Amazon deal of the day: CoD black ops $40 on all platforms (pc/ps3/360)

I just bought Black Ops for PS3 for 49.99 on the 23rd, and I asked them to price match. They wouldn't do it. I am really dissapointed with them :(

I just bought Black Ops for PS3 for 49.99 on the 23rd, and I asked them to price match. They wouldn't do it. I am really dissapointed with them :(

If you keep trying different reps might happen eventually..

I was waiting for a Steam deal on this game, but since CoD: Black Ops is a Steamworks game, the Amazon sale works perfectly.

I get the physical media, but don't even have to use it! In for one :)

Is this game really worth having?

No. I bought it at launch, and it was atrociously bad (multiplayer). Basically it is a map pack for COD4 (Modern Warfare 1), with zillions of bugs introduced. Due to the bugs, I was able to get a refund from Steam with just one email past their initial form letter reply.

No. I bought it at launch, and it was atrociously bad (multiplayer). Basically it is a map pack for COD4 (Modern Warfare 1), with zillions of bugs introduced. Due to the bugs, I was able to get a refund from Steam with just one email past their initial form letter reply.

Is mediocre..is easy to play and the person with the fastest connection wins :p typically, is how it goes..or the ones using aim bots.

how is single player?

There was a video someone posted a while back of a guy doing the first stage without firing a single shot (excluding the "cut scene" bullets).

That might not be indicative of the entire game, but it doesn't bode well. I assume pretty much standard CoD fare. Which isn't setting the bar very high.

I refuse to buy Activision games and CoD especially, overpriced recycled crap.

Do yourself a favor and buy BFBC2 when it goes on sale again.

Currently on the Steam top-sellers list, COD:BO is #5, beating out a lot of other games in today's deal. The only other full-priced game on the list is BFBC2:Vietnam at #10. If the list is to be believed, clearly lots of people still value this game at $60. At $40, its a pretty good deal.

Currently on the Steam top-sellers list, COD:BO is #5, beating out a lot of other games in today's deal. The only other full-priced game on the list is BFBC2:Vietnam at #10. If the list is to be believed, clearly lots of people still value this game at $60. At $40, its a pretty good deal.

It may be at the top sellers, but look at the top played games. Yup thats right people buy a POS doesn't mean they like it and play it.

You will always see good old CS at the top, it may get bumped for a week or two but it will be back. That is because there is no ghey ranking, overpowered killstreak rewards, and other flashy bs. Just amazing game play, and it runs like a dream without game breaking bugs.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

It may be at the top sellers, but look at the top played games. Yup thats right people buy a POS doesn't mean they like it and play it.

You will always see good old CS at the top, it may get bumped for a week or two but it will be back. That is because there is no ghey ranking, overpowered killstreak rewards, and other flashy bs. Just amazing game play, and it runs like a dream without game breaking bugs.

Except for rampant unfixable server-induced rate-locked choke and loss. Worthless. :p

Ummm. Black Ops is # 3 and # 8 for multi player and single player respectively. Only CS is above it. Not sure what you are talking about as there are plenty of ppl playing it.

Oh, and based upon your comments, it is clear that you don't actually own Black Ops. Save us your rant.

If you were going to buy it for $60, then $40 is a good deal.

Ummm. Black Ops is # 3 and # 8 for multi player and single player respectively. Only CS is above it. Not sure what you are talking about as there are plenty of ppl playing it.

Oh, and based upon your comments, it is clear that you don't actually own Black Ops. Save us your rant.

He said it would for a couple of weeks... he's right, not you.

I did own Black Ops PC, it was so buggy and bad that Steam gave me a refund ;). It will have no staying power.

I was apprehensive about buying this game, but after reading a few posts about the latest patch, it seems most of the problems that caused a lot of PC gamers issues in the beginning have been fixed. I'll find out on Wednesday whether my $40 gamble was worth it or not. I mainly want the game for the single player campaign and Zombie maps. I might play the multi-player a bit, but not extensively.

First CS is a old ass game, not the best selling video game ever. So on that fact alone you are owned.

And my steam avitar has something he wants you to see.

I refuse to buy Activision games and CoD especially, overpriced recycled crap.

Do yourself a favor and buy BFBC2 when it goes on sale again.

All you cod haters, Cod4 was the best/one fo the best FPS ever made and you:

1. Havenbt played it.

2. SUck at it and blame lack fo skill on the game.

I've really enjoyed Black Ops on PC, never had much trouble with it. There's some annoying server crashes, but it comes right back up, no biggie. There needs to be a way to ban newbtoobs and last stand server side though =)

Bought it. played through the SP mode in about 5 hours yesterday. Graphics were top notch, gameplay pretty much sucked. Simple crap really bothered me, like the inability to move outside of the scripted areas, players blocking the paths of accessible areas until the game is ready to let you go through, and why the hell can I destroy a building and AA installation with missles, but can't blow the shutters of a building nearby that has a VC hiding behind them??? :mad:

The zombie thing at the end was fun, so I might have to try those out (enjoyed those in COD4 too). No real big surprise there I guess. Should've stuck to my principles and not bought this, but my son had been wanting it since it came out so I broke down and bough a couple copies. As far as I'm concerned though (and until I play the MP levels), this was just another money grab by Treyarch and Activision.

Bought it. played through the SP mode in about 5 hours yesterday. Graphics were top notch, gameplay pretty much sucked. Simple crap really bothered me, like the inability to move outside of the scripted areas, players blocking the paths of accessible areas until the game is ready to let you go through, and why the hell can I destroy a building and AA installation with missles, but can't blow the shutters of a building nearby that has a VC hiding behind them??? :mad:

The zombie thing at the end was fun, so I might have to try those out (enjoyed those in COD4 too). No real big surprise there I guess. Should've stuck to my principles and not bought this, but my son had been wanting it since it came out so I broke down and bough a couple copies. As far as I'm concerned though (and until I play the MP levels), this was just another money grab by Treyarch and Activision.

ZOmbie levels in COD4? WTF?

Also, nobody cares about SP. You dont buy COD for SP. If you want good SP, play an RPG or something like Arma 2.

THe only purpose of sp is the first level so you can learn the controll set and then alter it.

ZOmbie levels in COD4? WTF?

Also, nobody cares about SP. You dont buy COD for SP. If you want good SP, play an RPG or something like Arma 2.

THe only purpose of sp is the first level so you can learn the controll set and then alter it.

Zombie levels in COD5 - My bad, Sorry to get your panties all in a bind over that. ;) Regardless of whether or not people buy games based on SP, initial impressions mean a lot. I typically go through SP prior to any MP action to become familiar with the game, hence the review based on SP only. Maybe I'll like it better once I get into the MP aspect of it, but people were asking so I thought I'd offer my two cents. I apologize if it doesn't conform to your MP based views only.

yeah SP in Black Ops is pretty bad. it LOOKS amazing but its really really scripted, which isn't bad necessarily, but it's also pretty much all on rails. And the enemies require a half clip emptied into them before they die. I searched around for a way to make the sp game function with hardcore mp rules. i.e. one shot one kill. I couldn't find anything so I moved on.

The MP is still tons of fun though. I'm up to Prestige lvl 3.

Back