Amazon Burrning out Z87X-UD4H $70 deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spoke to an Amazon customer service rep about this issue. She assured me that Amazon would be shipping me the UD4H motherboard once they have those in stock. If Amazon ships me the wrong board I would need to contact CS again and they will get it sorted out.

Can verify that my ordered product picture has changed.

Do you think calling them has gained any ground? Or should I just wait this out?

Just spoke to an Amazon customer service rep about this issue. She assured me that Amazon would be shipping me the UD4H motherboard once they have those in stock. If Amazon ships me the wrong board I would need to contact CS again and they will get it sorted out.

good

Confirming this is the response I received as well.

well shoot. I'm going to start buying the price mistakes again.

With the GTX 680 deal they had for $200 and now this....

I guess I just wasn't lucky with the Corsair force 480gb ssd price mistake a year ago.

I was told the same thing.

My experience with Amazon.com has been the best of any online store and I have no worries about this deal. Best case is they ship me the right motherboard and worst case is they send me the wrong MB and I return it and get a full refund.

Just warning all of you, I purchased one of these the thing is garbage. Every time I restart the intel bug with the usb 3.0 ports forces me to have to manually plug in my mouse for it to work. It's $70 for a very good reason.

The intel usb bug can not cause this problem....the board is fine I\ve had one for 2 weeks now. Reliable and solid board. Glad Amazon is gonna treat you guys right I was sure u were gonna get g61 boards.

Can verify that my ordered product picture has changed.

Do you think calling them has gained any ground? Or should I just wait this out?

When I click on the link under My Orders, Amazon directs me to a page showing the H61 board. I pointed this out to the CS and she said if Amazon messed up the order they will make it right. I'm not too worried about getting the UD4H at this point, if Amazon can actually get the UD4H in stock anytime soon.

Update:

Just got off the phone with Amazon, they confirmed they are going to make it right and ship me the product that was on the invoice.

On top of that, they gave me $30 credit towards the purchase, which gives me grand total of $36.84 :eek: for a UD4H AND they gave me a $30 gift card towards my next purchase.

I will not purchase from any other online retailer with how they handled this. Very, very impressed.

Update:

Just got off the phone with Amazon, they confirmed they are going to make it right and ship me the product that was on the invoice.

On top of that, they gave me $30 credit towards the purchase, which gives me grand total of $36.84 :eek: for a UD4H AND they gave me a $30 gift card towards my next purchase.

I will not purchase from any other online retailer with how they handled this. Very, very impressed.

Incredible. If I didn't need a replacement for my P67 board immediately, I would have sold my 2600K and purchased this board from Amazon with a 4670K. Instead I had to pay 110 AR for a Z77A-G45 Gaming. :(

So between the Corsair oulet and combo deals, this is what I have built and with prices:

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H
8GB DDR3 1866 G Skill Sniper
Corsair 600t Case
Intel 4670K
Corsair H100i Cooler
Corsair HX650 PSU

$580 all with free shipping. Waiting for all these things to fall into place has really worked for me, I've saved $300 in parts.

Update:

Amazon never ceases to amaze me.

I don't mind waiting for fresh stock... hopefully we get the refreshed C2 builds.

WIth you there SonDa, I think that's what we may get. All of the resellers on Amazon are pretty much OOS as well. We may get the C2 refresh.

Update:

Nice, you beat my $52 UD4H score from Microcenter.

They gave me the option to wait it out or cancel the order. The chat support is not nearly as nice as the people on the phones..

The chat support feels as if they're automated to give you a $10 credit for any complaints, I mean literely anything.. They're good like that but... sometimes that isn't what it takes to resolve the issue and get your point across.

Other than that I have to say, Amazon has done me pretty right. I had a steelseries mlg mouse that became defective 3 months later and they gave me a refund. Yeah I had to pay a restocking fee but.. they didn't have to take it back period.

They gave me the option to wait it out or cancel the order. The chat support is not nearly as nice as the people on the phones..

Nobody should expect to get anything other than a canned response, or subpar customer service compared to speaking to someone over the phone.

A little politeness, empathy, and patience goes a long way. People in call centers and other customer service get yelled at all day, every day. Put a smile on your face, address them by name. These little things go a long way in getting what you want, and hopefully you helped someone have a better day.

