Amazon downloadable game sale (starts July 1)

Oh crap, lol. Bought the wrong downloadable, so I have to go from Amazon. Ah well.

Having been on steam games for so long, will the standalone autopatch?

Oh crap, lol. Bought the wrong downloadable, so I have to go from Amazon. Ah well.

lol i did the same thing and yes it'll autopatch and update your game

I guarantee if you contact Amazon and let them know what happened they'll probably credit you back the $30 so you can purchase the Steam version.

They are usually super cool about stuff like this, they gave me a full refund on Tera

Last edited:
EH, I just finished downloading. It's not worth the time. That said, the launcher does auto patch.

I bought ME3 day one and I've been holding out on playing until Bioware released the patch that so many were clamoring for. Trying to isolate myself from all things ME3 for the past few months has been damn near ridiculous...

I'm playing ME2 now, the UI and customization has changed from ME1(why?), but I'm still having fun (just found Jack).
I'll be ready for ME3 soon, so hopefully they resolved the community issues in the upcoming DLC. Maybe there will be an special edition ME3 that includes the alternate ending.

I'm playing ME2 now, the UI and customization has changed from ME1(why?), but I'm still having fun (just found Jack).
I'll be ready for ME3 soon, so hopefully they resolved the community issues in the upcoming DLC. Maybe there will be an special edition ME3 that includes the alternate ending.

Bioware is already taken a tremendous amount of heat from DA, SWTOR and ME fans alike, I think a special edition of ME3 would definitely be the wrong move, smells too much like a cashgrab. Plus I've got a physical copy of the N7 PC edition so if they come out with 2nd CE I'm going to rage...

July 12th according to an indie dev on the Steam forums.

Well I was just going by when it was last year which was the week of the 4th. I also find it unlikely that it will start on the 12th seeing as that is a Thursday but who knows.

Edit: upon looking back at last year the sale started on a Thursday so maybe it will be the 12th

Last edited:
You mean the one they've had in January a couple years ago?
No, I was just giving a hypothetical example of having a summer sale after 7/4 would be like having an X-mas sale in Jan. To my knowledge, Steam's X-mas sales have always been in mid/late Dec. for at least the past few years.

No, I was just giving a hypothetical example of having a summer sale after 7/4 would be like having an X-mas sale in Jan. To my knowledge, Steam's X-mas sales have always been in mid/late Dec. for at least the past few years.

I seem to remember the Winter sale being in Jan two-three years ago.

Bought MP3. Gonna start playing it tonight. :) Others, I'm still thinking about. I already have quite a few of them already.

Well, I bought Max Payne 3 and finished the download last night. I have not installed it yet but I am looking forward to it.

MP3 & SpecOps! i am glad the 4th is this week.

I am surprised ME3 is not on sale.

Is it worth $7 to check out Duke Nukem Forever? All the reviews say it's terrible, but it's hard not to buy it for nostalgia's sake.

yeah, the game is fine, just not great. You will see a lot of influences from halo and half-life, probably the reason the game was delayed so much.

Is it worth $7 to check out Duke Nukem Forever? All the reviews say it's terrible, but it's hard not to buy it for nostalgia's sake.

not nearly as bad as some made it out to be, there's some pretty funny stuff in there, just don't go in expecting too much...

Like others have said, it's not as terrible people have made it out to be. I'd get it for $5. I've seen it on sale many times for that price. You don't get the DLC but it's multiplayer only DLC, unless you plan on playing onilne, I'd skip it.

I would highly suggest trying the Majesty games (included in paradox bundles) if you have not tried it. They are really fantastic semi-rts games.

Like others have said, it's not as terrible people have made it out to be. I'd get it for $5. I've seen it on sale many times for that price. You don't get the DLC but it's multiplayer only DLC, unless you plan on playing onilne, I'd skip it.

The first DLC was multiplayer only. The second DLC was SP.

MP3 $32.46 for me after tax. It was nice while it lasted. I'll wait for the Steam sale.

yeah, the game is fine, just not great. You will see a lot of influences from halo and half-life, probably the reason the game was delayed so much.

Symptom, not a cause. They're in there because the gameplay is old.

Off topic: There were like 5 laughs in that entire game, but the Halo reference was one of the top three. "Power armor is for pussies!"

How does MW3 compare to MP3 for mult-player fun?

Modern Warfare always seems to be priced high.

I think the MP3 game price will drop.

Got Max Payne 3. Enjoying it so far. Although, if I were to replay, some of the cutscene sequences are pretty long and I would've liked the option to skip some of them. But for my first play through, I'm definitely enjoying how the story is acted out.

As for the upcoming Borderlands sale. I bet most people on this planet already have a copy of that game. It's been $4.99 on Steam a lot, $7.49 as well. It's on sale every other month on every other game download website. :eek:

As for the upcoming Borderlands sale. I bet most people on this planet already have a copy of that game. It's been $4.99 on Steam a lot, $7.49 as well. It's on sale every other month on every other game download website. :eek:

Yeah...give us a sale on a BL2 pre-order! :D

Yeah...give us a sale on a BL2 pre-order! :D

that would be sick....it WAS $49.99 earlier a few months ago on Amazon....but they jacked up the price to $59.99 recently....they also added a $53.99 digital download code option recently as well....If they did a $39.99 digi download code preorder special, I would bite! Come on Amazon!!

that would be sick....it WAS $49.99 earlier a few months ago on Amazon....but they jacked up the price to $59.99 recently....they also added a $53.99 digital download code option recently as well....If they did a $39.99 digi download code preorder special, I would bite! Come on Amazon!!

Agreed. I'm not too keen on paying $60 for games these days. At $40 I'd bite immediately.

I'm considering getting the Pint Sized Paradox Package just for Warlock of the Arcane. Does anyone have feedback on t his game? I enjoy Civ V, and fantasy, and it looks exactly like Civ V.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm considering getting the Pint Sized Paradox Package just for Warlock of the Arcane. Does anyone have feedback on t his game? I enjoy Civ V, and fantasy, and it looks exactly like Civ V.

great little game, it's a lot Civ but definitely more approachable since it blends magic elements, zombies, etc....

at $7.50 for that pack I would definitely suggest it, I paid $17 at launch and don't regret it one bit

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Good deal for Spec Ops, Max Payne 3 and Bioshock duo, this is a great GREAT deal and curbs my needs of waiting for the Steam Sale.

Back