Amazon Deploys Robot Army To Assemble Your Orders

HardOCP News

[H] News
ROBOTS ARE GOING TO KILL US A....wait, they are putting together my Amazon order? Carry on. ;)

While government regulations are keeping Amazon’s delivery drones out of American skies for now, the company is still looking for ways to remove slow, error-prone humans from the fulfillment process in order to save time and money. One cool piece of machinery that will help the company with the holiday rush are robots that don’t pick items off the shelves: they bring the shelves to the human order-pickers.

I'm just waiting for them to produce a robot that can cook, clean, hand me a beer and give me a good blowjob.

Oh, do these robots also teleport? Pray tell, how does a robot bringing a shelf allow someone to pick 300 items within an hour.

I heard robots were going to start shipping anthrax around the world to cull the meatbag population.

This was on 60 Minutes a while back. Nothing new.

The best part is that [H] linked to a site that had a link to another article on a yet another site that had yet a link to another site with the full article. Internet efficiency at its finest.

As much as I hate the idea of a robot taking over human jobs, a job of a pick/pack worker in a warehouse like that of Amazon's is not something most people can do or should do because they are treated with little human respect and are expected to be robots themselves.
But then again, what will unskilled blue collar workers do to support themselves and their family? Hard question with no simple answer.

ROBOTS ARE GOING TO KILL US A....

dilbert had it right:D

31335.strip.gif

31336.strip.gif

31337.strip.gif

Back