picture quality is much better in my case as well. Especially using Plex, which had some issues streaming from phone and pc.

Back