Amazon downloadable game sale (starts July 1)

For the three people who don't have it, Borderlands GotY is definitely a steal at $7.49

:)

Totally in for MP3 @ $30

I was waiting for the steam sale (maybe next week) and hoping they dropped it to $30. Why wait though? Since it's a Steam code I'm totally set.

If we didn't have Amazon Game and Steam Games -- I honestly don't know what I'd do. I'm not 16 so I can't go into a Gamestop and feel comfortable :-p (not to mention get wallet raped)

10 internet points for you original poster - I can't wait to buy this sunday.

As long as you play and/or beat the game before the Steam sales, no need to be pissed. If you think it's just going to sit in your backlog until then though, just wait. I actually resisted buying it on release because my backlog is ginormously huge, but I'll probably pick it up at this price to support R* before it goes for $12.49 or $7.49 or whatever during the fall/winter sales.

Personally I don't see how they could be cheaper -- I would easily classify MP3 as a AAA title, it's had it's run at $60 dollars and chopping half off so soon after it's release is already pretty generous. From the glowing reviews I've read here and everywhere else it's worth it at $60, so at $30 it's damn near a steal.

I know steam will easily price match amazon - but undercutting them by any worthwhile margin? IMO - no.

You have to think too - the 50% off amazon price is good till the 4th, what if you wait for the steam sale to start (maybe the 5th?) and for some crazy ass reason MP3 is not one of the sale titles? *that* would royally suck.

I'm in for 1 copy at $30, since I have to work Sunday, I'll buy it right before I leave the house in the morning and let it download all day (boo 3megabit connection)

Thanks for posting. I'll probably pick up the 2k Strategy Pack since I haven't played Civilization in years and I've heard good things about the Stronghold series.

Slightly off topic, but this will drive my purchase. How is MP3? Does the single player campaign justify the cost? I'm crappy at multiplayer, but I'll give it a wack if its already on there.

Slightly off topic, but this will drive my purchase. How is MP3? Does the single player campaign justify the cost? I'm crappy at multiplayer, but I'll give it a wack if its already on there.

I'll be buying it tomorrow - but every review and forum I frequent say that it's totally worth the FULL 60 dollar price because of the story, the acting, the graphics, and just the overall "fun-ness"

I'm buying it for the singleplayer experience - multiplayer is just a bonus.

yea definitely. Best SP game in awhile. Lots of cut scenes but there is a story so I have no problem. People bitch about lacking story in a game, now they complain about the cutscenes. Some people are never happy.

Steam better hurry up with their summer sales.... all my purchasing will be all dried up by the time Steam rolls out their sales.

Dammit. So much for saving money and going through my back log.

Max Payne 3 - is it worth the $30?

I have a lot of the others, but may have to pick up a couple singles from there.

AWESOME Summer sales!

Hell yes it's worth $30, probably my favorite game of the year so far. The best way I can describe MP3 is if Michael Mann made a video game and the OST is fucking awesome, Health did an amazing job with the score. I bought my key for $23 from a key store and they provided the ISO's. I would like to have the game on Steam though since I already have MP1/2 there and for achievements as well.

I heard the Spec Ops: The Line demo was good, but it makes me wonder why it is 50% off three days after release...

I thought the demo was completely blah, nothing super special. I didn't finish te demo, so maybe it picked up toward the end, but it just seemed alright. I would pick up the game when it's cheaper, some bargain bin steam day.

Ill probably bite on Max Payne 3, most of those other games have already been on sale at Amazon recently though.

I thought the demo was completely blah, nothing super special. I didn't finish te demo, so maybe it picked up toward the end, but it just seemed alright. I would pick up the game when it's cheaper, some bargain bin steam day.

Apparently they do some interesting stuff with the story, setting, and enemies you're fighting. But yeah the demo made it feel like any other modern cover-based shooter. I'm curious but I'm not sure if I'm $25 worth of curious.