I work in customer service. I know how not to be an asshole to CS. The person who helped me just didn't want to do something she wasn't able to confirm she was allowed to do from what I can gather.

Just got this email from Amazon :(

Hello,

We're writing about ###-#######-####### for GIGABYTE GA-H61M-USB3H LGA1155/ Intel H61/ DDR3/ USB3.0/ A&GbE/ MicroATX Motherboard. We recently learned the description of this item was incorrect at the time you placed your order. The model number for this item is GA-H61M-USB3H instead of GA-Z87X-UD4H. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

You don't need to take any action if you still want to receive the item. If your order has shipped, you can return the item upon receipt for a full refund. To request a return label, visit our Online Returns Center:

https://www.amazon.com/returns

If your order hasn't shipped yet, you can cancel the order by going to Your Account and clicking the "Your Orders" button:

http://www.amazon.com/your-account

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,
Customer Service Department
Amazon.com

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I received that email just now as well.

Does this mean they are going to ship a H61 board? I am calling them tomorrow if that is the case.

Checking-in, I too have received that e-mail despite being assured over the phone last week that I would receive the proper item (UD4H).

I'll be calling to voice my annoyance with how they have handled all of this.

Just got off the phone with a rep, she reassured me that the email we received is because the item description is indeed for the h61 and that the z87 is OOS. However, if I wanted to wait I can and will be receiving the z87 model when they have it in stock. I did a run around with her 3 times to make sure that she fully understood the situation and all 3 times she assured me if I want the item still, and be willing to wait, I will be receiving the z87.

We will see what goes on from there, but I am kind of hopeful they will honor the z87.

Just got off the phone with a rep, she reassured me that the email we received is because the item description is indeed for the h61 and that the z87 is OOS. However, if I wanted to wait I can and will be receiving the z87 model when they have it in stock. I did a run around with her 3 times to make sure that she fully understood the situation and all 3 times she assured me if I want the item still, and be willing to wait, I will be receiving the z87.

We will see what goes on from there, but I am kind of hopeful they will honor the z87.

what was her name? what number did you call?

I'm so confused. I emailed cs and said I ordered the ud4h not the g61 and they told me that the item is back ordered and upgraded me to one day shipping. wtf???

I got an email also, I just canceled it. I am tired of haggling with amazon. For a few dollars more microcenter has it and I don't need to haggle.

It's either get the H61 for about ~$70 or cancel the order. I said screw it and cancelled the order. The H61 is a big step back for me.

I called again today, spoke with a guy named Jay. He assured me that if you ordered it from Amazon, you will receive the product according to the model number of which you purchased, regardless of ASIN.

I just cancelled mine. Unlike general thinking of some self-entitled customers, they don't have to honor price mistakes because like any online retailer they have clauses in their user agreement terms to protect them in cases like this.
But being Amazon they also have outstanding customer service that nobody else can even come close to offer.
I know I can abuse that customer service and probably get my board at loss for them. But I prefer to save them the hassle.
I appreciate and prefer that they continue to invest in giving me great customer service when I really have problems with my orders than to take advantage of their goodwill to save a few bucks in a motherboard I really don't need.

i called Amazon, and they told me that I will receive what my invoice said, and If get H61 board to just return it call them and they will send the right one.

I just cancelled mine. Unlike general thinking of some self-entitled customers, they don't have to honor price mistakes because like any online retailer they have clauses in their user agreement terms to protect them in cases like this.
But being Amazon they also have outstanding customer service that nobody else can even come close to offer.
I know I can abuse that customer service and probably get my board at loss for them. But I prefer to save them the hassle.
I appreciate and prefer that they continue to invest in giving me great customer service when I really have problems with my orders than to take advantage of their goodwill to save a few bucks in a motherboard I really don't need.

Thats nice. I also cancelled my order once this became a "big deal".

People buying things unknowingly on price mistakes is fine to me, but this was so obviously a mistake and yet some people feel they deserve it. It makes me sick. They'll cost amazon $20 in shipping and tie up CSR just to get something they didnt need.

Quit bitching about how this is difficult for you to get. You knew it was an error based off of the ASIN. Either deal with it because its 100% YOUR FAULT you have to deal with this mess, or cancel the order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back