amazon/crucial ballistic 16 GB 4x4

Interesting. It just threw me off for a second because my Ballistix Sport VLP came in the standard plastic packaging.

I agree, interesting. Maybe it is because these are part of the Ballistix lineup?
I just assumed most of their "higher" end ram came in the cardboard boxes.

Just went stright to bios, set default, shutdown/powered down and discharged.

Popped in 1 stick to A2 and restarted. Bios recognized it no problem, repeat for B2 no problem.

Did have to "loosen Assasin cooler for A1 and B1. Reset cooler and powered up and back into Bios.

All recognized, both Bios and Windows.

Guess O';; let it play in Memtest a bit but I don't expect any problems with Crucial.

Thank you Crucial and Amazon!!!! You rock!!

Order placed March 16, 2014 - Not yet shipped - Delivery Estimate Thursday, April 10, 2014 - Saturday, April 26, 2014 by 8:00pm

:(

If someone wants to sell a set for not a huge mark up, let me know. I am OCD and need all my ram to match.

Popped it into my rig when I rebuilt it into a new case just yesterday. Seems to all run just fine. I didn't do a memtest yet, but I don't see any problems happening since it posted just fine and everything. I like how its XMP doesn't jack the voltage up to run at that latency and clock, it's nice.

By the way did anyone else have their ram kind of stuck to the plastic wrapping? It was kind of annoying. Like a little rectangular patch of adhesive on every stick. I'm guessing it may be to keep it still inside of the bags...

Going to let Memtest run this afternoon on it.

Thing I like is it is running 4 up completely stock. No adjustment(s) needed.

Once it is back in the case I might play with it and see what it will do. Reading around the webs seems it will run nicely 2133.

If anyone is interested in trading for a set of G.SKILL 2133 (4x4GB Quad Channel X79 certified) I'd add ~$12 bucks on top to cover your shipping. It is wonderful ram, the only reason I want to trade it is because my current MB, (MSI Z77 MPower) will not run it at anything other then 1600 CAS 11...I have tested all 4 sticks in my old MB (ASRock Z77 Extreme4) through ~24 hours of Prime95 (max ram) and 25 passes of MemTest #5 and #9, which will instantly produce a fault if one is there.

I spoke to MSI and even with a new bios, it appears the issue is related to an ongoing problem between G.SKILL and MSI boards going back to X58 to current..If anyone is interested, check out this at the official MSI forums.

memtested mine just fine. cas 9 @ 1600. I'll see if i can take it up to anything faster than 1600 when i got the time to really test

If anyone is interested in trading for a set of G.SKILL 2133 (4x4GB Quad Channel X79 certified) I'd add ~$12 bucks on top to cover your shipping. It is wonderful ram, the only reason I want to trade it is because my current MB, (MSI Z77 MPower) will not run it at anything other then 1600 CAS 11...I have tested all 4 sticks in my old MB (ASRock Z77 Extreme4) through ~24 hours of Prime95 (max ram) and 25 passes of MemTest #5 and #9, which will instantly produce a fault if one is there.

I spoke to MSI and even with a new bios, it appears the issue is related to an ongoing problem between G.SKILL and MSI boards going back to X58 to current..If anyone is interested, check out this at the official MSI forums.

Might generate more interest if you posted a link to the product page of the GSkill kit at one of the retailers. That way people would know exactly what it is that you've got.

...or a pic of the label from one of your modules would be even better.

Thank you for shopping with us. We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items, and that this completes your order. Your order is on its way, and can no longer be changed. If you need to return an item from this shipment or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.com.

Your estimated delivery date is:
Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I ordered two of these kits and I would really love to trade a kit for a G.Skill or Corsair 16gb kit with either Blue, Red, or Black heat spreaders. I wouldn't care to cover shipping costs and possibly add a little cash on top depending on the kit.

Thanks.

Has anyone actually received the item yet? Mine says "delivered at ~11 AM" but it's now almost 9PM and still nothing.

Who's the courier? Lasership and the like can be creative with delivery.

Standard UPS. They've delivered like 10 things to me from amazon in the past 3 months which is what makes this strange.

Edit: turns out my brother was trolling me and hid the package in his room, the monster that he is.

Needless to say, one of four sticks are bad. Tested and triple checked each one individually. What a shame...

Last edited:
Might generate more interest if you posted a link to the product page of the GSkill kit at one of the retailers. That way people would know exactly what it is that you've got.

...or a pic of the label from one of your modules would be even better.

I appreciate the advice. I should have done that, but I have a deal worked out already:).

Congratulations to everyone that got in on this, it's definitely a Hot Deal...It is a bit of a shame that we were paying more for a 24 pack of TP at one point though..I am scared to see what happens to the DDR3 prices once everyone ramps DDR4 up. Hopefully they will stay somewhat reasonable since AMD hasn't announced any DDR4 plans (that I have seen anyway).

My RMA replacement should be here Thursday. Now, I have 30 days to send in the faulty RAM or I'll be charged the price of my original purchase. Did I just find a loophole in Amazon's return policy?

LOL. Nice! keep the replacement kit, and live with 3 good sticks!
I need to test my kit. I suppose that'll have to be this weekend.

LOL. Nice! keep the replacement kit, and live with 3 good sticks!
I need to test my kit. I suppose that'll have to be this weekend.

You can still do RMA with Crucial to replace the broken stick (or the whole kit). As I remember, their Advanced RMA is awesome.

My RMA replacement should be here Thursday. Now, I have 30 days to send in the faulty RAM or I'll be charged the price of my original purchase. Did I just find a loophole in Amazon's return policy?

If they were going to charge me that same $53 dollars for the replacement kit, and not their current price, I'd be about 99% sure that I'd let them and keep both sets.

OK, I lied...I'm a 100% sure that's what I'd do. :)

...and yes, if that's what they are doing, then I'd say you found a BIG loophole in their return policy.

Received mine and they work great at the XMP rated speeds. :D (This is on a 990FX mainboard.) Has anyone tried overclocking this ram yet?

If they were going to charge me that same $53 dollars for the replacement kit, and not their current price, I'd be about 99% sure that I'd let them and keep both sets.

OK, I lied...I'm a 100% sure that's what I'd do. :)

...and yes, if that's what they are doing, then I'd say you found a BIG loophole in their return policy.
I'm 99% sure that is NOT what they do. They are basically shipping you another unit at current price free of charge, on the assumption that you return the old item. If you don't, they charge you for the new device, at whatever its shipping price was.

Otherwise, hell I'd do the same thing myself.

I like how he has his replacement kit and I'm still waiting on my original order..

I'm 99% sure that is NOT what they do. They are basically shipping you another unit at current price free of charge, on the assumption that you return the old item. If you don't, they charge you for the new device, at whatever its shipping price was.

Otherwise, hell I'd do the same thing myself.

I don't suggest it. Too many people do it and you'll screw over more of these type of deals in the future.

I actually think the 1.35v may be slightly different. The PCB's for the 1.35v stuff look physically shorter in height than the pictures of the 1.5v sticks.

yeah, they are low profile....

Finally got mine in. They sent one 4gb stick.. not 4. Idiots.

Last edited:
it says 4 - 4gb ddr3 right on the sticker, was your 1 stick also in a sealed box? what was written on the sticker?

It was one stick in a sealed static bag. No crucial box. The sticker said 4 sticks.

ram pr0n

fu3jo2.jpg

2iig7x2.jpg

Back