Amazon Fines Company $5,000 For Using Packing Peanuts

What's wrong with packing peanuts? I never heard of any hatred of them til now.
I haven't heard of it either. But it seems to be a typical first world problem.

If we want to talk bad packaging it's those molded clear plastic packagings that thumbdrives and memory cards come in, that are impossible to open without serious risk of injuring yourself in the process.

But packaging peanuts? Harmless. In fact last time we ordered something that came in a ton of those at my office. People were actually arguing on who should have the packaging peanuts.

oh great i just returned a huge box filled with packing peanuts back to amazon warehouse in las vegas. I guess Amazon.CIS will be threatening to cancel me now.. Will be ready to dispute any amazon charge i have made the last 3 months

Next time i return a package to amazon, i am going to write in the description, very few packing peanuts, item must have moved excessively during transit causing the item to be defective. I got plenty of peanut packing material in the basement

It's not an issue with returns, it's an issue of things they are going to resell, AKA Fulfillment by Amazon products. Amazon.com Help: Shipment Packaging Requirements

Most of the rules are there to keep the products from being broken in their warehouse or safety reasons, such as static build up or slippery conditions for factory workers. Willing to bet he would still be complaining if they refused shipment or stopped ordering from him completely which is also in their right to do so.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It's not an issue with returns, it's an issue of things they are going to resell, AKA Fulfillment by Amazon products. Amazon.com Help: Shipment Packaging Requirements

Most of the rules are there to keep the products from being broken in their warehouse or safety reasons, such as static build up or slippery conditions for factory workers. Willing to bet he would still be complaining if they refused shipment or stopped ordering from him completely which is also in their right to do so.

He's lucky they didn't ban all of his accounts and ban everyone at his same address, shutting off his AWS resources, Kindle purchases, his Voyager, tablets, Cloud Drive uploads, Fire TV and Echo.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
What comes around goes around, Amazon and its ilk will one day no longer be allowed to use tax havens and will get stung by the IRS.

PC Connection used to use popcorn as their packing peanut. Just dump it outside and the local pigeon flock would take care of it within minutes.

This is probably a FBA thing. Don't use confetti and packing peanuts. Use air packets or full sheet paper products and don't send in a greasy box. Been FBAing for 5+ years and the only issues I have had are items that were mistakenly included in shipment that didn't belong. That particular seller must have had a Amazon rep assigned to his account for repeated offenses.

Ahhhh, so that's who pays for all the free stuff included with my Prime membership.

Good to know.

Or you can be a dick and use them to fuck over companies that you don't like... by making it look like you received stuff with peanuts in them.

Its only for suppliers sending products to amazons warehouse... FBA
Not for individual vendors who ship on their own... they dont want to have to deal with those damn peanuts when stocking their warehouse!

Back