amazon/crucial ballistic 16 GB 4x4

Yeah, at $53, I snatched a set as well. I do not need it but it be CL8 at 1600 speed, it is better than my CL9 and 1333 speed ram I am using right now. Thanks OP. I agree, at that price, waiting a month is no big deal.

no need for it , but bought it anyway.......I really hate the Hot Deals forum....:)

That is pretty hot. I just compared it to similar sets. If they were the tracers, I would jump on them in a heartbeat. =)

Bought some also for the price. I hope its right and they don't send a single stick......

Bought some also for the price. I hope its right and they don't send a single stick......

DANG IT... I couldn't resist. I ordered a set.... I doubt they will only send one stick.

The only downfall is the yellow. It won't match my current setup of black and red.... oh well. Performance > Aesthetics!!!!

Don't know if this matters but the listing says udimm instead of dimm... does that matter? A quick Google search had some contradictory results but I think it doesn't. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Awww damnit, I'm tempted to buy some too although I'm still rocking my q9650 DDR2 setup... do I really want to upgrade to an i5? This would be a lot easier if it wasn't fort he fact my 460gtx crapped out and I had to buy a new card to replace it.

Wow. I just thought of everything and I still can't see future use for this.
Just went ITX for my gaming rig and will go DDR4 later this year for my workstation.

Probably one of those buys where you just keep it in the closet and resell it months later.

Last edited:
Ordered, and hope its compatible with that Dell T20 server. *crosses fingers* :)

These are non-ecc non buffered most server's use ECC and buffered memory, hope you have something else you could use them in.

We'll all probably get cancellation notices Monday, then again if they have a 3-5 week lead time maybe they will honor it.

Probably a typo on the price, but I went ahead and ordered one. Thanks for posting, mnitetrain!

Wow. I just thought of everything and I still can't see future use for this.
Just went ITX for my gaming rig and will go DDR4 later this year for my workstation.

Probably one of those buys where you just keep it in the closet and resell it months later.

I will use it in an extra system I have laying around that has no memory.
Not sure what to use it for but it will have 16gb's. :)

Amazing price. I have no need for this at all, but I ordered two sets on the off chance that a X79 system falls from the sky.

Agree with OP, 99% get a cancel but maybe some incentive being Amazon.

These yellow Ballistix do have a bad history though so who knows.

EDIT: Let me clarify I distinctly remember these 4X4 on Newegg a while back when modules were still cheap and most reviews indicated they were problematic in terms of compatibility and a had high fail rate. (Of course it would not surprise me if Newegg deleted it). There's still the lifetime warranty though. Just conjecture on my part on the off chance this is not a pricing mistake which it certainly is.

EDIT Deux: I could be mistaken, again crazy pricing, Crucial backing, and it's Amazon. Worst that can happen is a cancel.

Last edited:
@closers

Some of the batches of the "yellow" DDR2 with D9GMH seemed to have a high RMA rate, but like Crosshairs, I'm not aware of this being the case with these DDR3 modules. Care to elaborate?

Absolutely no need for 16GB but I'm in. Price is just too good and will probably get cancelled.

The Crucial site says it's not compatible with an Asrock H81 Pro BTC board. From my experience that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but anyone know differently?

I wonder if it's only because H81 only has two DIMM slots and this is 4x4GB.

In for one regardless!

missed it :(

QF3t2ib.png

Back