So when does the sale start? its 3am here, I wanna get Max Payne damnit. :p

So when does the sale start? its 3am here, I wanna get Max Payne damnit. :p

I'm still up...midnight here in Cali...and it seems like Amazon is being real slow to update the prices...I only see a few of them going live...but most of them are still original price

Just a few minutes ago Darkness 2 was full price...then as I was browsing around, I saw it drop to $12.49, so amazon is slowly getting there...lol

Lol at the COD prices. I paid $5 for MW2 during Amazon's sale sometime last year.

Hmm, was reading Hard's MP3 performance article and I'm not sure if it'll run at 5760x1200 on my 2x 6950's... Any of you running it in Eyefinity/Surround on older hardware or a single newer card?

hooray! just got MP3 for 29 dollars... hella good deal.

Now I'm off to work at 5am on a Sunday, in just 11 short hours I'll be done, my "weekend" can begin. :)

It'll be hard for me to pass up MP3. I'm sure I'll buy it later today.

Anyone buy Borderlands from Amazon? The reviews on these DLC codes make me a little nervous, suggesting you can only download them once?

Yeah - I thought it was going to be a 15GB download, imagine my surprise when after Steam accepted my key it was on its way to downloading 30GB.

On my shitty 3Mbit AT&T connection - that I can (on a good day) download 300KBytes/sec, it's going to be a 24 hour download it looks like.

The only thing that makes it slightly better is that I'm at work all day today. Started the download this morning at 5am when I left - I won't get home till 4pm or so and will want a nap badly. I should at least have 50 to 60% of it downloaded by the time I get home. The last bit I can hop on my neighbors connection (6Mbit) and finish it up while I'm napping. By the time I wake up and get dinner and stuff I should be pretty damn close to having it if I finish up using the faster neighbor connection :)

And another game to add to the Steam backlog collection :) ....almost done with L.A. Noire though then it's Deus Ex 3 then Max Payne 3

Picked up MP3... on the fence with COD. Consumer reviews are not very favorable.

And another game to add to the Steam backlog collection :) ....almost done with L.A. Noire though then it's Deus Ex 3 then Max Payne 3

all great games my friend, wish I could play through them again for the first time...
a suggestion on MP3, play it on [H]ard, much more satisfying....

on to another topic....

At some point someone is going to ask about the Syndicate reboot, DO.NOT.BUY.
Game was broken at release and Starbreeze has yet to release a patch, so don't fall into the trap...

I'm going to wait on MP3. I have too many games right now. I plan to finish two games a month. To give an idea, I just beat Mass Effect 1, that's how far behind I am.
Unless there's a 50% OFF sale on Skyrim or awesome deals on ME3 or Witcher 2, I'm sitting the Amazon and Steam sales out until the holidays.

Steam is conspicuously quiet for its 7/4 sale. :confused:

Granted, some of these games can be activated on Steam, but still, I'm surprised they're not giving a summer sale.

Steam is conspicuously quiet for its 7/4 sale. :confused:

Granted, some of these games can be activated on Steam, but still, I'm surprised they're not giving a summer sale.

The steam sale will most likely start tomorrow so until then there is no reason for them to have anything going on.

I'm going to wait on MP3. I have too many games right now. I plan to finish two games a month. To give an idea, I just beat Mass Effect 1, that's how far behind I am.
Unless there's a 50% OFF sale on Skyrim or awesome deals on ME3 or Witcher 2, I'm sitting the Amazon and Steam sales out until the holidays.

I bought ME3 day one and I've been holding out on playing until Bioware released the patch that so many were clamoring for. Trying to isolate myself from all things ME3 for the past few months has been damn near ridiculous...

July 12th according to an indie dev on the Steam forums.

Man that far away? Sucks.

I'm hoping for some good Steam sales this summer. I might buy Max Payne 3 on Amazon since I'd like to play it.

Has anyone played through the Spec Ops the Line? I played the demo and wasn't impressed

Back