Amazon Could Start Dropping Off Packages Inside Your Home

Also a gun owner (carrier/defender/nutjob, whatever I'm called these days by different people), but one who wonders what ability to vote has to do with ability to deliver packages.

The idea is poorly thought out and probably won't go anywhere, but I could see the use for a system that enables "secure home delivery" by enabling packages to be enclosed in something that amazon provides while you are a subscriber. The difficulty is that we have gotten a number of packages bigger than even the largest size I'd consider "sane" for encompassing (e.g. planters, rack-mount UPS, 6' long flex drill bit for running wires in the wall, etc). Basically, things that are too large for an amazon locker wouldn't be what I'd consider good for home delivery, and I certainly wouldn't want people coming in to do that. Perhaps mudrooms will make a comeback, though ;)
I was joking that they were convicted felons.

if you come in my house uninvited, there is a very good chances are excellent that you will wind up being a doggie snack, so no...

Last edited:
I suggest sniffing moar glue and going back to the drawing board.

My house has 2 keys. 1 for me and 1 for my wife. No other keys will be made til lock changing time.

I wouldn't let Amazon have access to my key even if I was an employee.

Especially since there are a lot of $10 an hour temp workers doing the deliveries. Amazon staffs a huge number of temp workers. All their warehouses are full of them and this would be no different. Anyone get amazon packages on Sundays like me? It's around some areas. That's a low paid temp worker making shit money using their own vehicle. Not exactly someone you would want having access to your home. Even if that wasn't the case and they were well paid, the same still stands

FBI NSLs Amazon.

FBI agent "delivers" package and, without a warrant, searches your house for god knows how long.

You get arrested for something.

In court they claim you waived your right to privacy by ordering something from Amazon.

Your tinfoil hat fell off.

I didn't know that, no wonder. Do they contract with someone different on the East coast? At least, I thought Ontrac was still only a West coast outfit.

Not sure on east coast, as I live on the west coast. Ontrac itself is a contractual company, and there are multiple franchises competing for the same routes. Either way, contracts are won with the lowest bidder. So expect the lowest quality service possible.

Those videos you see online of delivery drivers throwing packages, they are usually the "part-time" workers that are forced to work 7 days a week under threat of being fired. Ive heard mention of USPS "part-timers" that have been working 28 days in a row delivery amazon packages and groceries.

"If Amazon thinks they can just come into my home, by golly they've got another thing coming!"

angry-old-man.jpg

Back