Amazon DoD Dremel 3K + small bit kit $49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use mine for minor gunsmithing. The 3000 is good, but it is not without its faults.
The Lock button downright sucks.
hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: Vokar
like this
I still think a WEN 2307 is a better deal. This doesn't come with any cutting wheels nor an EZ Lock shaft for said cutting wheels, which is the worst part of using/owning these. I hardly use ANY of the attachments that are included in Dremel kits and would rather they just threw in the EZ Lock Shaft with a bunch of cutting wheels instead

By comparison, I can buy the WEN 2307, buy a Dremel wheel cutting wheel kit that INCLUDES the EZ Lock shaft, and now I have a handful of cutting wheels instead. All while having the same useless tinier attachments because the WEN includes them too (even though I still barely use them).

Just food for thought. I used Dremels all the time at my old job (so I've used the "name brand" stuff extensively), but when it came time to spending the cash on my own, I've been happy with my $15 Wen + real Dremel cutting kit.

If you dont have a "drermel", let me tell you need to get one! You can get some knock off ones at Harbor Freight that are just as good if you use them periodically. My off brand one lasted like 6 years and even then the only thing that went wrong was the variable dial wouldn't stay in place so I just had tape on it.

I now have an official dremel and really I can't tell a difference in operation.

However, once you get used to using these things they are amazing. The cutoff wheel alone is worth having this tool.

And I would recommend that EZ-LOCK cut off wheel that fore1337 above shows pictured.....they last FOREVER! And they dont shatter either.

The cut off wheel and sanding drums are really the two things I use the most. Just great for cleaning up burrs or metal things sticking out.

If you dont have a "drermel", let me tell you need to get one! You can get some knock off ones at Harbor Freight that are just as good if you use them periodically. My off brand one lasted like 6 years and even then the only thing that went wrong was the variable dial wouldn't stay in place so I just had tape on it.
+1 for the Harbor Freight Dremels. To be quite honest I haven't used the HFT cutter tool, but I keep one new in box in my garage as a backup. ...or as a loaner to a neighbor, if needed.

Cutoff Wheels and Carbide Cutters are 99% of what I use. All of the other swiss army knife attachments have gone unused for years.

FYI
The Extended cable attachment thing is a complete p.o.s. Don't waste your $ on this.
It's essentially a speedometer cable. There's no GOOD way you can transfer torque through it.
S85-0417P01WL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back