Amazon Fire TV Stick $19 for Prime Users 2 days only

Thanks, ordered two.. One will be good for a christmas present the other will be great for another room for me!

The Stick will play movies just as well as a regular Fire TV despite the Stick's lower performance, correct?

I wonder if it has Miracast. If it doesn't I won't even think about replacing my Roku stick with it.

They suggest using the included HDMI extender and it also needs to be plugged into an outlet. Sounds like lots of wires. I'm disappointed as I thought it could be powered by the TV. Oh well, I'm gonna pass for right now since I don't have a use for it.

Thanks OP! Couldn't pass that one up. :D

Of course estimated delivery date is December 5th. :p

I just ordered a second one.

Also these are selling like hot cakes!

Between the 2 hours from my first and second orders, there is an estimated 3 days difference on the ship date.

First order is estimated at Dec 2 and the second one on Dec 5.

Picked up two as the wife loves the Amazon Fire TV + Plex. Thanks for the heads up!

From the link in the OP:

You guys can't read, can you?!?!?

Well that's retarded.. as if it takes more than a min to sign in. What if you want to gift one to someone else? You have to open it up to unregister it and re-gift it back?

They suggest using the included HDMI extender and it also needs to be plugged into an outlet. Sounds like lots of wires. I'm disappointed as I thought it could be powered by the TV. Oh well, I'm gonna pass for right now since I don't have a use for it.

The extender itself shouldn't need to be powered.. it's just an HDMI cable with a female end on one side. The HDMI stick itself should be able to be powered off of a USB port on the TV (which almost all newer TVs have). I have my Chromecast powered by one of the few USB ports on my TV, which is right next to the HDMI ports, so there's no cable mess going on. I didn't even have to pull the zip tie off of the cable to reach it.

Impulse buy! ordered 2. already have the Fire TV. These could be great xmas gifts.

Oh, and thanks OP. Never heard of these till now.

Well that's retarded.. as if it takes more than a min to sign in. What if you want to gift one to someone else? You have to open it up to unregister it and re-gift it back?

Probably doesn't register if you select Amazon's "gift" option, and/or you're still going to have to put in your password initially or sign in with a different account. It's probably not that retarded.

Bought 2 cus why not

In for 4 (2 from my prime & 2 more from a buddy's login that is using the extra ship benefit from my Prime.

I have been wanting to upgrade my Roku's (3x XS's & an Lt) for a while but I want to keep the viewing the same across the house. So was looking at 400 bucks to go to Roku 3's Fire TV's or the Nexus Players. At 20 bucks a pop I will hope these work well with Plex since that's primarily what I use. And if they don't I am sure I can get 20 bucks a pop back for them on craigslist in December and then order Nexus Players

True... for $1.99 to $2.99 an episode.

Depends on what you want to watch. Almost all of their old series are free. I'm finally able to see what the buzz was about The Wire (amazing show)

Also, already ordered one, but it looks like I'm going to order another for the office. I just remembered how much I hate dragging the chromecast back and forth to watch things.

hmm...crossing my fingers that they come up with something like playon for chromecast. I don't know much about that program, but anything with decent live streaming of the food network will keep me from needing to get normal cable..and at $40 more a month, I'd rather not since I don't watch tv and that's just about all my gf watches.

If there was a good way to stream Prime TV on a chromecast or Nexus Player, I wouldn't have a need for this. But now, at $19, I'm seriously considering it just to be able to stream Prime.

I happened to have a Chromecast sitting in my cart this morning ready to order, and then I saw this up on Amazon and figured what the hell... for $19... I'll try it. It's going to be used primarily with Plex.

any sign on the horizon of this or chromecast being able to be used on a hotels wifi? Its the only real reason i need one. Already have a Chromcast and my PS3 and Blu-ray players have most of this functionality already

Your estimated delivery date is:
Thursday, December 11, 2014

:eek:

Yeah, these are selling like crazy. $20 is well into impulse buy territory. Anywhere you look there's people saying. "I have zero need for this, but I bought 2 anyway." Looks like Amazon hit it out of the park with the price of this thing.

$20 to turn a dumb tv into a smart tv is a helluva deal. Too bad I don't need one. It took a while to convince myself not to hit the order button.

My chromecast is a real turd sometimes...

Not sure how this would fair with it though.

My chromecast is a real turd sometimes...

Not sure how this would fair with it though.
This one has more check marks?

m-showme-compare-chart-v1.jpg

That means it is good right?

Yeah, these are selling like crazy. $20 is well into impulse buy territory. Anywhere you look there's people saying. "I have zero need for this, but I bought 2 anyway." Looks like Amazon hit it out of the park with the price of this thing.
Well I had just bought a Roku stick a few weeks ago but the damn remote just stops working on occasion. I have no patience for the hassle of the 9 steps it takes to get it working every time so that pos is going back.

I bought one, should be here December 12th it says.

With Chromecast I can simply use my laptop, phone or pc to cast and control. With this I have to use their UI and remote, or their phone app.

It's a huge difference in usability. I'd much rather use the Netflix/Youtube website/app and then send content to Chromcast than use Amazon's UI.

Man almost jumped on it...my Chromecast sits in a nightstand drawer untouched for 6 months now. I can find no reason to buy it. But I want it lol.

Preordered mine. LOVE my fire tv. So the stick would be perfect for the bedroom.

Back