Amazon.com Digital EA week, stacks with $5 promo code for <$5 games

limitedaccess

Supreme [H]ardness
Amazon EA week sale, a different deal every day. Changes at 12am PST. All prices also stack with the $5 promo code if you have it.

Sale Price -> Promo Code price

1/15 &#8211; Alice Madness Returns - $7.49 -> $2.49
1/16 &#8211; Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition + Dragon Age 2 Bundle - $11.99 -> $6.99
(appears to be separate keys, so you could give one away if you already have it)
1/17 &#8211; Medal of Honor - $6.99 -> $1.99
1/18 &#8211; Battlefield Bad Company 2 - $6.99 -> $1.99
1/19 &#8211; Crysis Maximum Edition (Crysis 1 + Warhead) - $7.49 -> $2.49
1/20 &#8211; Bulletstorm - $6.99 -> $1.99
1/21 &#8211; Crysis 2 - $9.99 -> $4.99

All games optionally activate on Origin as well, except Bulletstorm and Crysis Maximum Edition. Crysis Maximum Edition can be activated, but requires going through a customer service rep. Bulletstorm is technically a EA Partners game and uses a GFWL key, there are some reports of success getting it added via a CSR but not consistently.

Amazon DD Main Page

EA Week Daily Deal

Just added -

Anno 2070 - $34.99 -> $29.99 (1/20 and 1/21)
Sonic Generations - $14.99 -> $9.99 (Price match of Steams Sale)

Next weeks - http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1038287996#post1038287996

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I wonder if they activate via origin or will I have to use some amazon client.

Yeah.... foreals.... cuz $12 for both those titles is a bit high price...

(sarcasm)

Yeah.... foreals.... cuz $12 for both those titles is a bit high price...

(sarcasm)

Well excuse us daddy warbucks! I'd like to save $5 if I could. Amazon is even advertising the price with the $5 promo code.

Still picked it up for $12, but I wish I had some promo codes...cause $7 is less than $12...foreals

Thanks OP!!! Been waiting for the Dragon Age combo deal. I remember someone posted a similar sale a week or so ago, but there were issues mentioned on the reviews (something about the game's keys not registering on Origin) and the combo pack was removed off Amazon. Glad it's back so was able to bite :D

Update* Keys registered to Origin without a hitch!

I was saving my last $5 code for Dragon Age Bundle. I resisted Civ 5 and Alice for this...... but I forgot to add it at checkout!
Hopefully will be some more good deals on the next couple of weeks before it expires.

Well, I've always said that I would get Crysis 2 when it is available for $5. I guess that day is about to arrive.

Well excuse us daddy warbucks! I'd like to save $5 if I could. Amazon is even advertising the price with the $5 promo code.

Still picked it up for $12, but I wish I had some promo codes...cause $7 is less than $12...foreals

I picked it for $12. I just doubt anyone has coupons left.

I wonder if they activate via origin or will I have to use some amazon client.

I did explain this in the OP.

But in general you can optionally activate digital copies (doesn't matter where you bought it) of EA games to your Origin account using the keys they give you. With newer games this is quite simple, you just plug in the key in Origin. However with older games, I believe <2009, it doesn't work properly and you need to hunt down a CSR that will do it for you.

None of these games actually require Origin to be running (or installed either). The only ones that do are BF3 and possibly SWTOR, don't have the latter so can't tell you either way.

I did explain this in the OP.

But in general you can optionally activate digital copies (doesn't matter where you bought it) of EA games to your Origin account using the keys they give you. With newer games this is quite simple, you just plug in the key in Origin. However with older games, I believe <2009, it doesn't work properly and you need to hunt down a CSR that will do it for you.

None of these games actually require Origin to be running (or installed either). The only ones that do are BF3 and possibly SWTOR, don't have the latter so can't tell you either way.

SWTOR does not. :)

SWTOR does not. :)

Thanks, that finally answered that question, up to this point I haven't heard either way a well.

With how the description of ME3/Origin is currently worded, then it seems like the only game for the foreseeable future that is actually linked to Origin completely (like a Steamworks title) is BF3.

[nm, found it] wtf. Can someone post the link. Dragon Age Ultimate download comes up as $25 for me.

And for anyone wondering, yes these will activate on Origin. I am sick of all the complainers, Origin is a really great thing and helps a lot when I buy EA games from Amazon, D2D and everywhere besides Steam.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
[nm, found it] wtf. Can someone post the link. Dragon Age Ultimate download comes up as $25 for me.

And for anyone wondering, yes these will activate on Origin. I am sick of all the complainers, Origin is a really great thing and helps a lot when I buy EA games from Amazon, D2D and everywhere besides Steam.

I added the links to the OP.

why would Bulletstorm not activate on Origin?

I hear some differing outcomes regarding this. Some people have managed to convince a CSR to do it what not consistently.

The difference is likely that Bulletstorm is not a specifically a EA game, but a EA partners game. The key attached to it is also a GFWL live format key, and not a EADM/Origin format key.

Thanks for posting the link. I searched for it and it came up at $25. Then I went to their main games page and followed that link.

Skyrim was the game that got me into RPGs. Dragon Age got excellent reviews. I still have Mass Effect 2 also that I bought off D2D a while back. Hopefully both are somewhere as great.

Thinking about buying Crysis Maximum edition for crysis warhead to play the mech warrior mod for it.

But not sure I'd even play it much. Rest of the stuff....I might have gotten alice had i known about the deal the day it was going on.

Hoping we hear about next week before tomorrow's sale is over so I can see if they are going to have some steam redeemable games up for sale that the code will work on.

I know I got one of these codes for $5 dollar off but can't find for the life of me. Can anyone post a sample snipet or image of the email so I can search for it in my emails? Thanks

I know I got one of these codes for $5 dollar off but can't find for the life of me. Can anyone post a sample snipet or image of the email so I can search for it in my emails? Thanks
just search your email for Amazon. mine says "Your Amazon.com Promotional Code" for the subject.

Can you activate crysis maximum edition on steam?

good question. i just picked this up and i would like to know (i am at work now so i cant try). if it will not activate on steam will it activate on origin?

Regarding activating on Origin, since the OP and post #32.

Regarding Steam activation, in general only games that use Steamworks will activate on Steam. In some cases people will distribute Steam versions of certain games (eg. Humble Bundle, Nvidia promotions etc.).

Crysis Maximum deal is live now. So this like 2 games, Crysis and Warhead for $2 if you have the coupon. If you want to activate these on Origin, you can try these links before going to a CSR -

https://activate.ea.com/gameactivation.do
https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do
https://activate.ea.com/applyentitlement.do

On another note, the deal after Crysis 2 for the weekend will be Anno 2070 for $35 by the way.

This worked for me... grabbed Crysis Maximum Edition and popped the codes into the second link for Crysis & Warhead. I already owned them on disc but figured I may as well have easy access for $2.50 :p.

This worked for me... grabbed Crysis Maximum Edition and popped the codes into the second link for Crysis & Warhead. I already owned them on disc but figured I may as well have easy access for $2.50 :p.

do they show up in origin? or just ea download mamager?

Only warhead activated for me on those links.

edit: csr (american) called me back just now and I got it added to my account.

also got a 15% coupon, fuck yea! not much but still i'll take it! thanks ea/origin/amazon!

Last edited:
Back